I don't know if I can do this

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

I don't know if I can do this

Postby megan6912 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:44 am

I'm only 32 weeks so shouldn't be complaining, but laying in a hospital bed all day and having constant contractions are making me so miserable I just woke up today and cried. I can't believe the difference a month makes, at 28 weeks when I first got here I was having fun shopping online and enjoying being able to rest and relax on doctors orders. Now I just want these babies out!! It's way to early to be feeling this miserable right!?!? If I sit up, my back hurts, if I lay down my hips hurt. Thankfully I'm in the home stretch. I should be getting 1 more round of steroids this week and then home in 2 weeks (if my doctor lets me and doesn't induce). He is pretty strict about not letting me get past 36 weeks, and said that at 35 weeks I may get the choice of inducing since I will have been on bedrest for 7 weeks at that point with contractions everyday. We have had to stop ptl 4 times now cause my body just wants to contract. 3 weeks. I can do 3 weeks. Heck once I get to 35 weeks maybe I will feel like super woman and extend it a few more days. 36 weeks is my husbands med school midterm so that day is out and at this point I'm done being a pregnant woman and I want to get back to being a mom to my toddler. That's my rant. Oh and I can't even have cake or cookies brought in to make me feel better cause I have GD and I can't have any meds to make the contractions stop cause I have SVT. Anyway, I guess I better get off of here and get busy doing nothing at all except sit here. As soon as I recover from having these babies I'm gonna go sit in a hot tub for a couple days.
Megan (me)- 25
Jared (dh)-24
DS-1 born January 29, 2012 after 3 years of infertility

SURPRISE we are pregnant with an oops baby!!!!!!! YAY
Omg TWINS!!
megan6912
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: I don't know if I can do this

Postby buggie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm

That must be soo hard and so uncomfortable. Have you watched a lot of Netflix? I think that would be my go to for a time killer. Just blow through various seasons of tv shows. It gets boring, but it's better than just sitting there. If you need recommendations, I watch way too much tv and can list off a ton of them.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bailierae » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:52 pm

So sorry you're having such a hard time. Your doing great though and hopefully the next couple weeks will fly by. And it will all be worth it and a distant memory once you have your sweet babies in your arms!! I have no experience with what you're going through, but we are all here if you need to vent. I second the Netflix, I think it would help pass time and some seasons are so addictive.
Me- 23
DH- 25

TTC #1 Since 2009
3 Angel Babies in 2012
IUI #5 BFP 6/4/13
14dpiui Beta 322. Progestrone 102
16dpiui Beta 1097
20dpiui Beta 5445
5w1d It's Twins!!
6w5d Ultrasound Baby A HB 146 Baby B HB 130
8/19 TWO BOYS!!
For with God all things are possible!!
Bailierae
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust2me » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:53 am

I was pretty miserable at 32 weeks as well. That's when my pre-e was starting so I guess that had a lot to do with it but I kept thinking about how bad it could be if I had the babies early but at the same time I was ready to feel better. I don't have much advice since I went into labor the day I was put on bedrest but I hope the next few weeks fly by! I know it doesn't feel that way now but those babies won't be inside you forever. Eventually they will come out!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meggola » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Complain away! You are in a very hard place right now! I was getting pretty miserable by 32 weeks myself. That's when things really started to hit me. GD, swelling, only sleeping 45 mins at a time...etc, etc. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be on hospital bed rest. My heart goes out to you!
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Andrea19 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Megan, you CAN do it!!! You've been doing it for a month already and you only have a few more weeks before they send you home or those babies arrive. I feel miserable every day but I get to be at home, so I can only imagine how you must feel. Just hang in there, your little girls will be here before you know it! Thinking of you, KUP.
Me: 30 :kiss: DH: 30
~Expecting babies #1 AND #2 in October 2013!~
Andrea19
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby GreekMythFreak » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 pm

I am so sorry mama. HUGS! You CAN do this. 32 weeks is when I started getting SUPER miserable, you're right on cue. Hang in there. Sending you lots or T&Ps. Also, check the Q&A Sticky it has some advice for bedrest mamas!
Robin (31)
DH - P (32)
DS - D (4.5)
DD - W (3)
DS - W (3)

GreekMythFreak
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More