Spotting this morning

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Spotting this morning

Postby hazelbazel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:29 am

OK, so after dealing with such crazy rectal and pelvic pressure all night and getting almost no sleep.... along with contractions ranging from 3 an hour to 6 an hour.... I woke this morning to the slightest bit of brownish red spotting on the TP when I wiped. I've had no more since. My contractions are about the same too. But I FEEL different down there in general... I just can't describe it. Is this just more normal twin stuff? I'm just so reluctant to call the doctor YET AGAIN, go in, and have it be nothing, when I'm not even having much of anything really... What do you all think????
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Spotting this morning

Postby kc12345 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:59 pm

Lurking... sorry, didn't want to read and run! I would DEF call your doc. I don't know anything about twin pregnancies but when I had this with my DS, they had me come in right away. ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry, kwim? Don't feel silly about calling... that's what they're paid the big bucks for :) Good luck. Honestly though, if it was JUST pressure or JUST a bit of spotting, I'd say watch it, but since it's both, makes me think something's going on and there may be some cervical change.
kc12345
Angel
Angel

Postby hazelbazel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Thanks so much KC! My reluctance is because I've been in 4 times in the last few weeks and it's never labor.... I've had 2 other babies (not twins) and it's amazing how different this all is. In any case, I waited it out most of the day and finally did call the doc and she said to just keep waiting it out and see if there is any more bleeding or increasing pressure. They want me to come in tomorrow if it is the same, otherwise head right into L&D if anything worsens.

So that's my update! More waiting and seeing! Perhaps it's just my mucous plug coming out really slowly and I'll be ready to deliver in a few weeks... that'd be ideal!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kc12345 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Good for you for calling! It's so hard to call, I know. I always feel like I'm a burden or silly. I think if it were me, I'd go in tmrw regardless just to be checked. But again, I've only had 2 singletons, so I know NOTHING about twins!! Good luck, post tmrw so I can check and see how you are!
kc12345
Angel
Angel

Postby hazelbazel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks KC! I appreciate the support! :)
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:23 pm

I know that sometimes the mucus plug can come out in little bits at a time over weeks so I was thinking that miht be it when I first read your post. Especially if it was just a little but of red and brown.

Hope you get some answers tomorrow( and that you can sleep well tonight!) that seems to be the most elusive thing for me lately. :?
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babyluv51 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:07 am

oh no! I know you hate to feel like the boy that cried wolf, and I tell my doctor I hate feeling like that too, but she always say the only way to know for sure if something is happening is to come and be checked. And they would rather me do that every other day than to wait too long for something that could have been helped. Better safe than sorry. How are you today?
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More