oh this video made me chuckle lol

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

oh this video made me chuckle lol

Postby shellsbellsxx » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:20 am

this was on a facebook post i was reading and i was chuckling so much i just had to share.... what are we in for! lol

this is a time lapse video of a norwegian mum trying to put her twins to bed when it doesn't get dark until 10pm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WfKsxvIB4
LTTTC #1 for 13 years
(16.10.12) Diagnosis - 'Unexplained Infertility'
:doh:
23rd Sep '13 - BFP - Became an angel October 1st
26th May 2014 - BFP - Please be a sticky bean!!!
7th July 2014 - ultrasound #1 @ approx 9+1 - TWINS! 2 beating hearts :hb: 9+3 :hb: 8+6

14 Jan '15 - My Babies were born...Samuel Stuart 6lb 5oz & Oliver Michael 5lb 2oz

shellsbellsxx
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: oh this video made me chuckle lol

Postby buggie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 pm

My twins are 2.5 years and yep, I have been there. Thankfully they can't open their bedroom door so the monkey business at bedtime is contained to their room. But it definitely goes put one in bed, the other escapes, put him bed, the other escapes, put him back in bed, the other escapes. Until they get tired or I give up.
Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:20 am

I can only hope my girls don't climb out of their cribs anytime soon because I love having them contained! They already talk and play a lot when I close them in there. I dread the day we have to stop using cribs.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby buggie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:27 am

Cassidy it sucks!!!! Beckett climbed out and we had to switch to toddler beds. I HATE IT!!! Nap and bed time used to be so easy and now they just hop out and climb on the furniture and turn their air conditioner on and off and AHHH. I have to either sit in there and wait til they decide to sleep, or close the door and let them play til they drop. Keep those girls in cribs til they go to kindergarten!!! lol :D

I should add though, upside was that the first few weeks they would climb into bed together and go to sleep like that. That was super cute.

Robyn
IVF #1: Twins!
TWIN BOYS Emmett and Beckett arrived at 29w2d!
buggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:12 pm

That's adorable!

Right now the girls' cribs are both on the same wall and they have about a foot of space in between them. It's too far for them to climb into each other's cribs but close enough to where I've seen them try to give high fives or hold hands. And they can hand each other stuff. Naptime has turned into a nightmare already because they play so much they don't go to sleep unless I separate them. I've even tried putting one to bed first, then waiting for that one to fall asleep before I put the other to bed. That worked for about 10 minutes. Then Morgan decided she was bored and started yelling at Reagan till she woke up. I'm pretty sure nighttime would be the same way if it were still light out. I have a feeling mine will climb into bed with each other too.

I will say that the "conversations" I hear over the monitor are hilarious.
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More