**2014 Pregnant W/Twins **

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

**2014 Pregnant W/Twins **

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:34 am

So I haven't found many threads that are current Pregnant Twin Moms so I thought I would try to start a new one. I am currently 13 Weeks and 2 days with my bundles of joy. Waiting just a few more weeks to try to find out Gender. Looks like will be around 4th of July time :) Trying to do research on twin strollers and all kinds of ideas for baby showers and Twin Nursery ideas :) we wont be doing all out nurseries till we move in march of 2015 tho. We are a military family and my husband gets new orders soon so we will probably be moving across the country with newborn babies but thats the life :) He is also recently redeployed so he might not make it back for the birth. Lots of stress going on over here but trying to make due. Would love to chat with some ladies on what you guys going through. Right now I have gained bout 8 lbs and lookin pretty pregnant lol. Can't complein tho. Having weird spasms in my legs and im jsut exhausted all the time lol. Trying to eat as healthy as possible :) I am 29 and DH is 34. We have a 9 year old son almost 10 that helps me out sooo much while daddy is gone. Well thats my story.. :)
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

Started fertility treatment December 2013.
1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)
U/S confirms TWINS (30dpo)

Twins Girls!!!! Tyra Nicole & Tenley Hayden

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Re: **2014 Pregnant W/Twins **

Postby funobulaks » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36 am

Great idea!! As I have been looking through some of the Due Date Forums, i have been seeing a few of us twin-moms-to-be, so let's try and get a little group going!!

Great meeting you Navy. Sorry that your hubby is not with you right now, but what a joy to have your son to help you out. Is he excited about the coming additions to you family? Where are you guys at? If hubby is in the navy, you are probably living in a wonderful place close to the ocean somewhere... Ahh, I miss the ocean!

My name is Henriette and I am 34 years old, DH 34 as well. Our miracle twins were conceived with the help of 4 rounds of fertility treatments after trying on our own for almost 2 years. I am originally from Denmark but hubby and I lived in California since we got married in 2005 and until late 2013. We then moved to San Antonio, Texas because of hubby's job. So far I like it here, but miss California, friends and family a lot. I worry about being pregnant in the heat of summer in Texas.

I am currently 20+4 weeks with boy/girl twins and my weight gain of 22 lbs on a 5ft 3in frame already has me looking ridiculously pregnant. Some days I love my giant belly (today is one of those days) and other days I wonder if I will be able to do this (yesterday when I overdid it, my back and belly was killing me, had tons of Braxton hicks). I am fortunate to not have have to work while pregnant, but chose to volunteer for a local nature center twice a week - they have wonderful a/c, unlike our crappy old rental.

This pregnancy has been pretty kind to me thus far, no nausea to speak of, just lots of tiredness, which I think is to be expected for someone growing two little miracle humans. I got my first real kick around week 19, but had been feeling movement a little bit before that. I would describe my babies movement as a rolling feeling. I feel the girl more than the boy, because she is higher up and pretty much right next to my belly button. And she is often sticking out body parts, so I can feel lumps and bumps on my belly. Totally surreal!! Hubby also got luck and felt baby girl at 19 weeks.

Anyway, I think that is enough ramblings for today. Hope to get a good group going here.
Me (Henriette)- 34, DH - 34
Married in Denmark May 2005
TTC since April 2012, 3 failed medicated IUIs......
....then finally a BFP after IUI #4 w/Menopur
Beta #1 =19, Beta #2 = 200,
It's TWINS!!
It is a boy AND a girl!!

Blog: http://www.elusivejewell.blogspot.com

funobulaks
Angel
Angel

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:51 am

Aww yay!!!! Yes we currently live in San Diego California. I was born and raised here but my husband is from North Carolina. I got lucky with a southern style boy :) his navy career brought him to San Diego where we met very shortly after his move. We me and been inseparable ever since. Well wxcept for 2 deployments now. Lol. We also had infertility help. I had some scaring from my previous pregnancy so we needed help this time around. Only took 4 months of injection meds and 1 IUI for our twins to become a reality :) we honestly weren't that shocked haha :) sometimes you just know ;)

My pregnancy has been somewhat easy. No nausea, not a lot of weight gain but you can sure see the baby belly. I am 13w +3 now and gained 8 lbs since finding out pregnant. But I did gain bout 7 lbs prior to that from all the progesterone pills and injections I was on. All very worth it. I am in a 5ft 6in scale so the weight wasn't too noticeable lol kinda miss my smaller body at times but wouldn't change it for the world know my babies will be here in a short couple months xoxo. I did have to go on disability the first 7 weeks. I developed 2 very large cysts one on either side and 1 ruptured a couple days after IUI. So we found out very early in about pregnancy since I was in hospital and seeing dr every week pretty much. :) all that subsided and cysts are finally gradually reducing in size. I am back at work but doesn't look like I will be there long. I been getting extreme leg spasms and my exhaustion is extreme. I was doing the stairs while working on 7th floor trying to get a work out in when I could but that was put to a quick stop by my doc when I started having pelvic pain. It was a very weird pressure feel.

My husband will be getting new orders soon so we will be possible moving with very young babies but we are looking at possibly getting Virginia. To be a little closer to his family for a change. My family had been blessed with us here and now I believe it's his turn to be near that side again. I love it out there anyways. It will be hard to leave my friends and family and well the weather but I will not miss the crowds and the over priced everything. We just sold our San Diego home recently and the price we spent on that 3 bedroom we could have got a 5 bedroom mansion in Virginia lol which is what we now have to look at pretty much haha. But at least they are decently priced there and yes there are beaches close too lol.

I hope we get some more ladies to add. I know of 1 other at this point. Maybe I will let her know I created it. :) nice to meet you :) yay!!
Attachments
image.jpg
13 weeks
image.jpg (50.71 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
image.jpg
This was 12 weeks
image.jpg (44.48 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby funobulaks » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:45 am

Yikes cysts! So glad they went away. That must have been terrifying! My scary moment thus far was a bleeding episode at 8 weeks. I got up one morning and blood was just pouring out. Part of me assumed that we had lost one or both babies, but another part of me just acted all calm and collected. I was so relieved to them both wiggling around that day. As if nothing had happened. Spotting contained for a while but that was it.

I absolutely love San Diego, wouldn't mind spending the rest of my days there. I have never been to Virginia, but I bet Hubby's family would be excited to have you guys nearby. And I bet the cost of raising a family is much more affordable there. I would totally get a 5 bedroom mansion if I were you. Housing in CA is just crazy. We bought a dump of a house in Napa on 3/4 acre in 2012. We bought it for the location and acreage (not many places like that walking distance from downtown). We then proceeded to remodel it, mostly on our own. Since then the estimated value of the house is double that of the sales price. Crazy!!

You look great at 13 weeks. Your bump is so cute and round. I will probably take a picture to share tomorrow, as I will need to update my blog and the grandparents on progress after my high-risk appointment tomorrow. So excited to our miracles again!
It's TWINS!!
It is a boy AND a girl!!

funobulaks
Angel
Angel

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:51 am

Wow that must have been super scary. I didnt have anything like that. Even when my cysts ruptured. Just extreme pain. Good look tomorrow. I just got a very good phone call. We did the Counsyl test just to test for genetic stuff and I came back a carrier for Smith Lemli Opitz syndrom which is very rare but super scary and not good at all. So we had to have my husband tested. That was the longest week and a half ever. But everything came back negative so we should be in the clear. Wheeewww. good luck at your appt :) and lets keep these healthy babies growin!!!
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby funobulaks » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Love it when tests comes back normal!! Scary waiting for them though!! Our appointment today went really well. Everything looks perfect (well except for baby boy's hydronephrosis, slightly enlarged kidneys, that Dr is not worried about). Both of the babies are measuring 2-3 weeks ahead in terms of arm length, so they might end up with hubby's monkey arms. Hehe! They each weigh 1 lb and were adorable squirming around, giving the sonographer a hard time. When it came down to measuring my cervix, baby A had his head down right next to cervix and his tiny little hand kept pointing, as if saying: "this is my Mommy's cervix".

Here is my belly at 21 weeks
IMG_20140610_184444.jpg
(63.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
It's TWINS!!
It is a boy AND a girl!!

funobulaks
Angel
Angel

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Awww soo cute!!! I just got asked to be in my friends wedding and I will be 31 weeks at that time. I am so honored I just hope it's possible lol. I warned her I might go into labor during ceremony lol. I just really want it to be possible. I know she felt guilty asking me knowing my situation lol but I couldn't say no. Love that couple.
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby momma34 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:53 am

Hi NavyChief's wife! Nice to meet you funobulaks!! I am glad you started this board - I also felt kind of bummed there wasn't a current pregnant with twins board.

I am so glad that you both are doing well and got past those two scary ordeals - bleeding and ruptured cysts, oh my gosh:(:(:(!! Thankfully you guys are on the other side of it!!

A little about myself - I am 34, my DH is 32. We are living here in NC so NavyChief we will be here on the East Coast too:)... cost of living definitely better than SanDiego... so that is a consolation to having to leave such a pretty place! I have a 17month old son, so there are many times that I am starting to freak out about having three young ones!! Wish he would be old enough to change diapers when the little ones come:). I had to take clomid with both pregnancies, but even though I was pretty shocked when my US this time showed 2, I also sort of expected it with how TIRED i was and the fact that I was actually feeling bad this time around (did not feel bad AT all with my first pregnancy). I am still so dang tired, but i am feeling better so I am happy about that.

My due date is 1/8/15, am just 10 weeks. I am 5'11", and have gained about 10lbs thus far, have a little belly I think... can't wait for it to look more like a baby bump and less like a burrito belly;):).

I am trying desperately not to think too much about labor and delivery. I had a natural delivery with my first son and am sad to think that it is probably out of the question. I know the risk of C section is so high that even if you can try vaginally I think you have to have an epidural. I know I am way ahead of the horse! Sometimes I get a little crazy;). But in the end I just want healthy babies, and that really is all that matters so I am trying not to get too obsessive about thinking about that stuff.

I am getting the nuchal scan and the blood tests to look for anomalies, that is next Thursday. I pray everything is ok!

Anyways, that is a bit long winded. Hope you both are having a happy Friday! And you both are SUPER cute with your baby bumps:):):) Here is my bump at 10 weeks:)
Attachments
10weeks.JPG
10weeks.JPG (23.48 KiB) Viewed 4446 times
Me: 34
DH: 32
DS: Born 12/31/2012 after 14 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid!
BFP 4/29/2014!!!! After 4 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid! (Temped for the first time month 3, found out I had LP of 9days, so since clomid worked for me back in 2012, tried it again this last month 4/2014!)

12/27/2014 WELCOME THEA ADELE and ROMAN COLE!!!! 7lbs 20 in and 6lbs 7oz 20 in respectively!!!

It's a BOY and a GIRL!!!!!
momma34
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:01 pm

Aww welcome Momma34. Thats bout what my belly looked like at 10 weeks too i think. I think I have finally hit the 10 lbs gained mark as of this morning lol. but if differs. Tomorrow I will wake up and i will have still gained only 8 or something. Trying not to stress bout weight yet haha. Good luck on your NT scan and blood tests. We did all those and I was freaking about the results so just try to remain calm lol....I love North Carolina!!!!!! My husband is from there so my in laws are there. That is why we headed to Virginia if we get the chance. To be close to them :) I love it there sooo much. Finally got to see summer there this year. We usually just visit for christmas but my husbands father passed away last month so i actually had to get him back from deployment so we can go to the funeral and visit. He has now redeployed as of now tho. Congrats again and if you know of any more Twin mommies send em over :) Such a precious club :)
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby funobulaks » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Welcome Momma34 and congratulations on twins!!! I think it is going to be quite the ride for all of us. You look great, love your bump! By 10 weeks I was already in maternity jeans because I was so bloated and constipated because of really high progesterone levels. I hope you get some relief from the tiredness. I can't even imagine trying to keep up with a 17 months kid, when all you want to do is have a nap...

Yesterday I went to a MOM meeting (Mothers of Multiples) and it was great to connect with others in the same situation and mothers who have already had twins or more. I only stayed for about an hour ( I had been out running errands all the day and my feet were S0O swollen) but got to meet some wonderful mothers and mothers-to-be. I highly recommend it. One of the mothers brought her 1 year old twins that were born at 25 weeks and they were just so adorable, meeting all the developmental marks. It was nice to see that even when unplanned things happen, they can still have a good outcome. For me, premature labor is my biggest concern. We also talked about birth experiences and everyone pretty much said, that you can have a birth plan, but that the twins will decide how and when they make an entrance. A lot of the ladies there did end up with c-sections and I think the best advice that they gave was just going into birth with expectations that anything can happen. You do not want to be grief struken about the experience when you have two wonderful miracles on your hand. Anyway, what will be, will be!

Good luck with the appointment on Thursday.
Navy, when is your next appointment? Where is the wedding? Hopefully you won't be 31 weeks pregnant standing in the sun for hours. Remember to take care of yourself and the babies first.
It's TWINS!!
It is a boy AND a girl!!

funobulaks
Angel
Angel

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:39 pm

My next appt is June 26th. The wedding is on a golf course and by October it's usually cooled down a bit here I'm San Diego. I will totally use my best judgement. :)
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby momma34 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:26 am

Thanks for the advice funo!! That is totally how I am trying to approach the whole delivery thing... what will be will be and what matters is healthy bouncing babes:). How neat that you were able to find a MOM group - I might google that to see if there are any near me. Man, I had horrible swelling in my feet with my first pregnancy, I have a feeling that is gonna be a big issue for me with twins!! I probably should invest in some compression socks, :).

Navy, yay for the NC connection:) - I do love it here too:). Good luck on your next appointment June 26! I am trying hard not to count down the hours for mine tomorrow! I am trying to stay positive, I know the odds are in my favor:). My mom and my husband are going to be able to be there for the US so I am pretty excited about that! I think if everything goes well that is when I will start telling everyone (I have already told my family and close friends).

I found another twin momma! She said she would look for this board, so hopefully she can find us! I gave her the name....

How are you ladies feeling this week? I hope all is going well!
DS: Born 12/31/2012 after 14 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid!
BFP 4/29/2014!!!! After 4 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid! (Temped for the first time month 3, found out I had LP of 9days, so since clomid worked for me back in 2012, tried it again this last month 4/2014!)

12/27/2014 WELCOME THEA ADELE and ROMAN COLE!!!! 7lbs 20 in and 6lbs 7oz 20 in respectively!!!

momma34
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:13 am

Awww yay. Good luck at your appt. I'm sure all is just great :) and yay send those twin mommas here. Can't wait to see the group grow!! I feel great. Just getting bigger lol. Everyone at work just keeps saying dang your belly popped haha. Just keep making sure to use lots of tummy lotion to keep those stretch marks away lol. My back is still achy but I have a prenatal massage appt this Saturday yay!!!! Can't wait lol. How is everyone else doin?
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Postby momma34 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:40 pm

Mmm, massage sounds awesome!!! I should get one! Things are good:) - the appointment went great!!! The babies looked lovely and the nuchal screen was normal!! Yay:) - blood work to come back late next week or early the week after. But I am sure that everything is fine. Just so happy to see them both moving around, good heart rates and about the same size!!!!!

I am working both days this weekend, so that is a bummer, but I am thinking I might leave work early now so I can get a little R&R!! What do you ladies have planned for the weekend?

momma34
Star Member
Star Member

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Congrats on the great appt. :) thats always good to hear. As far as massage goes you will probably have to wait a few weeks. They usually wont take you till your 2nd trimester. But totally look into it. :) As for weekend just mailing some care packages for the hubby and chillin at home.And of course my massage appt. I got a friend coming over to have a Twilight movie marathon lol. Yes I am in that stage of pregnancy i want corny love stories haha. Well have a good night ladies :)
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Next

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More