all sorts of tummy sensations

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

all sorts of tummy sensations

Postby nicann2012 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Am 17 weeks with what could be two boys (wont be sure till detailed scan in 3 weeks as they are not revealing LOL)

The other night (around 5am) was awoken by a 'popping' sensation on my left abdomen.
As i have been pretty bloated and gassy, i actually waited to pass gas, but felt another two pops.
the popping was at the same spot. could this be one of the babies kicking or is it too soon?

i also feel like my tummy is growling (or somewhat blending) quite regularly.
again, is that just gas, hunger pangs or babies??

ive also been experiencing pretty bad pains. doc has checked and seems to think its ligaments stretching as i dont have any other worrying symptoms.
the thing is the pain tend to last for hours, sometimes throughout the whole night!
any of you feel this too??
nicann2012
Friend

Re: all sorts of tummy sensations

Postby buggie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:36 pm

I would take a nice warm bath for ligament pains. It's like your belly is floating and all the weight is off everything that's getting stretched. Doesn't work so well for middle of the night pain, but end of the day it worked great for me.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dun2859 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:29 pm

I was around 15-16 weeks and thought it was gas bubbles too, but it was the babies kicking. I only could feel it when I would lay down and keep very still. So, I'm guessing that is what you're feeling. I also had a good bit of pain around this time. Had a lot of back pain. It was also attributed to rlp. I did see my doc though, just to be sure.
IVF April 2009 Angel 8w4d IVF July 2010 - Twins born March 9, 2011 - Brinley Noelle and Casey Adam Jr.
dun2859
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby nicann2012 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:23 am

buggie wrote:I would take a nice warm bath for ligament pains. It's like your belly is floating and all the weight is off everything that's getting stretched. Doesn't work so well for middle of the night pain, but end of the day it worked great for me.

Thanks, i found that even hot showers help sooth the pain a bit.
hubby has now tasked himself to giving me gentle tummy massages every night (bliss!).
after all, i need to load up on the oil to prevent stretch marks! :)
nicann2012
Friend

Postby nicann2012 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:25 am

dun2859 wrote:I was around 15-16 weeks and thought it was gas bubbles too, but it was the babies kicking. I only could feel it when I would lay down and keep very still. So, I'm guessing that is what you're feeling. I also had a good bit of pain around this time. Had a lot of back pain. It was also attributed to rlp. I did see my doc though, just to be sure.

yeah, i know what you mean. the backpain is slowly becoming very annoying!
sometimes i think the baby on the left doesnt like it when i sleep on my left...so i resort to laying on my right almost the whole night, which then leads my entire left side to be numb!! :(
theyve been pretty quiet recently...no more kicking..and im still trying to distinguish between gas bubbles and movement :)

hope your backaches dont get worse. i also bought one of those body pillows which help..a bit!
nicann2012
Friend

Postby babydust2me » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:19 pm

The first baby kicks for me felt like popcorn popping, so I suspect that's what you were feeling. I didn't feel my 2 until around 20 weeks but I don't think 17 weeks is too early.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nicann2012 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:33 pm

About a week ago, i felt what i think were kicks on both sides..so i assume both babies were doing it :)
but have not felt any since...movements have also been very very minimal, if not at all....is this normal??
my last scan was a week ago...and am going in for a detailed scan next week...should i be worried??
nicann2012
Friend

Postby buggie » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:59 am

I would say that paying close attention to how much they kick before it's really, really obvious will drive you crazy unnecessarily. I had two anterior placentas, so I never felt kicks in the front until like 20+ weeks at least. I swear I felt something at 13 weeks, then nothing til 15-16 and then it was just flutters once in a while (by once in a while I mean every few days, not everyday). My husband felt them at 21 weeks but even then it wasn't consistent. I couldn't tell you how many times I'd drive orange juice or lay real still or poke them to try to wake the poor sleeping babies up to get them to kick!! I worried about them not kicking enough until the day I got admitted to the hospital, but they were fine that whole time.

And going by the INSANE amount of energy my two 2 year olds have now, I have no idea how they didn't kick straight through my uterus at some point. :D
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nicann2012 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:53 am

thanks for sharing all your experiences!

just went for a detailed scan ysterday and all is well! we are also having one boy and one girl :)
funny though, the babies are both about 250-260 gms each...which is normal (in fact a tad bit heavier) but my stomach still looks relatively small.
anyway, since they both passed the scan with flying colours, we're happy & grateful!

i also am pretty sure i felt an 'official' kick today from one of them cos i actually felt it on my hand that was resting on my tummy!! :)
nicann2012
Friend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More