Stupid and rather embarassing...

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Stupid and rather embarassing...

Postby Anne1981 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi ladies! This is embarassing to post because I know it is almost impossible and I'm proably being totally rediculous, but if you could bear with me a little, I am looking for some opinions from women who have been there, and hoped you might be able to help!
I'm 30w pregnant with my 4th (?) baby. DH has wondered since the very first if it might be twins. I have had suspicions myself, but can't say it's really a gut feeling since it's hard to tell suspicion from desire, if that makes sense. ;) Anyway, I tested postive about 8-9dpo, and my tests darkened pretty rapidly, but I never had betas done. I've measured a little big from the first but assumed it was just being my 5th pregnancy, things popped out fast. But by the time I hit 26w I was measuring a LOT bigger- 6-8cm. Right now at 30w I am measuring 38-40cm fundal height. I had one ultrasound done at 20w, and that was it. He is a good doctor, but we did have three small boys in the room with us so it was a bit chaotic (we had an ice storm and they had to reschedule my scan for right after the well child checkups-not exactly ideal, but oh well!). My MW has only ever seen one of the u/s pics, and that was a closeup of a face. Nobody has ever checked for twins, but they did determine that baby is breech and floating above my pelvis, which we assumed was why I was measuring so big. He has spent most of my pregnancy so far flipping between breech and transverse, though they aren't really concerned till I hit 32-36w if he is still not head down by then. Anyway, I keep feeling funny things-- for instance, the other day I could feel his hands up under my ribs, and that little thumb sucking motion they make sometimes. It was so cute! And then I started feeling hiccups on my cervix. Simultaneously. That was a weird feeling! I feel a head up in my ribs and pressure on the cervix at the same time, and yesterday I could feel hiccups in my right side. Obviously he had flipped transverse again, which was confirmed by feeling kicks and punches on both sides at the top, and a long, firmer curve at the bottom where a transverse back would be. Except as I was poking around I shoved down around the pubic bone and could feel a hard, head sized knob between my fingers as I rocked them back and forth. Okay, so I know that after a 20w ultrasound this is virtually impossible (though it has happened), but I cannot shake the idea there is a second baby in a head down position behind the baby who is flipping transverse and breech! I am soo embarassed to ask my midwife, even though I know that is silly, but I am also sooo curious! We don't have any more ultrasounds scheduled, and my next prenatal is in a week, so what I'm hoping is that I can post some of my ultrasound pictures here, and maybe you ladies could take a look and just tell me if you see anything at all that could possibly be a second sack or baby? I could then either try and get this idea out of my head, or take the picture to my MW next week and feel a little less stupid asking her!
I'm sorry this is so long, I've been hesitating to even post anything because I know most everyone's reaction will just be that I'm an overanxious mama and it couldn't even happen. I know that.... But I can't shake the feeling, so I'm putting off some of my embarassment and starting here! :oops:
Me (33) DH (33)
Teddy, b. Dec 2010
Image (Aug. 3/11 - 4w5d)
David, b. May 2012
Jacob, b. Oct 2013
Levi, b. March 2015
Image (1/22/16, 7 weeks)
Anne1981
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Stupid and rather embarassing...

Postby Anne1981 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 pm