here's a new one....rectal pressure???

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

here's a new one....rectal pressure???

Postby hazelbazel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Sorry, tmi here but I've got some serious rectal pressure going on today. Feels like a hard ball of poo (sorry...tmi again!) Is pushing down on me everyone I'm sitting on my bottom....like something is in there! But I'm not constipated at all. I know it's the babies....but don't know of it means anything or it's normal? Anyone else have this symptom?
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: here's a new one....rectal pressure???

Postby Shelly+3 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Sorry, no help here. Mine are way up high and I get all the stretching at the top like someone is trying to rip the skin away from the bottom of my ribs.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hazelbazel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Oh Lord, Shelly! That sounds truly painful! :(

All my pain is down low. Like as soon as I stand up or sit directly on my buttocks I'm in agony. I feel like I'm sitting on a head, literally! My pelvis has been on fire for a while now but the rectal pressure is new. I've been pooing a lot, but it's loose, not hard like it feels like it should be. So I dunno????? I called the doc about the pressure and the spotting I had this morning and she was more concerned about the pressure. Wants to see me in L&D tonight if gets worse, or if stays the same, go to office tomorrow.
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Do you know if baby A is head down? I would think that would create a lot of pressure. I just have a lot of pain in my pelvic joints but not really what I would call pressure from the inside. I rolled over at one point last night and thought I felt something crack or pop. I kind of had a mini freak out- like did I just break my pelvis? I didn't of course but my brain does weird things when I'm half asleep.

I hope it doesn't get any worse and then you get some answers at your appointment tomorrow!
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hazelbazel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Yeah, both babies are head down actually, but have been for about a month now. Of course they are growing and naturally putting more pressure down there. I had read that rectal pressure can actually be a sign of labor which is partially why I'm concerned about it. It's weird, it's like I have the sensation to have a bowl movement ALL the time. Every time I sit to pee I push a bit because I think I have to poo too! But nope nothing... or if there is something it's loose. Its probably just baby A engaging more and more...but the blood I had this morning makes me wonder what my cervix is doing?

LOL re your mini freak out! My pelvis cracks always when I roll! NOT a good feeling!
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:10 am

I have had this every once in a while. only my A is head down. As dumb as it sounds I sometimes check the toilet after I have a BM! Lol! If you didni't go in during the night, I think you should def go in today!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JJsBump » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Hazel, I feel for you girl! I feel like you're carrying like I did and so YES, I totally felt all your describing. My boys were down low and their big ol heads were sitting right on my Pubic bone. My round ligaments got so stretched I could seriously jump rope with them now.

Hang in there, you're doing great. Make sure to rest though and get your feet elevated and take as much pressure as you can of of your lower abdomen and extremities..my joints still aren't right 2 months PP!!
Me:(JJ) 33 DH:37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
IVF#1: BFP but chemical
FET#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP! TWINS!!
15w: 2 BOYS!!!!
4/10/13: We welcomed E & O @ 35 weeks!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP !!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4/15: ONE baby with :hb: 134
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
JJsBump
Angel
Angel

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:00 pm

so i went today...... And guess what? No dilation or anything.... But my vaginal canal was so swollen she could barely check me. Guess that's why my rectum feels so awful....it its also likely swollen. So while I'm not dilated i am very swollen from all the pressure. Lovely.
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lita74 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:17 pm

I had that...starting at about 20 weeks. Wasn't constipated either. Dr. took me off work...I ended up delivering at 34w.
Lita74
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kricket724 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:22 pm

hazelbazel wrote:so i went today...... And guess what? No dilation or anything.... But my vaginal canal was so swollen she could barely check me. Guess that's why my rectum feels so awful....it its also likely swollen. So while I'm not dilated i am very swollen from all the pressure. Lovely.

You poor thing! :( A cervical check is painful enough, I can't imagine it with everything swollen down there! Yikes. Glad you're not dilating but jeez, that sounds super uncomfortable! I just get lower back pain a lot and pelvic pressure, so far no rectal pressure. I wonder if they're engaged already? Did they say or could they tell that yet?
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm glad to hear everything went ok today. It was sounding kind of scary when I read your posts last night. Well ok is relative I guess, sounds pretty painful actually but glad to head you aren't dilated. Maybe the extreme swelling is keeping you from dilating? (trying to find a silver lining somewhere) :D
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Yeah, I guess it's "normal"... nothing to worry about I guess? The doc (one I like!) wasn't concerned at all but couldn't get the speculum in, then when she went to do a digital check it was really painful and she couldn't find my cervix at first. On another note she said if I don't deliver before 38 weeks they have me on the schedule for an induction on July 17!! I about fell over! That's only 10 days before my 40 weeks. So please PRAY for me that these babies come sometime before that! (starting in a couple of weeks that is).... I think my body will explode before then with all this pressure EVERYWHERE! Heck, even my nose is swollen! LOL!
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meggola » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:46 pm

I had pressure like that too. Baby A was head down and in my pelvis at about 30 weeks on and I could feel it both in my bladder and my rear end. Fun, isn't it?
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Just needed to vent about this real quickly....! I'm TOTALLY freaking out and grossed out. I don't ordinarily touch down there other than wiping, but happened to and realized that my vaginal walls are so swollen they are hanging out. WTF!!!!!!!!! This happened after I gave birth to my second, so some degree, but this is rediculous. And did I mention gross???? EWWWW! Disgusting! Now I'm freaking out about giving birth vaginally! Thank God we are not having sex anymore because it'd be out of the question now for sure. Aurgh.
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meggola » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:39 am

Oh geez! Why do such weird things happen to us when we're pregnant?? I had such bad swelling at the end, including 'down there', but mine was different than what you're describing. I'm so sorry this is happening to you!
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More