For those who have had an ECTPOIC

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

For those who have had an ECTPOIC

Postby luvmytwins02 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:48 am

Please share your experience with me. When did you start feeling pain, exactly where was the pain located? When did you find out it was ectopic.

I had this pain about a week ago, then it went away for about 5 days...now it's back and it is FREAKING Me out! It is right in the line where your leg meets your lower abdomen. It can be achy, or a quick sharp pain. It could be my hip out too...but of course a pregnancy related problem comes to my mind first!

Thanks for sharing your stories.
luvmytwins02
Angel
Angel

Postby Peyton » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:42 am

Oh my gosh I'm freaking out too!!! I've had this on/off pain on my right ovary, like a cramp that varies in intensity. It goes hours without cramping and then it will cramp for a bit and so on. I's crampin a little now. Like burning!! Owww I'm so worried!!! I'm also having mild diarrhea once every morning since Tuesday. If anybody can tell me the ectopic pregnancy symptoms I'd be very grateful! I'm only 5 weeks so too early for u/s...just gotta wait...trying not to worry but really can't help it!! I hear diarrhea can be due to diet change or hormone adjustments, or another form of 'morning sickness', and the cramps can be due to a luteum cyst which controls hormone production and can become inflamed, or just that the ovaries are working hard and ache. I do get the very occassional twinge on my left too, not just my right, so I'm praying everyday that it's just that!! GL and sticky vibes to us during this worrysome time!!!
<div>Little Olivia due June 26th!!!!!</div>
Peyton
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby flipflop1117 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:18 pm

What you are describing to me sounds more like round ligament pain. When I had my ectopic, I didn't know I was pregnant. I bled for 27 days straight but since my periods were irratic, I thought it was just a "bad period" due to not having one for 5 months.

I was 8.5 weeks along, and it was about to rupture. I felt the most horrible burning through my abdomen, it came in waves every 30 seconds and lasted about 10 seconds. I passed out repeatidly and was rushed into surgery.

I had the pains in my groin area, where my hip meets my pelvis. My doc said it was pulling/pinching from uterus growing. Were your Beta's normal? Usually ectopic tend to be super slow rise hcg levels. Hope that helps a bit!
"And maybe that's what my scars really are...proof I've put myself back together." ~ Carrie Ryan
Jaxon Russel 3~15~10, Alexa Leigh 10~11~12
flipflop1117

Postby Lissa_ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:18 pm

I agree it sounds more like round ligament pain.

With my ectopic I bled for a week when period was due, then bbs were swollen a week later and pain started same time - pain was almost constant and achey - this could be different to normal as it was in my right ovary not in a tube.
EDD#3 1/3/11 - High Risk Pregnancy
DD1 Oct 96 DD2 Apr 09
Hx: 1 ovarian ectopic, 3 m/c, MMC March 2010
Blood Clotting Disorder - Heparin & Aspirin Daily
Lissa_
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby niclet » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:13 am

I had an ectopic with my 1st and I have felt more "pain"with this normal pregnancy than with that. The pulling and even the burning I have had this go round, especially early on....not so much now. I was so scared at the start that i went into the ER and made them do betas. That is the best way to know before u/s. Try to stay positive...the chances of repeat ectopics are low if there are no tubal issues.....and I conceived this one on the same side as the ectopic.
My DD at 11 weeks 3 Days. I love this US pic!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
niclet
Angel
Angel

Postby weecazs » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:28 am

hi huni, i had an ectopic in august 08 here is my story

i started spotting orange/brown around the time my AF was due, the spotting then turned into heavier bleeding but never red in colour and lasted about 11 days, because i had a feeling i was pregnant i did a test and it was positive, called my doctor right away and he scheduled me for a scan the next day, i would have been 6w 3d. I did notice slight pain but nothing major until the morning of my scan, i had an unbearable pain that brought a tear to my eye and i could not move. it passed and i went for the scan, at 6w they should have seen the baby but couldnt locate it which led them to suspect ectopic, i was sent to another hospital as they had a better scanning machine, there they discovered i indeed was having an ectopic and i had to go in for surgery that day to remove the baby from my tube.

You WILL know if it is ectopic huni, the pain is unbearable, i think you are going to be ok

i hope this helps xx
weecazs
Friend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss