A nice thought :) (xposted)

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

A nice thought :) (xposted)

Postby DoulaMama » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:46 pm

I was reading a wonderful book called "Baby Catcher"...I really rec. it to anyone interested in hearing first hand birth stories from a midwife.
Anyways, she was talking about miscarriages and mentioned what her 10 year old son told her....remember he was 10!

The midwife had an unexpected pregnancy a bit later in her life. She was devestated when that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.
Her son told her that she needs to have that baby....that she really should try and get PG again.
She thought that sounded crazy, as she had a busy career, 2 older children and hadn't even planned this pregnancy. (although, of course, that didn't stop her devestation when she lost her babe).
He went on to say that, that babe was a Spirit baby. He said the he, himself was also a Spirit baby. Right before she concieved her son, she had suffered her first miscarriage.

He explained it like this:
Every woman is surrounded by a certain number of unborn babes that are always with them.
If she losses a babe, that baby goes back to being a spirit but goes back to the front of the "line" because it's important that they be born.
When a woman concieves again after a loss, it's her Spirit baby....the babe that was meant to be with her.

This story struck a cord with the woman. She talked it over with her DH and they did indeed decide to TTC again...after years and years of thinking they were done TTcing.
She concieved her Spirit babe 1 week later.
That babe is now a grown teenager. :)

Anyways, that story really brought me a lot of comfort.
We had an early m/c 1 month before conceiving our wonderful DD who is almost now 2 yrs.
I have no doubt in my mind that we were chosen for each other.
We click on such a deep level.
This PG, we had 2 early m/c's back to back.
We conceived with this PG the following month.
I have no doubt in my mind that DD and the lil' bean growing inside me now are my Spirit babes.
Although they took a few shots to get here, they didn't give up.

I feel so blessed. :)
DoulaMama
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MochaMomma » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:06 pm

I actually thought about this when I got my BFP. Well actually a few days before. We had a loss in October and decided to honor our baby by giving him/ her a name and a burial. We decided on burying JJ in a brand new household plant, bought just for him/her. Well JJ's plant had been flourishing for all this time, and suddenly started to wilt on just one major limb. Around this time, I started noticing my pgcy sxs and just knew I was pregnant. When I noticed JJ's plant dying, I said jokingly to myself and husband, that maybe JJ's plant is dying because the life behind it has left and JJ was trying to come back to us. I know it sounds really silly because I know that JJ's spirit was in heaven, not in a plant pot, but for some reason, that's just the thought that came to my mind when I saw it. It's almost like JJ was trying to send me a message and used the wilting plant to catch my attention.

Not only that, but when my son was grieving JJ he told me not to worry because if I have another baby, it will be JJ coming back to us, so we don't have to wait till we all get to heaven to meet him. He told me that "the new baby might even be like one of those people that you would swear lived before" lol.... I thought that was an incredibly mind-blowing thing for an 8 year old to say, and kept it hidden in my heart.

I'm so glad you posted this, I now know I'm not the only one who has considered this!
ImageImage
MochaMomma
Addicted
Addicted

Postby DoulaMama » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh MochaMamma, how beautiful for your son to say that!
I am hearing of and reading more and more stories lately where it is the children that say this, just like in the story I posted.

How interesting about the plant too!

Congrats on your pregnancy! :)
DoulaMama
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby teenie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks Ladies for these beautiful stories!
I can't explain to you how powerful they are to me.

I had a m/c between my 2 DDs and I have always thought of my second DD as my special little soul.

I am pregnant again (only 5 weeks) and very very nervous. But I believe that there is at least one more little spirit floating around me waiting to be born. I hope this is it's time.

Bless you.
Thank you again.
teenie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss