The twin skin [the belly that doesn't go away]

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

The twin skin [the belly that doesn't go away]

Postby TTCin2010 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Ladies I have been working out for about 4 months now, pretty hard core. On average 6 days a week. Weights & Cardio...I've lost 25lbs and feel great. Its about time I got down to where I was before the twins... actually less now.. anyway thats not my problem..

My problem is this incredible belly. After eating anything I can pass for a woman who is about 20 weeks pregnant. Its just plain depressing. Its not a pooch its a pregnant belly and it makes me almost cry... If I wasn't busting my ass so hard in the gym I'd understand it but everywhere else on me is shrinking but this belly!!!

I do have a case of diastasis recti [my abs are separated]... has anyone else had this issue? Did anyone conquer it?

Thanks for listening and helping!
Me:Lauree: 29 DH: Joe: 32

DS:Aidan: 7.20.11
DD:Audree: 7.20.11

My Blog

TTCin2010
Star Member
Star Member

Re: The twin skin [the belly that doesn't go away]

Postby imdesired » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Yep. Awful. All I have is - hoping for a tummy tuck at some point. :/
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
Born May 2, 2012 at 36 weeks 2 days
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:45 am

Congratulations on all of your weight loss!!

I'm so sorry about the belly issue. :( I'm dreadeding what a twin pp belly will feel like. Do you think it's mainly from the diastase recti?
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm not 100% but one of my friends had the same thing where her and split and she was offered surgery to correct it....what i font know is if that its the only option? I know how you feel about looking pregnant though....after my second baby i could not shed my belly no matter what and was asked on more than one occasion when i was expecting.....it was horrible. So I'm guessing in all honesty that once i lose the weight and get back into shape I'll be seriously considering a tummy tuck. I just don't think there's any chance my belly will be flat again otherwise.

Good luck to you! Let its know of you find any other options.
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:52 am

imdesired wrote:Yep. Awful. All I have is - hoping for a tummy tuck at some point. :/

Ditto
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:46 am

I'm almost 10 lbs below pre-pregnancy weight now but inch-wise around my belly I'm measuring the same I did when I was 20 lbs heavier. I'm busting my butt doing Insanity 6 days/week and running 3-4 days a week. I've also been trying a low carb, high protein diet. In the 3 weeks I've been going really hardcore, I have lost an inch around my belly. I'm hoping if I keep it up it will eventually shrink but I don't know. It's just so flabby and covered with stretchmarks. I just plan on working out like crazy and hoping the fact that I still have almost a year until I turn 30 will help me shrink it. If not, I plan on saving for a tummy tuck sometime in my mid to late 30s.

I was lucky though that I didn't have diastasis recti so I'm sure that makes a difference in how things are going with you.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCin2010 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:04 pm

thanks everyone... I'm hoping to not need any nipping or tucking [$$$] but if I'm still looking like this in a few years I just might have to..

Cassidy you sound like me, I just started running a few weeks ago [im not a runner] hoping it would jump start some inches shedding but so far it hasn't been in the right areas. I've been measuring myself but I haven't measured the belly area just waist and hips. I think I'll start measure there too...

I'm going to ask my Dr. the next time I go in but I think they consider the diastasis recti surgery cosmetic.. :(
Me:Lauree: 29 DH: Joe: 32

DS:Aidan: 7.20.11
DD:Audree: 7.20.11

My Blog

TTCin2010
Star Member
Star Member

Postby JJsBump » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm about 10 weeks PP but I have the jelly belly kangaroo pouch thing that is also RIDDLED with stretchmarks and it makes me want to cry too..

I was a pretty slim person before getting pregnant (and never put on weight in my belly) but I guess I should've expected this bc I measured close to like 50 inches around or something insane like that.

I will be seeking laser treatments and a tummy tuck once I'm done having kiddos.

;)
Me:(JJ) 33 DH:37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
IVF#1: BFP but chemical
FET#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP! TWINS!!
15w: 2 BOYS!!!!
4/10/13: We welcomed E & O @ 35 weeks!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP !!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4/15: ONE baby with :hb: 134
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
JJsBump
Angel
Angel

Postby GreekMythFreak » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:55 am

I tried running last year and did pretty well for a beginner and then I hurt my ankle and foot. Now I am doing P90X and seeing more inches shedding than with running... We'll see where I get, but I think that my twin pooch is going to be here to stay in some form, however small....
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:26 am

Just digging up this thread as an update.

I'm 7 weeks into the 9 week Insanity DVD series. I'm 2lbs away from my goal weight - which is what I weight a few years ago back in my exercising days. I measured myself yesterday and compared to the last time I wrote down my measurements. I can't be sure what I weighed on that date, but they're the smallest measurements I have written down. I'm the same or smaller in my arms, legs and butt. But my belly and waist are still slightly bigger. My waist is still an inch bigger than before and my belly is more like 1.5-2 inches bigger. It kind of proves to me that it's so hard to get rid of the extra fat there and some of that probably is excess skin.

I'm still working at it though! I wrote down my measurements nearly a year ago, when I stopped nursing and was starting to lose weight. I'm 45lbs lighter and my belly is a whopping 9.5 inches slimmer than a year ago. When I put the tape measure around my belly and pull it out to last year's measurement, I'm shocked at how much 9.5 inches really is! I'm SO glad I wrote down measurements. It does help know how far I've come.

IUI#2 - BFP!
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JJsBump » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:01 am

Cassidy, that's amazing progress!!

It's very inspiring too...all my weight flew off after delivery bit I've had a stubborn 10 lbs sitting around..although I've been doing in the way of exercise/diet so I really can't complain.

How are your stretchmarks looking?? I know you said you got them bad which is how mine are..
Me:(JJ) 33 DH:37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
IVF#1: BFP but chemical
FET#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP! TWINS!!
15w: 2 BOYS!!!!
4/10/13: We welcomed E & O @ 35 weeks!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP !!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4/15: ONE baby with :hb: 134
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
JJsBump
Angel
Angel

Postby babydust2me » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 am

They're fading but definitely still there. They're all over my legs which I just deal with. I started wearing a tankini instead of a bikini to hide the ugly belly and stretch marks. I have been putting cocoa butter on them and I can't tell if it's helping or if it's just time that's helping them fade. I do still have remnants of my linea nigra 13 months post delivery too.

That's great that you lost all of your weight! It took me a good 10 or 11 months to lose the 60 I gained. It's taken me another couple of months to lose the 15 more to get back to what I'm most comfortable weighing.

Now I just exercise like crazy trying to flatten everything out.

IUI#2 - BFP!
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:48 am

That's awesome! I made it 10 weeks intot he 13 of P90X and wasn't getting results. I want to try insanity but hope I don't have the same problem
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:34 am

I've done P90X before too - prepregnancy. It's definitely more for sculpting and toning muscles. If you've got fat covering up those muscles, it takes cardio to get rid of the fat. Insanity is hard, no doubt. Time-wise it's actually less than the time commitment for P90X most days. But it's mostly cardio and jumping. There are some push ups too. But the focus is more on getting your heart rate up and burning fat rather than building muscle. That's not to say you don't build muscle, because my quads are getting quite developed lately! I obviously didn't have the twin skin when I did P90X but I find I'm having better weight loss results with Insanity. I think I'm going to do one more round to see if I can't flatten this belly out. And after that I think I'll go back to P90X to tone up my upper body more.

IUI#2 - BFP!
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:27 pm

babydust2me wrote:I've done P90X before too - prepregnancy. It's definitely more for sculpting and toning muscles. If you've got fat covering up those muscles, it takes cardio to get rid of the fat. Insanity is hard, no doubt. Time-wise it's actually less than the time commitment for P90X most days. But it's mostly cardio and jumping. There are some push ups too. But the focus is more on getting your heart rate up and burning fat rather than building muscle. That's not to say you don't build muscle, because my quads are getting quite developed lately! I obviously didn't have the twin skin when I did P90X but I find I'm having better weight loss results with Insanity. I think I'm going to do one more round to see if I can't flatten this belly out. And after that I think I'll go back to P90X to tone up my upper body more.

This sounds dead on for me and my experience, so I feel even MORE inclined to try insanity :D
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More