ADVICE PLEASE *pic*

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

ADVICE PLEASE *pic*

Postby Em615 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Sorry in advance, long story: I had a mc in feb/March. (It lasted forever) I found out I was pregnant by 2nd us edd I am 8 weeks today. At the 1st US I had one gestational sac only with a visible yolk sac. At the 2nd us the tech focused on that sac. Yet to the end of it or side is another dark space that appears to be a smaller sac. Oddly he didn't really check it for anything. I didn't think anything of it. I was just so happy that I had a baby with a hb!

Yesterday I had DH send me a pic of the us pic to post in the due date club. It didn't dawn on me until today that this space is not normal. For me anyways, past three babies never had that. So when I got home I put the DVD of the us in the computer. There is an obvious grouping of the two. I'm no tech but it look like a rise in tissue that surrounds both spaces. As I watch the DVD I stayed zoomed on the other space. My husband, me, my sister, and her husband all see a flicker to the right of the sac up against the other sac. Almost as though the baby is hiding by the other sac. I'm not sure what to think. The ob said nothing about the space, I don't ask (just happy to see 1), and yet I have another us on 9/25. I will post the pic but it doesn't show much. I wish I could figure out how to post a video because in the video it shows the sac to the left closer to the size of the larger sac. This is nuts.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (183.47 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
Em615
Addicted
Addicted

Re: ADVICE PLEASE *pic*

Postby sugarplum1922 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Hello Em! I can see why you would be confused!!! I hope I can help--even if it's just a bit. When I got pregnant this time around my first ultrasound was at only 4 weeks--only one small blip of a sac showed. The tech didn't look for anything else. Then, at my 7 week ultrasound, the doctor zoomed in and showed us the little flicker of a heartbeat. Amazing. As she moved the wand over, I saw what looked like another sac---I couldn't tell though, she was going fast. So, my awesome husband (I'm shy, so of course I didn't say anything) asked her what the other thing was next to the baby. She hesitated, and told us to hold on for a moment. She then told us that it was another sac, with another heartbeat, and they both measured exactly the same. Twins. So crazy. I am still not used to the idea.

Anyway, long story short, if we didn't say something at that 7 week ultrasound, the doc wouldn't have even noticed it, and we probably wouldn't have even found out about the twins for at least another month, maybe more. I'm not sure if you have twins, and I'm not an expert, so I won't say that it looks like twins for sure. However, I can post some pics for you of my early ultrasounds--some that look quite similar to yours. As soon as possible, you need to notify the doc and let them know. Do you have any private ultrasound places in your area? Sometimes they offer early heartbeat scans around 7-8 weeks, and you can try that out and see if they will find twins---then show your doctor if they do. Good luck with everything!

I will post a picture as soon as possible--it may be tomorrow! :)
Me (Livi)- 26, DH-29. DS- 12-21-2010 9lbs 6 oz!

TTC for over 2 year with PCOS!!
Due Christmas Day 2010!!!!
Heartbeat 11wks 1 day--175!!

TTC baby 2 for 12+ months, clomid, metformin, pressed.
BFP Mother's Day 2014!!
TWINS!!!! It's a BOY and a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
sugarplum1922
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: ADVICE PLEASE *pic*

Postby NavyChief'sWife13 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi Em congrats on your Pregnancy whether it be a singleton or twinsies. I have attached my progression from when we first found out. In the 5 weeks U/S you can only see 1 yolk and 2 sacs but hard to see in the pic but my doc was already pretty convinced it was twins. That was then verified a week later. Not sure how far along you are in that pic but I guess you can compare in the mean time till your appt. just remember to take care of yourself as if it was either way :) no difference that early on. Congrats again and if you do end up with multiples please go ahead and join our 2014 pregnant w/twins board :) we are always accepting new comers :)
Attachments
image.jpg
2 sacs 1 yolk (twins) 5w 1d
image.jpg (35.56 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
image.jpg
6w 1d
image.jpg (43.34 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
image.jpg
Twins 7w 5d
image.jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Me-Bree (29)
DH (34)
DS (9)

Started fertility treatment December 2013.
1st round IUI 3/19/14
BFP 3/30/14
HCG 115 12dpo
HCG 483 15dpo
U/S shows 2 sacs (23dpo)
U/S confirms TWINS (30dpo)

Twins Girls!!!! Tyra Nicole & Tenley Hayden

NavyChief'sWife13
Angel
Angel

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More