Anyone Pregnant with Twins?? 9weeks

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Anyone Pregnant with Twins?? 9weeks

Postby Ash26 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:11 am

Hi all- I recently found out I'm pregnant with twins after several years of infertility and rounds of IVF. This last round finally worked. I am currently 8w6d. Anyone else due around September 2016 with multiples? It would be so nice to share this journey with someone.
Ash26
Friend

Re: Anyone Pregnant with Twins?? 9weeks

Postby lmtc430 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:11 am

Congratulations! I'm not currently pregnant but I have 3 and a half month old twins. Twin pregnancy is an incredible experience! Hopefully there are some other expecting twin moms but if you ever have any questions let me know!
TTC for 3.5 years | Hypothyroid, high prolactin w/ polyp removal in Jan 15 | 3/30/15: unexpected BFP | 4/14/15: OMG It's TWINS! | 11/17/15 - Fiona & Oliver born at 37 weeks!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TinleyKaye16 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Finding out tomorrow! Hopefully I'll be in this with you. I'll update you then. Congratulations!!
Me 32 DH 36
TTC #1 since 2011
1st Cycle Clomid 50 mg=BFP
MC @8 weeks :(
Clomid 5/15-12/15 50 mg all BFN
Clomid 100 mg 1/16 = BFP @ 9dpo!! :D
Beta #1: 5,600+ HCG ,50 Progesterone
Beta #2: 12,890 HCG
3/9/16 first ultrasound!
TinleyKaye16
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby inthemetro » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:09 pm

Congratulations! I'm also pregnant with twins and due September 16th. They'll be my first, and I'm both incredibly excited and very nervous. How are you feeling? I've been exhausted but the nausea has really let up with the end of the first trimester. And Tinley, good luck!
inthemetro

Postby inthemetro » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:10 pm

And LMTC, congratulations on the birth of your twins. It's good to know there are mothers of multiples around! How are your two doing?
inthemetro

Postby lmtc430 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:11 am

Congratulations inthemetro! I was freaked out about having twins, also my first (and last :D ). My pregnancy was great and I wasn't miserable until the very, very end. However, it took us a long time to conceive so I tried to be thankful for every day, crappy or not. My kiddos are doing great at 4 months. The first 8 weeks were TOUGH but nothing you can't handle with a little help, patience, wine, and finding sleep where you can. Since 12 weeks, and since the babies started smiling and laughing at us, things are so much better (helps they sleep longer too!). Now, they've started interacting with each other, notice each other and I caught baby boy smiling at his sister the other day - was definitely one of the sweetest moments imaginable! I could never understand in the beginning why people said twins were a blessing but each day is easier than the last and they are right having twin gets easier in ways. You'll probably find this out or already know it, but with twins, you'll never NOT have something to talk about and when you go out, pregnant or with them after they are born, you'll always have people approach you!
TTC for 3.5 years | Hypothyroid, high prolactin w/ polyp removal in Jan 15 | 3/30/15: unexpected BFP | 4/14/15: OMG It's TWINS! | 11/17/15 - Fiona & Oliver born at 37 weeks!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ash26 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:28 am

Yay for having a buddy- inthemetro. I'm technically due Oct 6, but they will not let me go past 38 weeks which is September 22. How are you feeling now? I'm starting to feel better. Each day is different. From 9 1/2 weeks-10 weeks I felt great- had energy and very little nausea. Once 10 weeks hit it was back to being nauseous all day long. I'm now 11 weeks and I'm finding that there are good and bad days. I'm also extremely tired all day long but then feel like I'm not getting a very good nights sleep between having to get up to pee and the weird dreams. But really trying to enjoy my pregnancy as much as I can since it was such a struggle to get pregnant.

Lmtc- Thanks for the kind words and it is so encouraging to hear that you had a good pregnancy and the twins are doing well.
Ash26
Friend

Postby inthemetro » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Ash--I hear you on the balance between discomfort and excitement about the pregnancy. I definitely had a struggle, too, though still the dregs of the first trimester was rough. The toughest part for me was the exhaustion. I was just wiped all the time--I felt like I was always ready to nap. I slept well (well, besides all that getting up to pee!), but the trouble was that I wanted to sleep all the time. I was lucky in that I was nauseous a lot, but I was very rarely sick. It was more just that nothing sounded good to eat (and many things sounded awful). The nausea let up a lot for me around the 12 week mark, though, which was great. I'm still not quite as energetic as pre-pregnancy, but my appetite is back (I knew things were good when pizza and fish sounded delicious again).

So far the second tri is treating me fairly well. I had the nuchal screening and both babies were very low risk (phew), and then we did the big reveal to family and friends, which was exciting. Have you told everyone yet? Are you showing yet? (I have a little bump. My husband and I can definitely tell, but I'm not sure you'd be able to know if you didn't know what my stomach looked like beforehand.)

Lmtc--I'm so glad to hear you and your little ones are doing well. I can imagine the first eight weeks are tough--yeek! I think my DH and I were most intimidated thinking about the logistics of it all (how does feeding work when juggling two?). And I am already ready for wine again! I loved what you said about first, second, and last--me too, which makes it efficient. Ash, is this also your first pregnancy? And are you hoping for more?

Also, an annoying question for you, lmtc: do you have any newborn equipment you'd really recommend getting? It's hard to know what to pair down and what twin moms need to do differently, stuff wise.
inthemetro

Postby Ash26 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:07 am

Hello-
I had my NT scan yesterday and both babies are low risk! Its crazy to think I am almost 12 weeks already! Starting to feel better most days. As long as I eat, I'm good. The challenge is just finding foods that sound appetizing. Its getting better, but still tough some days. The tiredness as definitely kicked in the last few days. I am ready for bed by 8pm and sometimes feel like I could nap all day. Unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow me very many naps.

Inthemetro- As far as telling.....We told immediate family early on. We just starting telling friends after the NT scan. We plan to make a social media/Easter announcement this weekend. I'm excited for people to know but also nervous about telling everyone. Its a strange feeling that I can't really describe. I was so excited to find out I was pregnant, but now afraid to tell people. I think I'm just scared of the question "do twins run in your family." They do run in my family; however this isn't genetic and it took many years for us to conceive.
When it comes to showing......well....I'm very petite to begin with (5"1' 100lbs)....so yes I have a small belly. I am still able to hide it so most people wouldn't even know. I haven't gained any weight yet, but I'm definitely spreading out in strange places so someone might notice. I'm usually pretty fit and have a flat tummy, but its not flat anymore! I'm hoping to hide it for a few more weeks...I'll be telling my job in a few weeks, so I want to hide it until then.
This is my first and second baby :) I would like to have more, but unfortunately it took so long to be blessed with these two that I may not. My hubby and I have talked about it. We basically said we will try on our own for a while and use the one embryo we have frozen (IVF). If it doesn't work, that's ok.

I hear you on wanting wine!!!! Cannot wait to have a glass after these babies come out!

I'm also interested to hear opinions on twin equiptment lmtc! I just started looking into things and I feel lost.
Ash26
Friend

Postby inthemetro » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:51 am

Congratulations on the NT scan, Ash! That's wonderful news. I definitely heaved an enormous sigh of relief after mine (and getting the results). I'm sorry to hear about your inability to nap, but it's great that at least the nausea is letting up. I'm happy to report that I've had considerably more energy as the weeks go on.

I've also gotten a bigger and bigger belly. I also am normally fairly small (pre-pregnancy I was 5'5 and 116--now I think I'm up to 123) and pre-pregnancy had a flat stomach. Now it definitely looks like something, though I'm still at the stage where the rest of the world probably would think I just had a big lunch. I'm definitely into maternity clothes, though (besides shift dresses and clothes I already had with stretch waists), which makes it all feel real (and very comfortable). Have you started picking up maternity clothes yet? I've only started telling my job now (I'm still going through HR before more formally declaring it to my department), but I hear you on wanting to wait for a while.

That sounds like a good plan for wanting more, and it's good you have an embryo waiting and some equanimity. I feel lucky because my husband and I always wanted two--after the initial shock of twins, it's exciting to have them together (and not have to worry about trying to get pregnant again).

Are you going to find out the genders? I'm holding off on really doing the registry until we find out. For the baby clothes we're lucky enough to be inheriting from friends I don't care at all if they match, gender-wise (I'm sure as newborns all they'll care about is being comfy and warm), but still, I realized it'd be nice to get a few cute things that match, gender-wise.

Have you gotten good reactions from friends and family with the reveal?
inthemetro

Postby lmtc430 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:13 am

Hey ladies! Glad to hear your pregnancies are going well. I have typed out a huge list of things I would recommend having but keep losing it each time. I am working on something as part of a larger guide about preparing for twins. When I have it finished, I will post. What I can say is that you won't need 2 of everything. You'll definitely need 2 car seats but everything else you can get away with 1, even cribs (although we have 2).

I will be following you all and if you have any questions, ever, please let me know. I didn't have any twin moms around when I was pregnant and only heard a bit from one set of twin parents at my newborn class. I really wish I had a source to tell me how it really is!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lmtc430 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:04 am

Below is some information from my experience about what you should get or put on your registry. People tend to be very generous with expectant twin parents. We didn’t have to buy anything really to prepare for the babies except the items to decorate their nursery. I was always very budget conscious so I didn’t want to put anything on our registry that was too expensive. You can actually get away with not having a lot for your twins. I am fond of simple and hate having a ton of crap. Sometimes you can get away with it but sometimes you need all the crap! The younger the babies, the less you’ll need but as they get older they need more.

FEEDING
Even if you decide to breastfeed, research formula feeding just in case. My plan was to only breastfeed but that didn’t work (low supply). I had not bothered to look into formula and on the day babies came home, we had to go buy bottles and formula for them. I breastfeed on and off until 6 weeks and they’ve been on formula since. It’s been great and I have no complaints. They are doing quite well on formula and are very happy and healthy! If you plan to formula feed or pump, you’ll need bottles. Don’t bother buying a lot. Buy a couple different kinds and see what works best. Same with formula. Most hospitals use Enfamil and that has worked for us…well actually we use the generic brand (Parent’s Choice) because it’s much cheaper. No problems with it at all! If you do want to breastfeed and plan to pump, most insurances will purchase your pump for you. I’d suggest getting a pillow (My Breast Friend Twin) or 2 Boppy pillows to use when feeding.

FEEDING METHODS
It is not impossible to feed 2 babies at once! There are a variety of methods it just takes trial and error to figure out which one works best. In the beginning, with family and friends visiting, we always had someone to feed the babies. Once I was alone, I couldn’t feed them both and hold them. Many twins will be on the same feeding schedule, especially if they stay in the NICU or nursery (mine were in the nursery for a couple nights but not the NICU). There are basically 3 methods of feeding that I’ve discovered:

1. One at a time: I eventually had my twins on staggered schedule were they would eat about 15-30 min apart since feeding both is challenging. For us, this works best for overnight feeding. During the day when I was alone, I rarely used this method.

2. Two at a time: It is possible to feed twins simultaneously. You can sit on the couch with a Boppy pillow on each side of you. Place babies on Boppy pillow and feed. Of course always watch to make sure there is no way pillow can come off couch! Another way is sit both in a safe place (usually a baby seat/bouncer/rocker or some kind) and feed them. I did this most times alone and would sit them in their rocker chairs in front of the couch, I’d sit on the couch, and use a blanket to prop my wrists up.

3. Prop bottles: No one wants to admit they do this but a lot of twin moms must prop bottles out of necessity. My husband showed me how he did this with his kids. At first, I hated it because it made me feel like a bad mother as I wasn’t giving my babies attention. Also, they were very small and I worried I was hurting them somehow (as a new mom, you constantly feel like this in a way). As they got older and I needed more time to get things done or make feedings quicker, I would prop their bottles as they sat in their rocker chairs. This method works wonderfully for us. My eyes are constantly watching them and they’ve never choked or had issues. At worst, the bottle falls on the floor. In the mornings, I use this method to feed both as I get ready for work. Then when they are finished, I get them ready for daycare and we are out the door. There are many ways to prop the bottle but I found a nice fluffy blanket works great. I will say this even though it’s obvious, DON’T ever prop a bottle when you can’t watch them or anytime you are sleeping!

PACIFIERS
Whether or not you want your baby to rely on a pacifier is up to you but sometimes, they really do help with soothing. I did not plan to use them but my daughter, Ms. Fussypants, would not be soothed without it and to this day, she needs it to fall asleep. Of course, we are going to have to break her pacifier reliance at some point but there are many nights and days it has been a lifesaver for her and us as sleepy parents. I don’t have any recommendation on the type but there are ages listed on the packaging. Some hospitals still give pacifiers out at birth and others don’t.

CLOTHING
Baby clothes are incredibly adorable and when you find out you are pregnant, you will want to clear out the entire Baby section at your local retailer. STEP AWAY FROM THE BABY CLOTHES! I am telling you now, there will be a time they can wear those cute outfits but not as newborns. Dressing a baby is an interesting experience. As newborns, they are much stiffer than you’d imagine and you’ll be worried you’ll bend their leg too far or hurt them somehow then when they are older, they won’t stop moving! My rule for baby clothing is FUNCTIONAL, FUNCTIONAL, FUNCTIONAL and a little cuteness never hurt!

Think about the season your babies will be born. My twins were born right before winter and wore sleepers exclusively for the first 10 weeks. At 10 weeks, I started dressing them in the mornings to get them used to that routine (they’d only wear a onesie and pants of some kind). I did buy one fancy or cute outfit for holidays and will for pictures. When it got warmer out, they wore onesies around the house to play. At 4 months and with going to daycare, they wear a onesie or t-shirt (long sleeve on cooler days), pants, and socks. By the way, baby socks literally never stay on unless your baby has fat feet! My son has chunky feet but my slender daughter has thin, long feet and constantly loses socks. When we go out, occasionally I put shoes on them because they are adorable and help socks stay on.

If you have the same gender, you have won the baby clothing lottery! I have boy/girl twins but I buy a lot of unisex clothes and separate their dresser into his clothes, her clothes, and shared clothes. We received so many second-hand clothes that I haven't had to buy much. When I do buy clothes, I shop at Target or Walmart as they have the best prices. Old Navy is good too! Oh, and department stores like JCPenney, Sears, etc will have baby clothes on clearance all the time. Babies get messier as they get older but even then, I generally only wash clothes once a week. All in all, you won’t need as many clothes as you think unless you want those options for your twins.

BLANKETS, TOWELS, & BURP CLOTHS, ETC
In all honesty, you could use whatever you have laying around the house for blankets, towels, and burp cloths but where would the fun be in that?!

Blankets:
- Receiving blankets are great and work for so many different things. We’ve used them in our car seat to keep the baby’s head up (when they are newborns they slump when they fall asleep). We use them to prop bottles. We use them in their rockers to make it more comfortable. We also use them for burp clothes too.
- You won’t need as many as you think – 10 receiving blankets is a good number.
- Depending on the season, you may need a thicker blanket or thinner blanket for use while babies sleep or for car seat, stroller.

Towels:
- We have always just used our towels. I received some baby towels but I don’t care for them because they are really thin.
- I would recommend getting some extra regular towels. They come in handy from drying baby, cleaning spills, to impromptu changing pads.

Burp Cloths:
- We use cloth diapers for burp cloths in additional to some smaller thin blankets.
- Anything can be a burp cloth really!
- Bibs will come in handy as babies get older and start to drool and slobber. Babies also seem to become messier eaters too as they get older!

Etc:
- I would suggest getting a pack of baby wash cloths as they are less abrasive than regular wash cloths. I don’t always use them though during baths. I usually just put the soap on my hands and wash them that way.

DIAPERS & WIPES

Obviously, twins use more diapers but depending on their potty habits, they might not use as many as you’d think. I guess I was blessed to have twins that only had a dirty diaper once a day if that often. Now that they are back on regular infant formula, they sometimes go twice a day. With the quality of today’s disposable diapers, you won’t need to change them every hour unless needed or you want to do so as they tend to absorb most of the moisture. Like much everything else, you’ll quickly get to know the potty habits of your babies and just by looking at their diaper, you’ll know whether it needs changing. All diapers also come with an indicator that tells you if it’s wet.

I would caution stockpiling diapers before your babies are born because:
1. There is always the chance babies have an allergy to the materials
2. Babies will progress to the next diaper size rather quickly.
3. It’s quite possible too that your friends and family will give you a ton of diapers as it’s a baby item everyone needs.
4. You’ll be stuck with a brand or type you don’t like

We were quite lucky to receive boxes of diapers and wipes and went a long time before having to buy any. When you do buy diapers, consider how many you need of that size and then where to shop. It’s best to buy in bulk either from a store like Costco or buy larger quantities at places like Target or Walmart. I read many places that 14 cents a diaper is a good price point. There are many good charts available online that will tell you the estimate of how many diapers you’ll need for each size. In the beginning, we were easily using 14-16 diapers a day then as the twins were about 3-4 months old, we maybe went through 10. Now in daycare where they are changed every hour, we use about 16 diapers a day. My daughter who is 12 lbs is still able to wear size 1 while her brother who is chunkier at 14 lbs, is getting ready to grow out of size 2. Once your babies are born and you become a diaper pro, you’ll know exactly which brand you love and which brand you hate. For example, I love Pampers so far and loathe Huggies simply because I like the front tab on Pampers and Huggies have a weird fit on my twins. I haven’t tried Luvs yet or many generic brands. Parent’s Choice diapers are fine. Once your babies sleep long periods at night, try an overnight diaper so you don’t have to change them at night. I put our babies down in Pampers Baby Dry and don’t change their diaper until their morning wake up (they don’t sleep through yet).

Wipes are like diapers in that you’ll need a lot and you’ll develop a favorite. These are much easier to stockpile as most wipes are non-allergenic . Boxes of wipes are much cheaper than diapers. I find that wipes with texture works best as they pick up poo better than regular wipes. You can never have enough wipes as you can use them for everything and you’ll need them!

HYGIENE SUPPLIES
Surprisingly, there isn’t much you’ll need for your twins’ hygiene in the early weeks. I would suggest putting a hygiene set on your registry just to have, it’s definitely not mandatory to have when they are born. While I have all these kinds of items – nail clippers, brush, comb, etc. – I’ve never used them! The most important thing you’ll need is simply bath and body wash. For the early weeks, just use a body and hair combo wash. There really isn’t a need to wash their hair. You really won’t bathe them much in the beginning anyway until their cord falls off and then your babies won’t like getting cold. I didn’t start nightly baths until 10 weeks and I only did that to encourage a nightly routine. At 19 weeks, I now only bathe them once every other night or really when they are super dirty. Most nights, a little wipey bath and lotion is all that works. Do get some lavender baby bath and lotion as it’s said to promote sleep. These are great items to pick up when you go to the store and then when they are born, you’ll have a nice little stockpile. Generic brands work just as well as name brands although some babies are more sensitive to different formulas. My daughter for some reason cries when we use off brand lavender shampoo but everything else is fine. Newborns don’t need a whole lot of attention when it comes to hygiene. As they get older, especially 3-4 months, they will need more baths and lotion as their skin will be drier. Don’t waste your time on nail clippers as the ones sold for babies are just like adult versions. Plus, baby nails at first are still attached to their skin and cannot be cut. My mom told me back in the day they would bite the nails and I actually do this and it works quite well.

HEALTH & WELLNESS
Don’t bother with a bulb syringe for clearing your babies’ nose. Try the Nose Frida (Google it!). Thing is amazing and doesn’t hurt as much. It’s best to get a saline spray to spray in their nose first then suck out the snot (Boogie Mist works great). Babies are too young for pain relievers plus you won’t need any until maybe 2 months for their first shots. Don’t worry about having that at first. Do have some kind of gas drops (these saved us many nights).

SLEEPING
I always wanted my twins to sleep apart to minimize any crutches they would have later to getting good sleep. But some twins sleep better together. As a new mom, I was stupid and worried about my small babies being alone in their cribs when we came home. For the first 11 weeks they slept in a variety of ways in different places. Sometimes they slept on my chest, sometimes in their rocker chairs, and a couple times they slept in bed with me (usually my husband took 1 and slept out in the living room and I took the other and slept in the bedroom). At 11 weeks I had enough and put them in their cribs and they’ve been there since. It took a little crying that first night but it’s been great since. We even had the Graco Pack N Play Twin to put in our room for them and they hated it. I am going to give you conflicting advice…try putting them in their cribs from day one and try your best to keep them there. You don’t want them crying it out because they are way too young but a little crying won’t hurt (I’m talking 10-15 min, not hours!). If that won’t work don’t stress and just do whatever works for you all and gets you and them sleep. As a mom, you’ll make sure they are safe whether it’s sleeping with you in your bed or in a swing. You will hear a lot of “DON’T” in terms of how to raise your babies but do WHAT YOU THINK IS BEST and SAFEST in the situation!

CAR SEATS
You’ll need 2 of course. I would suggest getting a travel system meaning car seats that snap into a stroller. This is super convenient. Many of the available brands have these systems for twins. We use the Baby Trend Flex Loc car seats and honestly not my favorite. They are heavy and the handle takes a lot of strength to put down. But they go with the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller which I love! If you will be like us and having to use daycare, you’ll want a light carseat! Don’t bother spending a ton on a fancy one. You can find a good option for $70-100.

STROLLER
Again, having a travel system is super convenient. There are a variety of double strollers so it’s really up to your lifestyle and preferences. I did not want a side by side and wanted something that would grow with my babies. You may not even use a stroller much in the early weeks. I didn’t start using the stroller on a regular basis until 10ish weeks when we started going to the park. Make sure it fits in your trunk! I drive a Kia Forte and ours fits in the trunk with just enough space for a couple other things.

BOUNCER/ROCKER/SEAT OF SOME KIND
You’ll want a safe place to sit your babies from the time they are brought home to when they are older. These seats serve so many purposes and can be used all over the house. Our twins slept in their seats too. We went with the Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker which functions as a rocker and as a seat. We no longer use these out in the living room when they are playing but now keep them in the bathroom (well their room and move into the bathroom) in the mornings as well all get ready. They sit and eat while I do my thing. You’ll definitely want 2 of these.

SWING
This is an item where you may get away with just having 1. All depends on your babies and their preferences. My daughter loved the swing but my son never did so we had 1 swing for a month or so. Then he decided he loved it too so we got another one (both were actually gifts). My twins also napped in their swings from 10 weeks to now. There are great options just depends on your budget and preference. They have really fancy swings that also glide. If you can get one, do it! We didn’t buy one because they are pricey but they have one at the kids’ daycare and they love it. I am going to be looking for one at a yard or bargain sale sometime this spring.

BOUNCER/JUMPER
There are a ton of different options and you won’t need 2. We have a bouncer and then a cool little jumper you put in your door way and they can jump up and down. Once babies start needing more entertainment, just set up some “stations” and rotate them. So use a bouncer, play mat, and something else and you’ll be fine without buying two of everything.

PLAY MAT
Play mats are great and will come in handy when your babies start becoming more alert. I put the twins on theirs and it keeps them busy enough for me to get some things down around the house. My twins are now big enough they are outgrowing their play mat so we have put a large blanket underneath it to give them more room to roll around and they can still play with the dangly toys.

PLAY YARD
Most of the Graco Pack N Plays also have bassinets. As I said, we have one but never used the bassinet part except many a handful of times. The play yard will come in handy when they are older.

TOYS
You won’t need any toys for a long time. Even now at 4 months, my twins aren’t super into toys and get enough stimulation through interacting with us and each other. Between 6-8 weeks, they’ll become more alert and you can simply use a mirror and they’ll stare into it. It’s great for tummy time.

BABY CARRIER
My friend gave me a Moby Wrap to borrow and I thought it was silly and I’d never use it. I use it all the time! I love it! Invest in a wrap of some kind whether it’s a Moby or Boba wrap. The first couple times are confusing to use but it gets super easy, I mean as easy as putting on a shirt. I always used the wrap around the house and would put 1 or both into it and I’d get so much done plus they were guaranteed to fall asleep in it. When I go out, I always use a wrap, especially alone. I put one twin in the wrap and leave the other in their car seat. I always have the wrap with me even if I have them in their stroller just in case one gets whiney. I have a more structured carrier (Infantino) and my husband uses that one if we go somewhere and don’t want to take the stroller.

I think I covered all the must have baby items but please let me know if you have any questions on anything I may have missed.
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ash26 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:35 am

LMTC- That is the best post ever! Thank you so much for the wealth of information.
Ash26
Friend

Postby lmtc430 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:59 am

I'm glad if just some info I provided was helpful. I know I wrote a book!

One last item that my babies love is this chair: http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brand ... Floor-Seat
It is great for babies that have good enough head control to sit up assisted. My daughter is always in this at daycare. I just ordered it this weekend from Walmart. It's amazing how many things there are for babies!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby inthemetro » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:58 am

Lmtc, thanks so much for all the super helpful information! There was much I hadn't thought about--socks on baby feet!--to so many things that are helpful now that we're buckling down and trying to finish up our registry. Thanks for the taking the time to do this, and I super appreciate it. Ash, how have things been going? On my end, the big news is we found out that one of the babies is a boy. The other wasn't positioned well enough to tell on the sonogram, but knowing one of the genders definitely makes it feel real--I'm having a son!--but I'm hoping we'll get to know the other gender at the 20 week scan.
inthemetro

Next

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More