One Nursery or Two?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Re: One Nursery or Two?

Postby lmtc430 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:00 pm

reapage - I hope these 4 weeks fly by for you! We just found out today we are having a boy and girl! We have finally planned to have a bassinet in our room for them to sleep (together) and we are setting up their cribs in one room. All my friends or acquaintances with twins tell me they have had their babies in the same bed/crib and plan to until there isn't enough room.
TTC for 3.5 years | Hypothyroid, high prolactin w/ polyp removal in Jan 15 | 3/30/15: unexpected BFP | 4/14/15: OMG It's TWINS! | 11/17/15 - Fiona & Oliver born at 37 weeks!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby reapage » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:08 am

Lmtc, sorry I have been MIA, we were on vacation! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! A boy and a girl!!!!! SO amazing. Best news!!!!! We decided to do one nursery, and we will have a bassinet in the room, and in the living room. We will have two cribs in the nursery but Im sure they will share one for a while. Man I cant wait!

So tomorrow is my NT scan.... I am nervous out of my mind. I have come across some really scary twin stories lately :( I am 12 weeks tomorrow. Almost out of the first tri. Please pray for a good NT!

Are you having a shower? I think we will do ours the second week of Oct. I will be almost 24 weeks. Is that too early? We want to have everything set up by 30 weeks. & We wanted it to be kind of a BBQ, so we are hoping to catch the tail end of good weather. I read with twins its best to do it early because you never know if you may go on bed rest or something, but is 24 weeks too early?

I still have morning sickness. Especially the last two days. Hoping that subsides in the next few weeks. The good news is my belly popped out this week! I look pregnant!
Me:23 PCOS DH:32 MFI
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

FIRST U/S @6W2D SHOWS TWINS!!!!
Baby A :hb: 128
Baby B :hb: 112
SECOND U/S @7W2D TWINS ARE PERFECT!
Baby A :hb: 166
Baby B :hb: 151

ITS A BOY AND A GIRL! :babyb: :babyg: :balloons:

reapage

Postby lmtc430 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:26 pm

How did your NT scan go? Try not to be too nervous. I google everything and read the worst things but everything has been great so far. Deep down, my mind tells me that everything will be fine so I try to stick with that feeling. Not always easy!

Things definitely get much better in the 2nd trimester but then you start experiencing new symptoms! I can say I have way more energy and almost feel normal. My biggest "complaints" these days are moodiness and groin soreness but definitely not bad at all. I was able to suck in my growing belly until almost 20 weeks but not these days! Now all I hear is "omg you look so pregnant!" Oh, don't I know it! Most of my clothes still fit but they are getting tighter and tighter....it's only going to be another month before I need to buy maternity jeans!

We definitely plan on having a shower - around September 26th - I will be just shy of 30 weeks. I know lots of twin parents that do early showers because twin pregnancies rarely go 40 weeks and there tends to be more complications like bedrest. I don't think 24 weeks is too early at all! I think it's good you are planning to be done by 30 weeks with things. That is my unofficial goal to have everything done and prepared by October 1st. But my nursery and all that kind of thing is going to be set up next month. I have had a very lucky and easy twin pregnancy thus far. I know that things can change but I am hoping to at least make it to 34 weeks worst case, 36-37 best case. I want to spend the last 2 months not doing much especially since my bump keeps growing and growing and growing!

Are you all planning to do the early testing to find out sexes? Do you have a feeling about what you are expecting? I knew it was a boy and a girl and I was even right about which baby I thought was which.
TTC for 3.5 years | Hypothyroid, high prolactin w/ polyp removal in Jan 15 | 3/30/15: unexpected BFP | 4/14/15: OMG It's TWINS! | 11/17/15 - Fiona & Oliver born at 37 weeks!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby reapage » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:51 am

We found out yesterday at the NT scan, its a boy and girl!!!!!! I always thought baby B was our girl and A was our boy, and I was 100% right! I knew it from the very first ultrasounds. We are on cloud 9. So so so happy. We were surprised they told us! But she was really confident.. we are the tech's favorite couple haha.

I cant believe you were able to hide it for so long! I look like I am five months pregnant already. I am only 5ft so there really isn't anywhere for the belly to go but out! I was way nervous for the scan, but it went perfectly. Obviously she told us the genders, and each baby had a nasal bone, and less than 2mm NT. So between that and my bloodwork, each baby has a 1 in 10,000 chance of having trisomy 16,18 or 21- which is the very lowest risk rating they give. We are thrilled about that. Both were measuring a day ahead, and moving around like crazy. We are still doing a gender scan on Aug 15 to confirm and to see the babies, and then I have a progression scan on Aug 25 and they will also measure my cervix. I will be 16 weeks. Its crazy because it goes by so fast, but also so slow. We are just so excited and ready. I hope my pregnancy goes as smoothly as yours has.

Can you believe you will have two babies this fall? How crazy! Its going to be amazing!
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

reapage

Postby lmtc430 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:05 am

Huge congrats! Can't believe they were able to tell so early! That's amazing that it's one of each and that you were right about which one!

The early months went sooooooooo slow but by week 16, it's gone by so fast! Especially since week 20. My tummy grows more and more and I look like I am 7-9 months pregnant of course I was already bigger to begin with. my only saving grace will be my height (5'10") so I am hoping there is enough room in there for them both.

We go again at 24 weeks for growth scan, actually we will be going every 4 weeks unless they tell me to come in more frequently (I hope not). I am not overly concerned by anything but I do worry my cervix stays in good shape. It was 4cm two weeks ago which is good so I am praying it stays that way. I don't want to go on bed rest at all!

I was working on my budget, which I do 6 months at a time and kept thinking January when the babies come and I don't know why I was thinking that and remembered they will probably be here in November! I can't believe any of this really. It's soooooooooooooooooooo crazy!

Are you all planning a special gender reveal?!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby reapage » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:43 am

Hey!

It was a shock that they were able to tell so early! We are going in on the 15th for a private confirmation scan. I cant wait! I really hope they aren't playing tricks on us! We had planned for a reveal, but since we found out early, we just went ahead and told everyone! We will save all the fun stuff for the shower!

I imagine that your height is going to be a great advantage! It will give them plenty of room. Space is a concern for me, being just shy of 5ft I am worried they will run out of room! I already look very pregnant. One day at a time, thats all we can do right? Your cervix sounds like its really holding up so far!!! 4cm is really good! We will be going ever four weeks as well, unless something comes up. It seems like 4 weeks between scans is forevvvverrrrr but I know that most pregnant ppl only get a scan or two their entire pregnancy! If We have a singleton after these babies at any point, it will be a HUGE adjustment.

Good for you working on a budget. I cant even think in those terms right now haah. I am trying to get my credit cards and student loans paid downs so that when I stop working, the entire world doesn't fall on DH. Its going to be stressful but our main concern right now is growing healthy babies.

Nov. is right around the corner!
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

reapage

Postby lmtc430 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:18 am

Oh tell me about the student loans and other bills! I still don't know how we will afford daycare. I can't even think about that yet. I am hoping to take 3 months off and I refuse to set anything up yet. Luckily, we live in an area with many, many options so I don't think arranging daycare when I'm not even 6 months pregnant is necessary. I hope I'm not wrong!

I do hear it's harder on shorter women with twins but our bodies are amazing and seem to adjust to all kinds of things. I definitely had a big belly really early but somewhere between the transition between 1st to 2nd trimester it's like it went away. I was so frustrated because I wanted to look more pregnant. Definitely got that wish and the stretch marks too. Each day I am more amazed how big I am getting. So interesting to watch your tummy get bigger...so happy about it though!

I know you are still early but have you felt anything? I was feeling all kinds of things around 12 weeks and then they all tapered off, came back at 18 weeks, disappeared and since 20 weeks, I've felt regularly movements. OH boy is it weird! The bigger they get, the more I can feel and now I can feel kicks. I hear a lot of women can eventually tell which baby is moving. I can't yet but I know they are having a blast in there.
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby reapage » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:35 am

We were just talking last night about financials, time off work, ect, and we decided to table to the topic. Its too stressful and right now we just need to focus on the pregnancy. We will figure something out!

Its funny you ask about movement, I have been feeling movement a lot!!!! I feel them wiggle around and a time or two I have felt... kicks? jabs? IDK. Once I sneezed and someone thumped me in response, and since then I have felt it a few times. I told the OB and she said its movement! She said with the way they are positioned she would be surprised if I didnt feel them. I just had an OB appointment yesterday and found out that I will be doing a scan at every check up! And I have my scan every 4 weeks with MFM so thats two scans a month until week 24 and then we will do it every two weeks or so. I love that!

I really hope the movement doesn't go away!!!! It keeps me sane! Yesterday when we did the u/s our girl was clapping! We go in on the 15t for a private scan to confirm the genders. I really hope they arent playing tricks on us!
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

reapage

Postby lil1104 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:00 pm

My twins are B/B and slept in the same crib in my room until just recently when they started sleeping through the night. Well one still wakes up for a quick bite to eat once the other sleeps all night long. We recently moved into a bigger house though and figured that would be a good time to transition. While i have enough rooms to room them separate, they would hate being that far apart. When they were sharing a bed and unable to roll over they would literally hold hands as they slept through the night. To transition them i kept them in the same crib and moved them further apart each night as they had a hard time sleeping if they could not feel each other. They are very close and i think they would hate being in separate rooms at this point. They can have their own rooms when they are old enough to request it. Twins are a blast though. Congrats!!!!
ME - 27 -
DH - 34 -
DS - 13 from DH's first marriage. I adopted him sept 2008
DS - Went to heaven on Dec 15th, 2006 at age 3. (Please be aware of the signs of child abuse and report them. You may be saving a child's life!!!) http://kyleklein15.webs.com/newsrelatedarticles.htm
Due May 13, 2015 with twin boys!!!!!

lil1104
Friend

Postby lil1104 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:07 pm

reapage wrote:Hey!

It was a shock that they were able to tell so early! We are going in on the 15th for a private confirmation scan. I cant wait! I really hope they aren't playing tricks on us! We had planned for a reveal, but since we found out early, we just went ahead and told everyone! We will save all the fun stuff for the shower!

I imagine that your height is going to be a great advantage! It will give them plenty of room. Space is a concern for me, being just shy of 5ft I am worried they will run out of room! I already look very pregnant. One day at a time, thats all we can do right? Your cervix sounds like its really holding up so far!!! 4cm is really good! We will be going ever four weeks as well, unless something comes up. It seems like 4 weeks between scans is forevvvverrrrr but I know that most pregnant ppl only get a scan or two their entire pregnancy! If We have a singleton after these babies at any point, it will be a HUGE adjustment.

Good for you working on a budget. I cant even think in those terms right now haah. I am trying to get my credit cards and student loans paid downs so that when I stop working, the entire world doesn't fall on DH. Its going to be stressful but our main concern right now is growing healthy babies.

Nov. is right around the corner!

I am right at 5ft and i did run out of room early. I delivered mine at 33wks but both were quite healthy and only stayed in the nicu long enough to reach appropriate weight and learn to take all milk by mouth. They probably would have been able to keep them in longer but one baby starting getting too much nutrients while the other was not getting enough causing his growth to be restricted. (Not twin to twin transfusion as they were fraternal with two placentas) but one placenta wasnt getting enough blood flow. It was not easy carrying them being so small and at the end i could not even sleep unless sitting up at a 90 degree angle as i couldn't breath laying down even on my side, but well worth the discomfort. I have heard many women as small as us were able to carry to term without any difficulty though. Good Luck
ME - 27 -
DH - 34 -
DS - 13 from DH's first marriage. I adopted him sept 2008
DS - Went to heaven on Dec 15th, 2006 at age 3. (Please be aware of the signs of child abuse and report them. You may be saving a child's life!!!) http://kyleklein15.webs.com/newsrelatedarticles.htm
Due May 13, 2015 with twin boys!!!!!

lil1104
Friend

Postby reapage » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:45 am

lil1, thanks for the input! We are going to do a nursery with two cribs, and have one pack and play w/ sleepers in our room for them to sleep together in the beginning. I think the second crib will be there for if/when we need it, or for the toddler stage. Its seems like the popular opinion is to keep them together, at least at first, and I love that. I love the bond they will share. Even being B/G I think they will be very close.

Thank you soooooo much for mentioning a couple things in your second post. Firstly, its nice to talk to someone the same size, did you show early? I look like I am 5/6 months pregnant. Seriously. I just need to know its normal haha. A second thing you mentioned, sleep. I am struggling so so so bad. Its like no matter what position I sleep in, I am straining my back and neck to the point that I wake up in the middle of the night in tears from migraines and can't move my neck. I have a body pillow, I have switched pillows/positions/slept in the guest room.... nothing is helping. I am awake all night from migraines, and the persist through the day, tylenol does not help. I am really considering sleeping in the upright, 90 degree angle tonight. I dont know what else to do. I never had this problem before pregnancy. Is this normal?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and for the input!
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

reapage

Postby lmtc430 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:20 am

It seems that sleep issues are super common during pregnancy. I am having a lot now, but due to carpal tunnel and a sore upper back. I actually thought about sleeping on my recliner the other night. It sounds like the migraines are a combo of sleep position and perhaps hormones and I had a week or two or horrible headaches (finally went away). I would definitely ask your doctor what you could take/do because it's miserable!

Oh, also, we finally made our nursery decision! I went back and forth and back and forth. We are setting it up this weekend. We will have two cribs put together. My aunt, who works in the NICU and for 20+ years tells me to separate the twins and try to have them sleep in their cribs from the beginning. I guess it makes the transition easier. Now, this is the plan and for all I know, they may hate being apart or in another room... SO, I am getting the Twin Graco Pack N Play to have by my bed for them to sleep. They will be separate but close. I am also getting them their own little rockers/swings for during the day while I'm doing things around the house. We'll see how this works! Heck, for all I know, I may have to kick hubby out of bed and have the twins sleep with me :D ...ok I won't do that. I'm hoping the cribs or twin pack n play will work. If these babies are like mom, they'll love their sleep!!!!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby reapage » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:35 pm

We are doing the same thing! we have the twin pack and play on our registry and it will go in our room, we will have two cribs in the nursery tho, so when they get to be a few months old, I will transition them into the nursery. EEp so exciting!!!!!!!

Tomorrow we are finally having our private scan to confirm the genders. Since the last peak we got was at 12 weeks I am praying nothing changed, but the tech seemed really certain! We will see! Sleep still sucks but Im trying to be positive about it. (I say that because its Friday haha.) How are you feeling? Big as a house? Do people ever ask how far along you are? my co workers say I grow every day.
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

reapage

Postby lmtc430 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:56 am

Oh, I am definitely at that stage where my belly must be touched! I don't mind people doing it with or without permission. Now I would mind if random strangers touched it but not my family or coworkers. I certainly look more than 6 months pregnant but I was already heavy to begin with. I should say though that up until 20 weeks, it was rather contained and after that, it grew and grew and grew. Amazingly, I'm only up 2 lbs and babies weight 1.5 lbs a piece and are doing great! They are little movers too, they are "dancing" right now. I feel them A LOT but it's not painful or anything. My carpal tunnel sucks to much and my hands go numb with almost any activity but totally worth it!

Soooooooo, are we still having a boy and girl???!?!! Excited to hear about your scan! We've finally settled on names so it's all starting to get REAL!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby reapage » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:52 am

Yay for a prominent bump!! Are you only up 2lbs since before you got pregnant???? Thats incredible... I gained 6 pounds between my first and second ob scan hhaha. & my bump is 100% baby. Everyone is asking me when the baby is due and if I know gender... there is no hiding this thing! I have been feeling them move a lot, but I am excited for the actual kicks and jabs, when do those start to happen?

I have a doppler at home. I usually dont use it but I did use it a lot this weekend, I'm a bit obsessed with these babes lol.

I have my 16 week scan tomorrow to check my cervix and measure babies, I seriously cannot wait. Gosh I love seeing them. The MFM scans are my fav cuz we actually do measurements and stuff. I will update tomorrow!

Do you have any fun scans coming up?
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029