Birth Story and spam!! (FINALLY!!)

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Birth Story and spam!! (FINALLY!!)

Postby babyluv51 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:19 am

Yesterday the twins were 3 weeks old! Its been a rough 3 weeks for me but finally have time and energy to sit down to the computer.

So I was induced at 38+1 after being on bedrest for 9 weeks. I was 4cm and 90% when I arrived. I got my epidural and Pitocin was started around 8:30. There was much discussion as to deliever in labor room or OR. Both babies were head down but B was slightly at an angle. They decided to deliver in me a labor room but the one next to the OR doors. If B flipped breech I told her it was her call to do an extraction vs a csection depending on what she felt was safest for the baby.They checked me a few times and were uping the dosage and my cervix was not changing at all. They didn't want to break my water because she had a 9:30am section and then had some errands she needed to do. OB left hospital around noon and said she would be back at 3 to break my water. At 3 OB returned and I was STILL 4cm and 90% so she broke my water. I have a history of going quick once its broke so that's why she wanted to make sure she would be around after it was broken. OB stayed in the room and chit chatted with us for 40 minutes then said she was going to step out and come back in 20 minutes to check me. As she was leaving I felt the pressure and said it felt like I was sitting on a cantelope! She checked me and sure enough I was complete. The plan was for me to deliver A and then the midwife was to guide B into head down position with her hands on the outside more so he couldn't flip breech.They had nurses in the room in minutes and told me to push. I started to push and she said stop. I pushed 1/2 a push and then she just fell out of me! Once she was out the midwife accidently unstrapped B's monitor. WHen we got his heartrate back it was in the 60's then 50's then they lost it all together. Before the OB could say that were going in the OR my husband was yelling "GO, just GO!" They rushed my bed into the OR crashing around everywhere people yelling all sorts of things. Scariest moments of my life. I put my fingers in my ears to drown out the scary stuff and just kept focused on breathing. I didn't even realize or think of baby A or DH at this point. He was in the hallway changing I found out later. ONce in the OR it took a while for the surgical epidural to take effect and I could still feel her pinching me but I said to go ahead and cut. I figured if I felt it they could knock me out. Thank God I didn't feel it. 11 minutes after A was delivered vagainlly, B was out by section in the OR. It was FAST! DH missed the delivery of B. But he was breathing when he was born! They gave so much in my epidural I went numb EVERYWHERE except my left side of my face and my left upper arm . I was in recovery for over 3 hours. I have never in my life had so much pain. I spent 3 nights in the hospital and by the time I went home I still needed 100% help of my husband to lift all my weight ot stand up or to get around in bed. It was AWEFUL! But the babies were healthy and able to stay with us. B (Emmitt had low suagrs the first few days but that was it)

Ellie was born at 3:54pm , 5lb 1oz , 18 inches and Emmitt was born 4:05pm, 5lb 9oz, 18.75inches. They were much smaller than expected. Last US 3 weeks before they were born they were both estimated at 5lb 3oz. Today they are 5lb 13oz and 6lb 9oz

BFing was hard as I got blisters on my left nipple and had to pump the first 2 weeks and supplement with high cal formula because they were slow to gain but I've had them on the breast tandem feeing about a week now! I'm finally able to stand up straight and get in and out of bed without crying. ITs been a long 3 weeks. The babies are perfect and quiet and great sleepers waking only to eat every 3-4 hours. Once I feel all better life will be good!

I'm having trouble uploading pics at the moment but will try again later!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Birth Story and spam!! (FINALLY!!)

Postby GreekMythFreak » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:28 am

Wow, what an experience! Glad everything worked out and all are okay! Hope you are feeling better and will be sending you T&Ps for your recovery. Glad babies are well and can't wait to see some spam!!! Congrats again and thank you for sharing!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:31 am

My god that sounds terrifying!!! I'm so glad you and the babies are ok. And it sounds like they are taking it easy on you right now, eating every 3-4 hours. That's awesome. Congrats!
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:19 am

What a whirlwind! Things never quite go as expected but I'm glad both babies and you are healthy in the end. I hope your recovery continutes to go well and it sounds like the babies are doing great. Congrats!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More