Anyone Pregnant with Twins?? 9weeks

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Re: Anyone Pregnant with Twins?? 9weeks

Postby Ash26 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:36 am

Hi inthemetro- Sorry I haven't been on here recently. It has been a super busy month!

Things are going well here. We found out we are having a boy and a girl! I am beyond excited! And just knowing made everything so much more real. I'm starting to sport a small bump now. Someone noticed for the first time the other day and asked when I was due. Seems to strange to say "in September" when I am showing much more than other people due in September. I've officially graduated to maternity clothes!

How are you doing? Do you have your registry completed? I've gotten a good start on mine, but we were waiting to find out what were having before we did the gender specific things. We will do that sometime this week. My shower is June 25th so we have been busy getting invites ready to be mailed out.
Ash26
Friend

Postby inthemetro » Sat May 07, 2016 1:36 am

I hear you about the super busy month, Ash, and it's good to hear from you! We're also having a boy and a girl, and couldn't be more excited. Was that the combination you were hoping for? I love that we get to have it all in one, and it seems like it'll be less competitive for them (they won't look alike, etc.). I've gotten really into the idea of twins--I love the idea that they'll have each other, and it's been more manageable to think about how crazy the first few months will be.

I also have a serious bump! It's funny how fast it developed super fast, and now I think I'm bigger than friends who are due with singletons a few weeks before me. Seems totally normal. We have our registry completed--in part because since we live across an ocean from where we're from, we had a shower a few weeks back when visiting in April (though we'll do another shower here in early July). The plus side is it also means between that and generous friends giving us stuff they no longer need we've started accumulating baby equipment--carriers, rockers, gyms, baby bathtub, etc. We still need to nail down which stroller and car seats we want, but otherwise I think we have everything (well, at least clothes, but those are easy) picked out. How are you going with getting set up but not being too overwhelmed?

Things are doing well on my end. The one thing I'm worried about is that baby girl has been measuring quite small (7th percentile for her gestational age). Otherwise she seems like she's doing well, but it's something the doctor wants to watch. (Baby boy, on the other hand, is doing just fine--he's huge, clocking in at the 95th percentile). So I get a lot of ultrasounds, which is fine. Do you feel your little guys moving? I don't feel real kicks yet, but I love feeling them fluttering around, though it's only when I'm sitting still.
inthemetro

Postby Ash26 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:03 am

Hey inthemetro!

Glad to hear things are going well on your end. Hope baby girl catches up in growth....or is just a petite little healthy female!

Yes- the boy/girl combo is what I was really hoping for. We struggled with infertility for so long that it is the perfect combination. The pressure is off of us to have more kids to try for the opposite sex...we probably will try, but can just accept whatever we are given a little easier.

I too am getting very excited about having twins. It is becoming more and more real to me as I watch my belly grow. I'm not feeling kicks yet, but have been feeling some bubbles/flutters for about 2 weeks now. At first it wasn't every day, now its becoming more consistent. But like you...its when I am sitting and resting.

As for baby gear- we are registered! It was so much fun picking out things for the twins, but I also found it stressful. The stressful part about it has to do with me lol. I want things to be color coordinated and I'm just not finding bedding that I love for the twins room. Everything except for the bedding has been picked out. My shower is at the end of June. Invites just went out so things are beginning to be purchased from the registry. My hope is to get the bedding thing sorted out this weekend. I am making things complicated for myself.....i hate pink! therefore I want baby girls stuff to be purple....so purple and blue and gray is my color scheme. The issue is purple and blue sets that match have been hard to come by.

I have my 20 week anatomy scan next Friday....can't wait to see the twinkies again!
Ash26
Friend

Postby inthemetro » Thu May 19, 2016 12:19 am

I'm glad to hear that boy/girl twins delighted you, too. We feel the same way. It took a fairly long time to get pregnant, and while two children sounded really ideal I worried about the dynamics of getting pregnant again (particularly because I knew I wouldn't be up for trying again right away), so having twins (and a full set at that!) was a real load off. It just feels really complete. It's possible we'll try for a third at some point, but if we don't I'm very happy with that too.

I'm glad to hear you're registered too. With twins things seem a bit more complicated. We're not entirely settled on the travel system (car seats in particular), but it seems like twin equipment is tougher. We're trying to stay fairly minimalist--we live in an apartment and we travel frequently--but it's tough to know what you need and what you don't (though it's not too big a deal--we can always pick things up and order things as we go). Are you starting out with two cribs? That's the other thing we're undecided about (twin moms I know seem split on the subject). And your colors seem really cute.

That's wonderful you're feeling flutters. I am feeling my little guys kick more and more. Yesterday for the first time I noticed kicking even when I was standing up, which was great. Sometimes when I'm working I just watch them do their thing, even through my shirt, which is wonderful. I have another ultrasound a week from Tuesday, so I'm hoping that baby girl keeps growing. And enjoy the anatomy scan! It's wonderful how long it takes and you get to see everything, you really get to know them.
inthemetro

Postby LaraBlake » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:30 pm

My sister recently delivered twins
LaraBlake
Friend

Previous

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More