delivery poll

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

How did you deliver your multiples?

vaginal
14%
planned c/s
43%
planned vaginal but ended in c/s
29%
elected c/s
14%

Total votes : 14

delivery poll

Postby lovlya » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:18 am

how did you deliver? Was it the way you planned?
Me 31 DH 31
IVF #1 twin girls born at 28 weeks
after SCH and PROM at 18wks.
hospital bed rest till delivery
Meara in Heaven- 12.25.08
Cora-now 3 yrs old
FET-BFN
FET#2-BFP It's a girl!
lovlya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sisrea » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:40 am

i can't vote since i don't know yet :D

But my Dr is going to let me to try Vaginal, if they are both head down, but if 1 is down and the other is breach/transverse or anything like that i will have to do a c/s.

They said that often times that they don't work out to be both head down but i'd be curious to what others have had :D
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby skovarik5 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:36 am

I told everyone my whole pregnancy that I was going to get a c/s I didn't want anything to do with pushing two babies out! Well, when it came time to it, I just went with what the Dr.'s wanted and that was a vaginal delivery. I'm really glad I did too!

skovarik5
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Jamm » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:05 am

Both where a planned c-section (never made it to those dates though). I had a previous c-section with my first son and with my first set of twins the hospital I went to did not allow vaginal delievery of twins unless both where head down and my son mikey was transverse across the top. It worked out because after they delievered my daughter my son just went down and stayed transverse.
My second set- at that point I had 3 previous c-sections so it just wasn't an option.
Me 30 DH 41
DS:12
DD & DS:9
DD: 8
DD & DS: 4
Jamm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lynner405 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:08 pm

We (my ob and I) had planned to go vaginal the whole time, but when I went into labor a week before my induction date my ob wasn't on call. The other ob in her practice was not comfortable doing a breech extraction or trying to turn my ds (my dd was baby A and was head down, my ds was baby B and was breech) so she encouraged a c-section. I thought that if the doctor isn't comfortable trying to get him out I better not chance a vaginal delivery so I ended up with a c-section. It just goes to show you can plan all you want but you have to make the best decision for the situation that you are faced with.
ImageImage

ImageImage
Lynner405
Angel
Angel

Postby proudmomma2 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:36 pm

We had a planned c-section. Baby A was head down, but Baby B was breach. Of course, at our u/s the DAY before, Baby B was also head down. I was freaked out because we had always planned on the c-s, so in the end, that's what we went ahead and did.

Gretchen

proudmomma2

Postby destiny143 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:12 am

I wanted a c/s from the beginning b/c I was afraid the first would be born vaginally and then the second would end up being a section and I didnt want both.

As things go closer I was thinking about trying a vaginal, but B was transverse so I didnt know. When I went into labor at 35W3D, I decided I would do a vaginal just as I had my heart set on it, my b/p went sky high and I ended up having and emergency c/s. Guess things work in mysterious ways.
Me(Kim)-40 DH(Dave)-39
IVF #1 Chemical Pg
IVF #2 8/07 BFP-Twins! Born 4/17/08
IVF#3 Transferred 1 embryo 9/2/09-Chemical
IVF #4 Cancelled...no more for me :(
destiny143
Angel
Angel

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More