4w6d and bleeding- a few questions

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

4w6d and bleeding- a few questions

Postby ChrissyCat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:11 pm

I have some questons for you ladies. In the past I have had 4 losses. Each time there was no heartbeat at my first u/s and I would have a D&C. Then I got pregnant with my son and carried him to term. He is 15 months old now and I am almost 5 weeks PG. Yesterday I started having some light pink spotting. Then it turned to red blood and I am still bleeding today. I had my blood drawn today to check my hormone levels. I won't have the results til tomorrow. I am fairly certain I am losing this baby because now I am having some cramping too.
My questions are- how long will I most likely bleed? How long will I still feel pregnant or do the symptoms go away quickly?
I don't know what's going to happen because in the past I have always gotten a D&C. This time it is naturally happening so I don't know what to expect. Sorry to ramble on here. And thanks in advance for any info!
Chris 44 Hubby 41 DS born July 12, 2008 DD 16 DSS 16 4 angels Little Sooner fan already! Image Bath time!! Image Image
ChrissyCat
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jadie_f » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:31 pm

I am so sorry hun, but dont give up hope. When I m/c at ~6 weeks i bleed for about 10 days, about 4 heavy, red and spotting after. However, I got preg again right away with this one and I had heavy bleeding 3 times early on, and all is well. So the bleeding itself does not mean its doomed, you can bleed for a lot of reasons. If you do m/c, please dont lose hope. You know your body can do it (your cute son is proof) and right after an m/c is quite fertile time, and it works for alot of people. Hope all is well with you now, T&P with you
Di Di Ci Ci
:hb: 10/19/09 :hb:
Jay Jay Nay Nay is here! Born au naturel in my CAR!!!
:hb: 4/26/11 :hb:

And for my next trick....surrogacy! BFP 5dp5dt! EDD 2/22!

http://mylifeisblindhope.blogspot.com/
jadie_f
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ChrissyCat » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:24 am

Thanks so much for answering me. I had a chemical pregnancy. When I got my beta on Thursday my hcg was already negative. I am still spotting a teeny bit but definitely not pg anymore. Looking to this next cycle for a sticky bfp!
Chris 44 Hubby 41 DS born July 12, 2008 DD 16 DSS 16 4 angels Little Sooner fan already! Image Bath time!! Image Image
ChrissyCat
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Pregnant After a Loss