stroller suggestion

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

stroller suggestion

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Does anyone have the joovy big caboose? Do you like it? Or is there something else that you would recommend for a toddler and twins. My DS will be two next month and the twins are due in June. I'm trying to wrap my head around going from one to three and how it will work when we try to take them all out and about at the same time.
Me: 28 DH: 30
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
8w3d :angel: 5w0d :angel: 4w3d :angel:
19w4d :angel: :angel: :angel: Triplets lost to IC 1/7/11: Cadyn (with us for for 20 minutes), Adalyn & Mikayla (born sleeping)

:hb: Our little miracle Mason arrived on February 22, 2012! :hb:

Expecting TWINS June 2014 after just one round of treatments! :shock:

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: stroller suggestion

Postby bakermommy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:07 am

So I am backwards of your situation. I had my twins first then welcomed our third when they were 18 months. I honestly have never been anywhere by myself with the three of them yet and the baby is one now. So I can't speak to what is easy for if you plan on getting out a lot alone. We have the chico keyfit 30 twin stroller. It came with the two carriers. Never had any problems with it other than it is a limo and kids clothing stores aren't very twin stroller friendly :). We still use it now that they are older if we go anywhere we don't want them freely walking. What we do as far as getting three kids out now is either use two strollers (the double and a single) or use one stroller and one grocery basket. We have also put the baby up front in the shopping cart and let the twins hang out in the cart. Although your situation will be flipped. It takes some time to adjust to having three little ones for sure. I had to go out and buy a really hot minivan because it was the only "comfortable" car to be able to get to three car seats without having to climb all the way in. We honestly just stay at home a lot. That is our choice. It is easier that way and this is just a season that will pass. One day they will all be able to do things for themselves and I will be sad. (sorry rambling now). I must also mention the dh and I work together so I always have that second set of hands. Hope some other ladies have some good suggestions for you.
4/2009 :angel2:
IVF#1 BFP 10-23-10
Beckham Cale 5lbs 6 oz 6/17/11
Brody Kingston 6 lbs 2 oz 6/17/11
BFP#3 5-4-12
6-5-12 :hb: 157
6-26-12 :hb: 160
7-25-12 :hb: 144
8-6-12 It's a boy
1/5/13 Bray Isaiah 8 lbs 5 oz
BFP#4 7/29/14
Beta # 1 7/30/14 (15)
Beta #2 8/1/14 (66) Progesterone 26
9/10/14 :hb: 166
10/8/14 :hb: 156
11/10/14 It's a Princess!!
3/27/15 Brooklyn Grace 7lbs 13 oz 19 in
bakermommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks for your help! I don't think I'll be brave enough to go it alone until they're a bit older, so I should have DH helping out. Two strollers seemed like it would take up a lot of room in our vehicle, which is why i was hoping I could find one that might work for all three. DH keeps threatening to buy a minivan, but I haven't given in yet. Like you, I'll probably change my mind after climbing into the back of our SUV to buckle in our toddler. ;)
Me: 28 DH: 30
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
8w3d :angel: 5w0d :angel: 4w3d :angel:
19w4d :angel: :angel: :angel: Triplets lost to IC 1/7/11: Cadyn (with us for for 20 minutes), Adalyn & Mikayla (born sleeping)

:hb: Our little miracle Mason arrived on February 22, 2012! :hb:

Expecting TWINS June 2014 after just one round of treatments! :shock:

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:35 pm

I dunno, that's a tough one. My two are only 19 months old and I dread using my double because it's so big and bulky. How is your DS? Will he stay close or "help" you push a double? The idea of a triple stroller makes me cringe. You could always get a double snap & go for the babies and have a single umbrella for DS if you have a second set of hands, or have DS walk if you trust him to stay close by. I have 19 month olds, and one of them will hold my hand while she walks but the other won't, so I carry one and let the other walk when I don't feel like messing with a stroller.

Once your twins are older, they do make double umbrellas which are much more compact. I've never really researched triples.

I was going to suggest having a toddler/newborn compatible stroller and wearing one of the babies, but honestly it's so convenient when they're younger to be able to pop their infant seats out of the car and into the stroller.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:45 pm

I went from 2 to 4 kids. My older ones were 3 and 5 when the babies came. I did a ton of research and did 2 things. First we had a Graco tandem double for my older ones already. So when I can go some place where the older ones are safe to walk I bring that one along as I can just snap their car seats in and out. I use thus one around town mostly. I also got another stroller that is a double that offers attachments to hold up to 4 kids. It's actually perfect for your set of 3. It's called the valco trimode twin stroller. They offer a jump seat that sort of sits above and in front of the babies....itd be perfect for your older one. They also have a kick board type of thing that can be attached to the back for even another child to sit on. Here's a link so you can see it. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 9247,d.eW0

Some things I've figured out by using it ..... When the babies are in it they are still small engh even at 6 months old that the 2 older ones can just sit on the front part and ride no problem. In fact we did Disney for a whole day this way with no problems. I haven't had a need to buy the jump seat yet due to this. But with an 18 month old you probably want he or she strapped in so you probably want to go the jump seat route. Also, the stroller is a dream to push. Even with all 4 kids I can still push with just 1 hand. It also has the ability to fix the wheels so that you can take it jogging, not that I've done that yet! Oh and the tires go through anything, works really well at the beach. One downside is that the under storage is a little tough to get in and out of but it's not terrible. Oh and it's a bit bulky but again not too bad for a double.

So typically I have my tandem for around town and use the valco for the beach, theme parks, walking around the neighborhood, going to the older kids sporting events etc.

And here's the best part! They are super pricey brand new but if you are patient and keep checking Craigslist you can find them much cheaper. Mine was $250' as opposed to something like 6 or700 or something crazy like that.

Sorry for the book! But I really cannot say enough about the veersitlity of this stroller for a large growing family.
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby staceyp06 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:38 pm

I have 8month old twins, a 3yo and 5yo. I wear one twin in an Ergo or a Beco while pushing the other twin and the 3 yo in a Joovy Caboose. Sometimes my 5yo hops on the back with the 3yo. I looked at the Big Caboose but it was just way to big. I bought the Joovy Twinroo but only used it a few times. Taking all of the kids out by myself is really not hard, I do it almost everyday :D
Stacey, mommy to Gabriel, Juliana and 2 angel babies.
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
ImageImage
staceyp06
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby projecttriplets » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:58 am

Run-About Stroller - it is a wonderful machine that allowed us to frequent the city and forests alike from 1 1/2 until now (3 years). As one of the commentators remarked to us, these are the best wheels in town!
http://www.bergdesign.net/triple.htm

Juozas
http://projecttriplets.wordpress.com/
projecttriplets
Friend

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:54 am

Can anyone reccomend an infant Twin stroller. All the ones I have seen just look so bare and chinsy. I dont care the price I want a great quality stroller for my little ones. Its been almost 10 years since my last one and man has everything changed lol. I just want a stroller where the careat goes in or what not. all the double strollers i see are for toddlers and that is not what i need now... Thank you in advance.
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

Started fertility treatment December 2013.
1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)
U/S confirms TWINS (30dpo)

Twins Girls!!!! Tyra Nicole & Tenley Hayden

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby buggie » Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 am

NavyChief'sWife13 wrote:Can anyone reccomend an infant Twin stroller. All the ones I have seen just look so bare and chinsy. I dont care the price I want a great quality stroller for my little ones. Its been almost 10 years since my last one and man has everything changed lol. I just want a stroller where the careat goes in or what not. all the double strollers i see are for toddlers and that is not what i need now... Thank you in advance.

We used the Chicco Cortina Together and had Chicco Keyfit 30 carseats that popped right onto it. After they are done with infant carriers, they can sit in the stroller seats. It is a pain to push compared to a singleton stroller, but no worse than any other double I've tried. I love it and wasn't about to buy one of those stroller frames for the car seats, then buy a full on double after they outgrew the seats so this was a good way to buy one stroller and have it last all of strollerhood.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Fri May 30, 2014 10:18 am

buggie wrote:
NavyChief'sWife13 wrote:Can anyone reccomend an infant Twin stroller. All the ones I have seen just look so bare and chinsy. I dont care the price I want a great quality stroller for my little ones. Its been almost 10 years since my last one and man has everything changed lol. I just want a stroller where the careat goes in or what not. all the double strollers i see are for toddlers and that is not what i need now... Thank you in advance.

We used the Chicco Cortina Together and had Chicco Keyfit 30 carseats that popped right onto it. After they are done with infant carriers, they can sit in the stroller seats. It is a pain to push compared to a singleton stroller, but no worse than any other double I've tried. I love it and wasn't about to buy one of those stroller frames for the car seats, then buy a full on double after they outgrew the seats so this was a good way to buy one stroller and have it last all of strollerhood.

This is what I thought I wanted when I was pregnant, so I got the Graco tandem stroller that went with our Graco SnugRide infant seats. It was super convenient when they were in their infant seats but when they were older, I bought a cheap umbrella stroller that was much less bulky and I still use that one so much more. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the Snap n Go for the the time they're in infant seats, and then invest in a nicer umbrella style stroller with storage (mine has none).
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Thank you ladies. I have been lookin into the Graco Ready To Grow Stand & Ride Duo Travel System. It seems to be my favorite at the time. Doubles is just so much harder to find lol.... sheesh ;)
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby shellsbellsxx » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:14 am

i went looking today with the intention of loving the one i saw online - the mountain duet, using the carrycots that are sold separately, as it's a side by side which si what i want. Well the carry cots were so narrow they wouldn't last 5 minutes even with tiny twins - total cost was £760 too.

Found the 'out n about' v3 double in store but they don't sell the carrycots and didn't think they converted. However i have found they do sell them online and a converter kit and i can get it all for £615 :)

So i think this is what i am going with - oh and my mum has said she is paying too which is even better :) x

http://www.outnabout.com/ <<< thats the site if you wanted to take a look :)
LTTTC #1 for 13 years
(16.10.12) Diagnosis - 'Unexplained Infertility'
:doh:
23rd Sep '13 - BFP - Became an angel October 1st
26th May 2014 - BFP - Please be a sticky bean!!!
7th July 2014 - ultrasound #1 @ approx 9+1 - TWINS! 2 beating hearts :hb: 9+3 :hb: 8+6

14 Jan '15 - My Babies were born...Samuel Stuart 6lb 5oz & Oliver Michael 5lb 2oz

shellsbellsxx
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sugarplum1922 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:18 pm

So glad we have this thread! I have also been on the search for double strollers, but my dilemma is that I also have a 3 year old son, and he is just not ready to be completely out the his stroller yet. I mean, there are times when I may run into the store real quick and keep him free, but that is RARE. I usually put him in our cheap umbrella stroller, and sometimes still use our jogging stroller for him, or our Graco regular sized stroller-especially in places like Disneyworld. I am not sure how I will manage this with twins now.

BUT, I think I am starting to come up with an idea. I will keep the small single umbrella stroller for my son, and also get the snap and go frame for when the twins are little bitty. Eventually, I will get a side by side double jogging stroller that I can use as my everyday go-to stroller, and I have also see a double joovy brand stroller that seats two children, and has the extra toddler seat/stand at the back--I think that one will be nice for trips to Disney maybe.

I figure, I can push my son in the umbrella, and my husband can push the twins. If we feel like using the double jogging, we can put two kids in, and hold one baby with a carrier---I think I can do it!!!!

Question----do the baby trend snap and go strollers hold most car seats???
Me (Livi)- 26, DH-29. DS- 12-21-2010 9lbs 6 oz!

TTC for over 2 year with PCOS!!
Due Christmas Day 2010!!!!
Heartbeat 11wks 1 day--175!!

TTC baby 2 for 12+ months, clomid, metformin, pressed.
BFP Mother's Day 2014!!
TWINS!!!! It's a BOY and a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
sugarplum1922
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby funobulaks » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Shells - that looks like a nice stroller. I had looked at the Mountain Duet too, because of the carrycots/bassinets. However you can't get them in the US with double carrycots.

We ended up deciding on the Joovy Twin Roo frame and getting the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seats. Why? Because I liked that I can see both babies at the same time, because seats are sideways. The seats click in without the use of straps to secure seats (unlike the Baby Trend Snap'n'Go). Since seats are sideways, the stroller is shorter and easier to navigate once it is full of babies. Bad thing about it, is that storage basket is not nearly as accessible and not that many car seat fit the stroller frame. We had actually bought the Graco Snugride Click Connect car seats, only to realize that only Graco's Classic Connect car seats fit the Joovy. So back they went and we ended up with the Chiccos instead.

http://www.joovy.com/images/ProductBroc ... eStyle.jpg

Once they grow out of those we will get a side-by-side, likely Baby Jogger City Mini Double

Sugar - the Snap'n'Go does fit most car seats, some more securely than others. They are attached to the frame with straps going across the lap of the kids/seats.
Me (Henriette)- 34, DH - 34
Married in Denmark May 2005
TTC since April 2012, 3 failed medicated IUIs......
....then finally a BFP after IUI #4 w/Menopur
Beta #1 =19, Beta #2 = 200,
It's TWINS!!
It is a boy AND a girl!!

Blog: http://www.elusivejewell.blogspot.com

funobulaks
Angel
Angel

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:07 am

Soooo we ended up with the Peg Perego Duette Stroller.... It is amazing!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE8r6SHQkAo
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Next

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More