OK, another gross thing to ask you all.....

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

OK, another gross thing to ask you all.....

Postby hazelbazel » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 pm

So I have been noticing for some time now that my vaginal discharge has a really strong sweet smell to it. About a month ago the leakage/discharge became quite watery to the point where it saturates my undies a couple of times a day. I was tested 2 different times and no amniotic fluid was detected. I have also been tested for BV and yeast and I'm all clear. Today however I've noticed the leakage getting even worse...I can feel it coming out and my panties are wet on about a 6 inch surface area. There is a tiny bit of white discharge but everything else is just wet. I assume it's just pee??? But.... (TMI here!).... I asked my DH to smell tonight and he said "that's definately NOT urine" as he about passed out! LOL- the things we make them do! He said it smelled sweet but really strong.

So 1 theory I have is that maybe it's due to my GD? Does anyone else with GD get sweet funky vaginal odors??

Or should I be worried it's my water? With both of my other children my water broke and it was a leak, but it was more of a gush when it would leak. This is more like just dripping every so often. Oh and I've read that amniotic fluid can smell sweet. (I can't remember from personal experience if this is true for me?)

Anyway, thoughts?
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: OK, another gross thing to ask you all.....

Postby GreekMythFreak » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:33 am

I am not sure. Mine was thick and booger like towards the end, but no smell that I can recall. Usually a smell is a sign of infection? Not sure if you've been tested tho.
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kricket724 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:51 am

Have you been tested yet for Strep-B? I've heard amniotic fluid can smell sweet too but that would be a slow leak and I would think if it was amniotic fluid, when you lay down it would really start flowing. Maybe your body is just extra juicy right now?? Might not hurt to get re-checked though. If it is fluid, you definitely don't want an infection!
Kristen
Me - 31
DH - 33
DS #1 - 10
DS #2 - 4
DD #1 & DD #2 - Born on the 4th of July!
Twin Angels 2008 :angel: :angel:

TTC#3 since 2010
IVF #1 - Oct/Nov 2012 - :bfp:

kricket724
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:39 pm

I would definitely get it checked out. Especially since this is a recent new change for you.

Mine is watery some but I think thats more of the pee I constantly leak but also lots of snot like stuff.
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shelly+3 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:58 pm

I think you probably haven't been tested for strep b yet because they just did me at 35 weeks. I think they try to wait until just before they expect you will give birth.

As for discharge I have a lot, to the point where I always have to wear panty liners but I can't tell what it smells like because there is always more pee and that smell is stronger. Or maybe it is that mine just doesn't have a strong smell? I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the GD though, because I think in true diabetics, when they have too high blood sugar it even comes out in their breath and skin.
Shelly+3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hazelbazel » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks all. I went in today and had it checked out. It turned out to be nothing... not urine, not amniotic fluid, no infections... nothing but watery stuff just dripping out for no apparent reason. They said it's just watery discharge and I'm having a lot of it. Everything else is unchanged too... cervix closed, babies look great, etc. So After 6 hours of my day, that's all I have to report! :) I guess no news is good news!

I will say though... my patience is growing very thin. I'm flat out miserable. I have very few good times right now. I'm pretty much a zombie all the time with tiredness and aches and pains. My mood is terrible too. Boo. Ready to start showing even the tiniest inkling toward that these babies are coming SOMETIME in the next century! LOL! :) (yes I'm thankful they're still cooking too, don't get me wrong!)
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:20 am

So glad you got checekd out hazel! It is a pain in the butt the time it takes to get checekd if there's a problem, especially after hours or weekends.

Sorry youre so miserable too! I feel ya... Even turning over in bed is a huge painful effort
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:27 am

I was going to ask if it was sweat? I live in South Louisiana and I would sweat constantly down there. Seriously, I would put deoderant where that area meets my thighs because I was so sweaty. Pregnancy is so gross sometimes!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meggola » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:00 am

babydust2me wrote:I was going to ask if it was sweat? I live in South Louisiana and I would sweat constantly down there. Seriously, I would put deoderant where that area meets my thighs because I was so sweaty. Pregnancy is so gross sometimes!

I was sweaty like that too - and that was during winter in Pennsylvania! I never thought to use deodorant, I used baby powder.

I had a ton of watery disdharge at the end too and was wearing liners 24/7 because of it.When my water broke it was different - it got my thighs wet,even though it was a small leak. I hear you about being miserable. You are at the bitter end now. Hang in there lady! It gets better after birth!
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More