A little bit worried about my 1st beta

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

A little bit worried about my 1st beta

Postby Legislady » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:01 pm

Well, got my b/w results...

Beta: 39 - 12/DPO
Progesterone: 41.5

I am a little worried...I really thought my HCG would be higher, but the nurse said she wasn't that surprised since I had tested yesterday morning and it was a BFN and then last night it was a BFP...plus I did my Beta not even 12 hours from the time I got my BFP. I don't know, maybe that doesn't mean a big difference and that's precisely why I am a bit freaked out.

For my last two pregnancies (although they ended in m/c) my numbers were:

Beta: 102 - 13/DPO
Progesterone: 50.4

Beta: 114 - 14/DPO
Progesterone: 34.9

See why I am a bit skiddish? Although come to think of it those betas were taken on later days so that could be why they were higher??? UGH!

I know, I know, it's all about the doubling and I will go on Tuesday a.m. for my 2nd Beta and that will tell a lot.

Please don't get me wrong...I don't mean to be ungrateful b/c I am thankful to God that my b/w confirms a pregnancy, but given my m/c history, I am so scared.

All I can do is offer it up to the Lord and pray, pray, pray.
Tracey {44} DH {43} DS#1 {8} DS#2 - {1} (Born 6/5/10) Angel babies (2)

VISIT MY BLOG:
http://traceysjourneytopregnancy.blogspot.com
Legislady
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Allfaith » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:34 pm

How are you? Your beta looks awesome. I just had mine at 11dpo and it was only 13. So imagine my shock. :roll: I got an uber faint positive in the eveing of 10dpo and a clearer line on 11dpo. Today it is darker but today is actually the first day I used concentrated urine.

I really hope your numbers doubled nicely and that you and baby are doing well. :kiss:

Edited to add GREAT BETAS!!!!!!!!!!
Allfaith
Friend

Postby jadie_f » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:24 am

never base any conclusions about the health or viability of your pregnancy on one beta, or even two. Mine was 26 at 11 DPO and 51 at 14 DPO (not quite doubled as you can see). I had an m/c right before as well and my beta was actually higher for that one. Now my baby girl is 2.5 weeks old, I know how hard it is early on but dont panic over numbers, they dont mean that much. GL
Di Di Ci Ci
:hb: 10/19/09 :hb:
Jay Jay Nay Nay is here! Born au naturel in my CAR!!!
:hb: 4/26/11 :hb:

And for my next trick....surrogacy! BFP 5dp5dt! EDD 2/22!

http://mylifeisblindhope.blogspot.com/
jadie_f
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss