9wks pregnant with twins and TERRIFIED

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Re: 9wks pregnant with twins and TERRIFIED

Postby momma34 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:26 pm

Congratulations 2newmoms and lmtc430!!! So exciting (and terrifying) to find out about the twins!! I was the same way - SO worried about everything, but I was most worried about delivery. My advice, DO NOT GOOGLE. It will only fuel your fears because usually what you find is worst case scenario. I think in reality most twin pregnancies (especially di/di) really truly are not that bad. (other than the physicality of carrying two instead of one). I had a very uneventful pregnancy, like shells no morning sickness, just TIRED in the first tri. after that my biggest symptoms were swelling and heart burn. But honestly, not that much different than mysingleton pregnancy. I carried them unhtil 38weeks and 2 days. I also worked full time until 36 weeks. I was lucky enough to deliver them both vaginally,a nd they are both healthy and beautiful!!! So rest assured, it is possible to have a healthy twin pregnancy! Not only is it possible,t hat is the most likely!!! So *try* to enjoy it!! I know that may sound crazy right now, but it really is such a beautiful blessing. And watching the two babies interact with each other, oh it is priceless!!!
Me: 34
DH: 32
DS: Born 12/31/2012 after 14 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid!
BFP 4/29/2014!!!! After 4 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid! (Temped for the first time month 3, found out I had LP of 9days, so since clomid worked for me back in 2012, tried it again this last month 4/2014!)

12/27/2014 WELCOME THEA ADELE and ROMAN COLE!!!! 7lbs 20 in and 6lbs 7oz 20 in respectively!!!

It's a BOY and a GIRL!!!!!
momma34
Star Member
Star Member

Postby 2newmoms » Mon May 25, 2015 2:20 pm

thanks so much!!! This gives me reassurance that not everything is a horror story!!! I hope I get some of your good luck! I'd love to be able to work up until 36 weeks and deliver vaginally! That would be a dream come true! Were they both head down?
2newmoms

Postby lmtc430 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:43 am

momma34 - it's nice to hear positive experiences for twin moms! My doctor told me to start making "what-if" plans for situations that could come up like preterm labor or having to go on bed rest. I know that things happen and anything is possible but I am going to hope the rest of this pregnancy going as well as the first 12 weeks. I am just shy of 13 weeks and so far, everything has been rather tame. No morning sickness, just feeling lousy the first couple of weeks and now so much energy but so much acid reflux! I've lost about 15 lbs but I know the little ones are ok (saw them last week and they were doing well!). Knowing my luck with things, I will go past my due date!
TTC for 3.5 years | Hypothyroid, high prolactin w/ polyp removal in Jan 15 | 3/30/15: unexpected BFP | 4/14/15: OMG It's TWINS! | 11/17/15 - Fiona & Oliver born at 37 weeks!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby momma34 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:50 pm

2newmoms: They both were head down at the very end - BUT baby B was breech from literally the anatomy scan to my last scan at 36 weeks. He was still breech at my 37 week appointment, so I was worried about what might happen. Before they started my induction they did a quick scan, and lo and behold he had flipped and was head down!!! So, it can happen that those babies can flip even very late!! So if you are interested in vaginal, no matter what your scans have showed, have them look before making any final decisions!!

lmtc430: I think as long as you understand that you can't predict things and that things are out of your hands, I would not go full bore into what if plans. I mean, that would be exhausting!!! I would jus thope for the best, and realize that things may change. But cross those bridges if you get there, and otherwise I firmly believe in the power of positive thoughts/energy:)!! I am glad you hav eno more morning sickness - i hear you on the reflux, I had it really bad in the second tri, but interestingly it got better by third tri!
Me: 34
DH: 32
DS: Born 12/31/2012 after 14 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid!
BFP 4/29/2014!!!! After 4 months trying to conceive, got BFP after 1 round clomid! (Temped for the first time month 3, found out I had LP of 9days, so since clomid worked for me back in 2012, tried it again this last month 4/2014!)

12/27/2014 WELCOME THEA ADELE and ROMAN COLE!!!! 7lbs 20 in and 6lbs 7oz 20 in respectively!!!

It's a BOY and a GIRL!!!!!
momma34
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Twinklebug » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Congrats on your twin pregnancy ! I have b/g fraternal twins and my twin pregnancy was fine with no complications. I delivered them by scheduled c section at 38w6d. I did throw up quite a bit throughout the pregnancy but have since been pregnant with a singleton and I was really sick with her too. So I think that's just me being pregnant! Lol my twins are now five and a half and I promise you it is an amazing, roller coaster ride if an experience. We are the lucky ones who get to experience it :D
Me: 30; DH: 33; TTC #1 23 months; May-June IVF #1 6/13/09 5 day ET, tranferred 2 blasts, 3 snowbabies on ice. Beta 10dp5dt: 239 Beta 12dp5dt: 568 Beta 16dp5dt: 3026 B/G Twins Born 2/14/10 Aug 2011 FET #1 8/24/11 Transferred 1 Day 6 Blast  9dp5dt Beta : 95 13dp5dt Beta: 816, Singleton!! HB 160
Due Date May 13
Twinklebug
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lmtc430 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:37 am

I just thought I would write an update to for anyone that may come back to this thread or anyone new that is reading.

I am almost 32 weeks pregnant with b/g twins. This pregnancy (KNOCK ON WOOD) has been very easy with no complications. I've had some annoying symptoms but nothing that has kept me from work or really impacted my quality of life. The worst thing I have experienced is carpal tunnel, which I've had for about 2 months now. Twins are doing well and growing as they should. I was losing weight until 20 weeks and then have steadily gained since. I lost 15 or so lbs, gained that all back with an additional 7 or so lbs. I am up a total of 22-24 lbs and technically just about 7-8 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight (not factoring in the weight loss). I haven't experienced any problems with swelling, no gestational diabetes, and no other major issues. Just in the last week or so has my body really started to notice it's pregnant! It's harder to do certain things (rolling over in bed is a chore), it's tough to get out of the car, and I have to pee every 5 minutes but otherwise things are going well.

My babies love to move and have never stayed in a consistent position. Because I am not tied to a vaginal delivery and we expect they won't be head down, we've already scheduled a c-section for the end of November. My doctor doesn't want me going past 38 weeks so that date is more of a fail safe as the twins could definitely come before then.

I've enjoyed this pregnancy and love feeling the babies move. I am of course anxious about what's to come and taking care of two newborns but I know all will work out.
TTC for 3.5 years | Hypothyroid, high prolactin w/ polyp removal in Jan 15 | 3/30/15: unexpected BFP | 4/14/15: OMG It's TWINS! | 11/17/15 - Fiona & Oliver born at 37 weeks!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby 2newmoms » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:12 pm

That's great to hear that you are doing so well!! My pregnancy hasn't gone as smoothly. I'm 33w and although I don't have GD, I've had a lot of other issues. Carpal tunnel, early onset PUPPPs, low laying placenta, marginal insertion of the umbilical cord, shortened funneling cervix and serious hip pain. I was in L&D at 29w where I got steroid shots and put on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I had about 2 good weeks during this pregnancy. So, looking back I would probably tell my 9wk pregnant self...it's not easy and it's going to be a hard pregnancy...but you can still deal with it and time goes back so quickly. I've tried to enjoy the little things and some days are better than others. Anyways - 3-5 weeks left...and this will most definitely be my last pregnancy!
2newmoms

Postby lmtc430 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:20 am

Pregnancy is such a mixed bag, especially with twins! While I haven't had medical complications, I've hit that uncomfortable stage officially. As you know, carpal tunnel really sucks and not being able to grip things or get your bra snapped together is really frustrating! Just in the last week, any activity is becoming difficult. The shortness of breath is ridiculous. It's amazing how fast things can change! I am ready to enjoy these last 6 weeks but at the same time, I don't look forward to how I'm going to feel during these 6 weeks. I hope the remaining weeks go by quickly for you!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby 2newmoms » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Thanks! Turned 34w today and the doctor said I probably won't go past 36w but I'm hoping to make it to 37w! It's definitely getting harder by the day! Good luck in your last 6 weeks!!
2newmoms

Postby lmtc430 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:47 am

Just from Monday to today, I am feeling it and I am ready to throw in the towel in a sense. I'm not necessarily ready for babies to be here but I'm ready to go on maternity leave and wait it out! Everyone says the last month or so is the worst. I totally get it now. Each day, like you said, gets harder.
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby 2newmoms » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Yup!!! Since the last time I replied, my platelet counts have dropped and I've gotten edema in my lower belly causing it to be full, tight and hang. Looks and feels terrible!! I'm 35w now with a c-section date of 11/5! I don't know how I'm going to make it another 2 weeks!! Everything hurts! Oh and to make matters worse, I have hemeroids and they are terrible! Icing on the cake! So yeah, hoping to make it to my section date but won't be devistated if I don't!! Hope you are well!! Do you have a scheduled date yet?
2newmoms

Postby lmtc430 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:12 am

My belly is a hot mess. High up it's firm and tight like a normal baby bump but all the fat and flub has gone south so the bottom just hangs there. It gets really irritated by clothes and super itchy. Maybe I can ask the doctor to just cut off the extra skin during my c-section?! :D I know how you are feeling. How in the hell am I going to make it to 11/23, which is my scheduled c-section date. Some days I feel good and others I can't take it. The sleep and insomnia is really bothering me. I've experienced my first hemorrhoid and it was really annoying at first but now it's not painful but knowing it's there and feeling it still isn't fun. I secretly hope these babies will decide to come on Halloween but knowing my luck, they'll wait until the end of November!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby 2newmoms » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:31 am

These are going to be the hardest 11 days ever!! I'm so itchy all over that I cant sleep, this nasal congestion is killing me, the lower belly swelling/ stretching is super painful, my back/hip pain causes me to roll over every 30min, I'm sick of having to pee every few hours, I have killer hemorrhoids and heartburn/acid reflux that just keep getting worse, no clothes fit me, and I'm now getting skin tags on my chest (bra line). WTF. I'm just so done! I'm pretty sure I'll get more rest when the babies get here! All I want to do is sleep and I'm wide awake every night, itching my skin off and wanting to ball my eyes out of frustration! I just want to hold my babies and get my body back, but then there's the whole c-section recovery which will be a bitch too! I hope these next few weeks fly by for you and you aren't having as many issues as I am. Carrying twins in the last few months is brutal!!
2newmoms

Postby lmtc430 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:07 pm

You just described a lot of what I am dealing with. Luckily, the symptoms seem to alternate. I have cried the last 2 nights trying to sleep because I just couldn't get comfortable enough. Friday night I was totally miserable. Today though, I actually felt pretty good. I am probably really naive but I am hoping that the c-section recovery is much easier than these last few weeks. I will deal with the pain and soreness if my carpal tunnel and everything else goes away!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby 2newmoms » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:18 pm

It's definitely a day-by-day thing! Today I feel terrible - yesterday wasn't so bad. The final weeks are definitely the worst. At least we know we will meet our little turkeys soon!! Are these your firsts?
2newmoms

PreviousNext

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More