Can I ask a question to you multiple mamas?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

Can I ask a question to you multiple mamas?

Postby Durrae » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi ladies!

I'm hoping it's okay if I ask a question in here.

So I'm 6w4d into my third pregnancy. I noticed the other day that it felt like my uterus was already coming up over my pelvic bone. 8O I asked my stepmom to take a feel too, as shes an OB nurse, and she looked pretty shocked but agreed that that is what it feels like. She has twins and she just looked at me and asked me when my u/s is. I do have one on Tuesday the 29, so in 8 days.

Did any of you notice this early on like this. I guess it could be a third kid thing, but I just wanted to hear from multiple moms (especially if they aren't your first) to see what your experience was.

Thanks!
Durrae (27) married to Matt (29) for 9 years.
Von Willebrand Disease, blood disorder (do not clot enough) Diagnosed May '15.
Hypothyroidism this time around. Taking Naturethroid.
DS1: Nov. '08 DS2: Dec. '12
TTC#3 since Nov. '15
BFP on 2/28/15, 11dpo. Due November 9th!

Durrae
Friend

Re: Can I ask a question to you multiple mamas?

Postby inthemetro » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:21 am

Hi Durrae, congratulations on your third pregnancy! Are you sure of your dates? Six and half weeks seems very, very early for a uterus to rise over your pelvic bone, but that said, I'm not a medical professional, and I'm pregnant with twins now but don't have anything to compare it to. I could only feel my uterus when I was over 11 weeks--to be honest week 6 there was zero difference from pre-pregnancy. Honestly, I don't think I really had any signs of twins--I was exhausted throughout the first tri and nauseous, but no more so than many singleton mamas. I had no idea I was pregnant with twins until the eight week ultrasound, where it was clear as day on the screen. Anyway, good luck--if you're hoping for twins, I hope you'll get good news soon!
inthemetro

Postby Durrae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:36 pm

Just thought I'd update. I had an ultrasound on 3/29 and it's just one babe in there! So it's definitely just third baby syndrome that has my uterus growing so fast.
Durrae (27) married to Matt (29) for 9 years.
Von Willebrand Disease, blood disorder (do not clot enough) Diagnosed May '15.
Hypothyroidism this time around. Taking Naturethroid.
DS1: Nov. '08 DS2: Dec. '12
TTC#3 since Nov. '15
BFP on 2/28/15, 11dpo. Due November 9th!

Durrae
Friend

Postby inthemetro » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:48 am

Congratulations!!! I can imagine the third time around your body really knows the drill. I'm glad everything looks good!
inthemetro

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More