Flutters on BOTH sides?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Flutters on BOTH sides?

Postby JoyfulJackson » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:04 pm

I've talked to a few of you on here before... One of you found out at 21 weeks that you were having twins and I asked if your midwife ever heard two heartbeats on the Doppler. I haven't had an ultrasound. My first will be on sept 20 when I'm 20 weeks. I'm consistently measuring large, I have twins in my family, all my dreams have been about boy/girl twins, I had an early positive test at 3 weeks, and as a first time mom I knew I was pregnant the week of conception even though I was told it was impossible to tell (it was either that or I was dying lol!). I could go on and on with my list. I'm only measuring 3 weeks ahead so I started to tell myself it couldn't be twins because I figured I'd be measuring alot bigger than that by now. I've been feeling flutters for about a week now. SO AMAZING! I'll never forget the first day! But maybe the fourth day of feeling them I felt them on my right side very strong and at te same time on my left side but further back and not as strong. Have any of you had anything similar with twins or your singletons? I didn't know it was even possible for either, but it def happened!
JoyfulJackson

Re: Flutters on BOTH sides?

Postby Bailierae » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:03 pm

It's very possible you have two babies in there but I don't know that there are any ways to actually tell if you are until you get an ultrasound. Mothers intuition is very strong though. I feel babies on both side so its definitely possible that's what you are feeling. I've been feeling my boys since 14-15 weeks. I also can also feel two lumps on opposite sides of my belly if that makes sense, like two hard spots where each baby is.
Me- 23
DH- 25

TTC #1 Since 2009
3 Angel Babies in 2012
IUI #5 BFP 6/4/13
14dpiui Beta 322. Progestrone 102
16dpiui Beta 1097
20dpiui Beta 5445
5w1d It's Twins!!
6w5d Ultrasound Baby A HB 146 Baby B HB 130
8/19 TWO BOYS!!
For with God all things are possible!!
Bailierae
Star Member
Star Member

Postby JoyfulJackson » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks Bailierae! I know it may not be too and I'm super happy either way. I've just been told multiple times that I wouldn't feel two flutters even if it was twins and that I would feel them behind my belly button not on the sides and that the uterus isn't big enough for that. But I know why I felt was flutters, one baby or two. So I'm glad to hear it does happen to others!

And congrats on your boys!!!
JoyfulJackson

Postby buggie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:43 am

I feel like I always felt my boys on the sides and top. I had anterior placentas so I never felt them around the belly button like people have told you.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 am

If you do have twins it would depend on how they're positioned. For a long time my baby A was head down and B was transverse - they were in sort of a T shape and I felt most of the movement in the middle of my belly. I don't think I'd have known it was 2 if I didn't already know I was having twins.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JoyfulJackson » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 am

buggie wrote:I feel like I always felt my boys on the sides and top. I had anterior placentas so I never felt them around the belly button like people have told you.

That's how mine feel! I thought it was so weird I figured I'd feel them low but I feel them as high as my belly button. Which would be around how high my uterus is now unless I jumped since my last appointment. It was all just very shocking.

Thank you all for telling me your experiences! I'm excited to see what is going on in there in a few weeks! I was really doubting a huge baby because my husband and I are so small. But now it's becoming more believeable. It HAS to be either a gigantic chubby baby or I'm eating for three. My stomachs been crazy!!! I'm so tired of making myself eat, but my belly isn't!
JoyfulJackson

Postby Andrea19 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:46 pm

I don't remember feeling flutters in two different places, but I had a similar experience as Bailierae in that I felt two solid lumps on either side on my belly button starting around 18 weeks. I thought it was one baby's head and butt that I was feeling, but it was actually two heads!
Me: 30 :kiss: DH: 30
~Expecting babies #1 AND #2 in October 2013!~
Andrea19
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More