Staggered twin wake time activities

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Staggered twin wake time activities

Postby Menehune » Fri May 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi MOMs! I'm nursing 2 month old twins and am struggling with wake time activities. I have to stagger them (vs feeding concurrently) mostly because I have carpal tunnel syndrome and can't manage tandem feeding solo. What usually happens is that I end up sitting the first twin in a swing or on tummy time and they sleep instead of having a good wake time. Then, that twin doesn't sleep well at night. I think it will be easier when they have more neck strength and longer wake times.

Anyone have any tips for wake time activities?

Sleepless MOM,
M
Nearly 5 years TTC#1
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 11x5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
B/G twins arrived at 34w+3d, spent 13 & 21 d in NICU
Menehune

Re: Staggered twin wake time activities

Postby buggie » Sat May 31, 2014 10:17 am

At 2 months, they probably are just going to sleep whenever they want no matter what you do to entice them to stay awake. Mine would sit in a bouncy seat in front of me while I fed the other. They could see me which made them happy, and there were a few toys hanging from the bar that they could bat at. I bounced them with my foot if they got upset.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More