Movement & RLP

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Movement & RLP

Postby Bailierae » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 am

I am just wondering when you girls started feeling your babies and what it felt like? The past couple days I've noticed this weird light jolting pinching feeling right where Baby A is and then last night I felt it where Baby B was. It doesn't hurt just a weird sensation that's hard to even describe. Or almost like I got shocked by someone that touched me but not as strong. It's a weird feeling. And I have been feeling RLP for a little while and to me that feelings like stretching and hurts when I get up out of bed or move side to side. I know I'm only 13+ weeks but just was wondering what that feeling could be. Curious to know when you felt your babies and what it felt like!

Me- 23
DH- 25

TTC #1 Since 2009
3 Angel Babies in 2012
IUI #5 BFP 6/4/13
14dpiui Beta 322. Progestrone 102
16dpiui Beta 1097
20dpiui Beta 5445
5w1d It's Twins!!
6w5d Ultrasound Baby A HB 146 Baby B HB 130
8/19 TWO BOYS!!
For with God all things are possible!!
Bailierae
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Movement & RLP

Postby hazelbazel » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi! So for me each of my 3 pregnancies differed based on where the placentas were located. My first 2 singleton pregnancies the placentas were posterior (on the back side of the uterus) and so I could feel movement early on... like around 15/16 weeks. But in this last twin pregnancy, I didn't have any discernable movement until around 20/21 weeks. I was shocked thinking because there were 2 that I'd feel movement super early, but it turned out one of my placentas was anterior which cushioned things so much that I really couldn't feel a thing until much later. In addition, movement for me didn't feel painful at all, it simply felt like movement, kind of like a gas bubble popping in you.... very similar sensation. The shocked sensation your describe may be just more stretching and such, similar to RLP but different.... like I found right around where you are I had a huge growth spurt and the pains were all over the place and sort of differed depending on where they were.

I hope that helps! All the best to you! If it's not your babies yet, don't worry, you'll feel them soon enough and at the end you'll swear they're going to just climb right out of your belly! lol!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:50 am

For me, in the beginning it always felt like twitching or fluttering. Never a pinching, but like my muscles were twitching. Later on it feels like something is kicking you, LOL! I think with the twins I started feeling them around 16 or 17 weeks... Not sure...
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:25 am

Mine felt like bubbles when they kicked early on, funny enough kind of like gas. And I swear I felt them once at 13 weeks, then kicks that I was sure was them at 15-16 weeks, then all day, everyday by 20 weeks.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More