Two heart beats at 9 week scan... when can I stop worrying!!

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Two heart beats at 9 week scan... when can I stop worrying!!

Postby momma34 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:57 am

I keep trying to not worry about losing one or both, and focus on being happy and realizing that what will happen will happen.. but I would be lying if I didn't admit to obsessively googling about risk of vanishing twin syndrome and miscarriage. I just had my MFM appointment today and she did a quick US to look at the babies. They both look to be about the same size and the sacs appear to be the same as well. Both can see the primitive placenta and both had heart beats. She didn't tell me exact measurements or how fast the heart beats were going, but she said they looked great. I know you can never say never, but can i be pretty confident that they are both healthy at this point?
Me: 34
DH: 32
DS: Born 12/31/2012 after 14 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid!
BFP 4/29/2014!!!! After 4 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid! (Temped for the first time month 3, found out I had LP of 9days, so since clomid worked for me back in 2012, tried it again this last month 4/2014!)

12/27/2014 WELCOME THEA ADELE and ROMAN COLE!!!! 7lbs 20 in and 6lbs 7oz 20 in respectively!!!

It's a BOY and a GIRL!!!!!
momma34
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Two heart beats at 9 week scan... when can I stop worryi

Postby tdarrow » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:38 am

Hi, I'm not a multiples momma but I just wanted to chime in and say I'm so happy for you that your appt. went good. seeing their heartbeats I know helps to put your mind at ease. But no matter how many you are carrying the worrying is always still there to some degree it seems. Saying prayers for you and your lil ones that things continue to progress and that your preganncy is happy and healthy and of course for those sweeties to grow and thrive. God Bless!!
ME: DOB 8-1-77 DH: DOB 3-7-79
DS#1: DOB 11-10-04 BF'd for 7months
DS#2: DOB 12-26-12 BF'd for a lil over 13 months :-)
DS#3: DOB 5-31-16 currently on our Bf'ding journey
tdarrow
Angel
Angel

Postby buggie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Honestly, I didn't stop worrying until mine came home from the NICU! At that point, I had take home babies and started worrying about other stuff (getting them to eat mainly!). It's neverending!!

But with two heart beats you are past a bunch of the risky times already. Congratulations!!!
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Oh girl we never stop worrying lol We just find a new worry to tackle all the time. I am now 13 weeks 1 day with my Twins and I still worry. The good thing with twins is they monitor you so closely. I was going to the doc like every 2 weeks and i have sooo many U/S pics and videos. Once you see the heartbeat a lot of anxiety should have left cause that is a huge step. Just make sure you ask lots of questions during the scans so you can understand everything and you dont feel rushed. You might now see everything but at least they usually take the time to try to point stuff out and ease your mind. Congrats on your multiples btw!!! When we got the news we were sooo happy. We kind of had a feeling. ;) If you ever need to chat feel free to hit me up. My husband deployed a few weeks ago so I have to go through most of this solo. He might even miss the birth. We shall see. Thats the life tho. Stay positive is the best advice I can give :)
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

Started fertility treatment December 2013.
1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)
U/S confirms TWINS (30dpo)

Twins Girls!!!! Tyra Nicole & Tenley Hayden

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby funobulaks » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm 20 weeks with twins, and I must say that the worry of VTS was quickly replaced with other worries. But you can just never predict what is going to happen and staying positive and happy about your wonderful little miracles will help you tons. At some point, probably around the time I had a big bleeding scare at 8 weeks, I realized that I am not in control here and no amount of googling was going to change that. But I would be lying, if I said I stopped worrying. But trust your MFM, if she says they look great, they look great, since they are not in the business of sugar-coating things!!
Congratulations with your miracles.
Me (Henriette)- 34, DH - 34
Married in Denmark May 2005
TTC since April 2012, 3 failed medicated IUIs......
....then finally a BFP after IUI #4 w/Menopur
Beta #1 =19, Beta #2 = 200,
It's TWINS!!
It is a boy AND a girl!!

Blog: http://www.elusivejewell.blogspot.com

funobulaks
Angel
Angel

Postby momma34 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:16 am

Thanks ladies! That all makes sense:) - I guess there is always something to add on to the worry list! I am going to try to just stay positive and stay away from google:)

Navychief's Wife, So sorry you are having to go through this while your husband is deployed! I know that must make things so much harder, but we are all definitely here for you:). How are you feeling? You are a few weeks ahead of me - are you over the morning sickness and tiredness yet? I think I am just turning the corner, thank gosh!

Congrats to you ladies as well:) Here's to staying positive:):)!!
DS: Born 12/31/2012 after 14 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid!
BFP 4/29/2014!!!! After 4 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid! (Temped for the first time month 3, found out I had LP of 9days, so since clomid worked for me back in 2012, tried it again this last month 4/2014!)

12/27/2014 WELCOME THEA ADELE and ROMAN COLE!!!! 7lbs 20 in and 6lbs 7oz 20 in respectively!!!

momma34
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:11 am

aww thank you I appreciate it.I never really had morning sickness or anything like that. I had very hyperstimulated cysts that ruptured so i was on bed rest for 6 weeks but was pretty much ok after that. I just have back and neck pain now. I started a Twins board called 2014 Pregnant w/twins you should join it :) Trying to get all the twin mommas in there to talk bout all our amazing stuff going on lol. How you feeling lately? A little more at ease I hope. :)
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

Started fertility treatment December 2013.
1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)
U/S confirms TWINS (30dpo)

Twins Girls!!!! Tyra Nicole & Tenley Hayden

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby babydust2me » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:17 am

I was so paranoid for most of the pregnancy that I'd show up at my next u/s and one or both of the babies would be gone - even when I regularly felt them moving.

Just an FYI, I did actually have a vanishing triplet early on. We had our first scan at 6w4d and we saw 3 sacs with 3 heartbeats but the 3rd baby was much smaller and the heart rate was much slower. We knew from the beginning the 3rd baby might not make it and we found out 2 weeks later that was the case. The fact that you've seen both of yours with both hearts beating and they're both similar in size is a good sign. Congrats on your pregnancy!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momma34 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:42 am

I will try to find that board!

I am feeling a little better, not quite so worried. I will feel a ton better I think after my 11 week scan this coming Thursday. It is also the nuchal screen, so I hope that goes ok. After that I am hopeful I can feel better and not worry so much!

Hope you ladies are having a fabulous Friday:) Happy Weekend!

momma34
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More