anti-depressants

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

anti-depressants

Postby babyluv51 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Curious if any of you mommas were on anti-depressants after your twin births or any other for that matter? I ended up going on Prozac when ds2 was 9-10months old and weaned him then. I had postpartum shingles at 3 months and then constantly broke out in hives due to stress. So if having two children 22 months apart stressed me out I know that 4 children 4 and under with twins being 2 of them is going to. I stopped the Prozac during the pregnancy and really want to be able to take something once they are born but also be able to breastfeed. I know Zoloft is a go-to drug, but I tried it once and it makes me nauseated so I'm afraid to try it again. So, what brand did everyone else take?
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: anti-depressants

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:10 am

I was on Anti-Depressants before and after my DS1, and then after the twins I don't need them anymore, it's weird. Never be ashamed, and don't be afraid to ask for help. I never took anything while breastfeeding tho... Zoloft is the only one I know of
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:23 am

I went on them when the boys were around 7 months and they made me 100% better as soon as I found the right one. At first I was on Zoloft and it made me so nauseous I could barely function (not good when I was already having trouble taking care of two babies!). I switched to generic Prozac after two weeks and within a couple days I was completely back to myself. I think it was called Fluoxetine, a low dose worked for me, 20mg.

I wasn't pumping or breastfeeding at that point so I'm not sure if Prozac is ok if you're doing that.

I'm off them now, but once in a while when I'm stressed I still think "Man, I wish I was on that Prozac still!" lol
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meggola » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm taking Zoloft, but I know the #2 choice f you're BF is Paxil. Both have actually been tested and are considered safe since incredibly low levels of the drugs transfer to BM.
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lita74 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:33 am

I take Remeron, but don't know if it is safe when BFing.
Lita74
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More