Hi!

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Hi!

Postby Chantellg » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:05 pm

So I took a very long break from tww after having my twins. I don't even know if I ever posted that they came home from the nicu! I was so grateful for the support I got here, I've wanted to say hi again! I had some ppd after having the twins and had a hard time dealing with their early delivery that i couldn't come on here and see people having big healthy babies. It sounds silly but I felt like a failure. Anyway, my twin boys are 1 now and so big and fun! Colton's taken his first steps and Callan is not far behind! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hopefully I'll be more active in this group!
Me <3 dh 12/20/2008
DS 5/4/11
DS 2 & 3 7/7/2012 (8weeks early)
expecting baby #4 in December!

Chantellg
Angel
Angel

Re: Hi!

Postby babydust2me » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:46 am

Welcome back! I know how you feel on the premature thing. I know it's irrational but I feel like I'm being criticized when I hear other moms being congratulated on how far they made it. But you just have to remember that nothing you did caused your boys to come early, it was just their time.

I love the mustache pictures! They're adorable!

That's awesome that they're walking already! Morgan has been taking a few steps for a month and a half now but she's still not walking yet. And Reagan is just started to stand for a little bit unassisted. It'll be at least another month I think before she's steady enough to take steps. I'm really not in any hurry for them to walk though. They're all over the place already, I dread the day I have 2 walking kids!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chantellg » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:22 am

They're not quite walking still crawling mostly! Just have taken steps a couple times! I can't wait for the walking stage, which I might regret saying later! I think they will have more fun with their big brother once they are more on even ground ;) how are your girls talking? Mine still mostly just babble jibberish! Lol they say dada and mama occasionally but don't have many words. They do like to screech and scream tho!
Me <3 dh 12/20/2008
DS 5/4/11

Chantellg
Angel
Angel

Postby babydust2me » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:37 am

Reagan talks a lot for her age. She pays attention to everything and repeats a lot. But regularly she'll say momma, dada, sis/sister, ball, this, that, outside, uh-oh, bye-bye, cousie (for cousin), bubble (as in Bubble Guppies - she LOVES that show!). If we ask her what a chicken says she says "bawk bawk bawk". Yeah, she totally learned that from Bubble Guppies. And she doesn't really sit and watch it. She mostly just likes the songs. Morgan pretty much says dada for everything. She's got this deep voice which is adorable and she mostly babbles. She's just started saying momma though and she also says sis/sister and a few times I've heard Ray Ray (which is what we call Reagan).

They can both understand quite a bit though and they LOVE going outside. I don't take them outside too much because it's hard to do it by myself, but when they're walking we will probably go out more. Plus it's pretty hot these days.

They have started kissing each other and they "talk" to each other a lot. I swear they understand each other because they'll babble back and forth and then they'll both head off to the same place. Lots of times they'll just look at each other and laugh. And they get so excited when they see each other.

IUI#2 - BFP!
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby imdesired » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 am

Hey! They are adorable! :)
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
Born May 2, 2012 at 36 weeks 2 days
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:31 am

I feel the same way sometimes. It always shocks me how long most of the ladies here carry their twins. Mine came at 29 weeks and I think only Gwen & Avery came earlier. I'm even jealous of you two ladies with your 30+ weekers! Alas, we all have awesome kids that are doing great regardless of when they were born.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chantellg » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Babydust- that is so many words for her age! Amazing! I think you're totally right about them understanding each other without actual words tho. I swear they can just look at each other and know what they're going to do. I love catching them talking and laughing and playing across their cribs after nap. It's so cute and fun!

Thanks imdesired! Your boys are so cute too! Love the different hair!

It's so true buggie, we meet people all the time who were preemies and we never know! I'm glad I wasn't alone in those feelings though. I don't know why it took me so long to shake them!
Me <3 dh 12/20/2008
DS 5/4/11

Chantellg
Angel
Angel

Postby ritzy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Welcome back! They are so adorable!!!!
Michelle 40 DH 39
DD1 6/18/03
MC:12/4/09 We will always love you baby girl!
Twin DD & DS 3/21/11- Our IVF Miracles!
M/C 5/3/12 Always in our hearts....

ritzy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:30 am

buggie wrote:I'm even jealous of you two ladies with your 30+ weekers! Alas, we all have awesome kids that are doing great regardless of when they were born.

I think about you every time I have those feelings about how long I stayed pregnant. So it reminds me that I'm lucky I had 33 weekers and we had a relatively short NICU stay.

When were Gwen & Avery born? I think afireinside had her 2 pretty early too - like 24 or 25 weeks.

IUI#2 - BFP!
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:43 pm

I think they were 25 weekers and I forgot about afireinside's preemies. I wonder how they're doing.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:00 am

Welcome back, I love all the pics! They are so big now, and doing great!!!!

Hugs mama, you're not judged here. None of you are. We're all from different walks and our bodies are not the same. AFM, I am proud that I made it as long as I did, even if I was early. Twins are tough, right from the beginning and you can only go as far as your body will let you! They are happy and healthy now ;) Hope to see you around more!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chantellg » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:41 am

Thanks, Greekmyth! They are getting so big and so fun! You are definitely right about everyone being different and I never felt judged here, it was more the jealousy that I felt that kept me away. :/ oh we'll, anyway, back and feeling great! Hope to be around more too!

Also, your kids are getting so big too!!!! Love your family picture!
Me <3 dh 12/20/2008
DS 5/4/11

Chantellg
Angel
Angel

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:29 am

Chantellg wrote:Thanks, Greekmyth! They are getting so big and so fun! You are definitely right about everyone being different and I never felt judged here, it was more the jealousy that I felt that kept me away. :/ oh we'll, anyway, back and feeling great! Hope to be around more too!

Also, your kids are getting so big too!!!! Love your family picture!

I can understand that. HUGS mama, they are so precious!

Thank you! We tried, but kids are so hard to gather at one time ;) LOL!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More