PUPPS?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

PUPPS?

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:28 pm

I remember reading that some of you had pupps before. What did it look like when it first started? I woke up today with small white botches all overmy belly and parts of my upper legs. Some of the spots have tiny needle head sized red marks in the middle of them....but not all of them. Although I'm itchy everywhere else my belly really isnt that itchy or anything. But I'm wondering if this could be the start of pupps. Anyone else have it start like this?
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: PUPPS?

Postby JJsBump » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Someone asked this on FF and this was my response:

My PUPPs started in my stretch marks and went to my hands next. It was major, obvious hives that itches so bad I felt like I was going to lose my mind on many occasions. It would flare up and I would cry hysterically. It was one of the worst things I have ever experienced.

Here are some photos of how mine looked, hope it helps.

Me:(JJ) 33 DH:37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
IVF#1: BFP but chemical
FET#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP! TWINS!!
15w: 2 BOYS!!!!
4/10/13: We welcomed E & O @ 35 weeks!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP !!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4/15: ONE baby with :hb: 134
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
JJsBump
Angel
Angel

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Oh JJ! That looks AWFUL! I have NOTHING like that...mine are just white blotches like when you press your finger to your skin and lift, you know how the skin blanches? That's what it looks like but spots all over my belly some with what looks like a red pore in the middle. As the day has progressed however now my lower belly is beginning to get itchy. I'm hoping it's totally phychosomatic!! I sure hope I don't wake up with a rash everywhere.... that would just put this girl right over the edge!!!! I'm not sure how you did it!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JJsBump » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Hazel

I hope what you're experiencing does not lead to PUPPs!!! Was the worst thing ever!! I think had I not gotten it, I would've been able to hang in there a bit longer despite the pre e I had brewing.

Congrats on making it so far though, you're doing great!!
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
JJsBump
Angel
Angel

Postby hazelbazel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Well, I'm reluctant to jinx myself here..... but I THINK it's not turning into PUPPS. If anything the little spots seem to be going away and I actually think it was more of a circulation thing than anything. I think I'm just so big the blood can't get everywhere... LOL!

One weird thing though... unrelated really... but still on the belly! I've had these little vertical white stretch marks right at my pubic line right where my belly first starts to protrude for a while. And they've been numb for a while so I don't even touch down there because it just feels bizzare. Anyway, my DH and I noticed last night that the skin under these marks is totally soft and pooching out, like for about 4 inches long! And when you touch it, it feels like intestines or an organ or something ! It feels awful to say the least! But totally painless. Anyway, showed it to the doc today and they said it is just fluid! It's like a small part of my abdomen just decided to fill up with fluid and swell! They even said it was pitting a little. How WIERD is that????? LOL! Oh boy am I going to be a mess when this is all over. Tummy tuck here I come!
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JJsBump » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Oh Hazel, you've just been through the ringer!! I'm so glad it's not PUPPs tho...I think I'd rather have another section than experience PUPPs again..in fact, I know I would.

You've done such a great job cooking your babies this long though!! And ill be getting laser treatments and a tummy tuck right along with you!
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
JJsBump