Two Week Wait

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.
Post a reply

5 Weeks Pg after Miscarrying in Dec! Spotting...HELP

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Ladies,

I am so thankful to be back here...Though I am scared to death of miscarrying again.

I was 9 1/2 weeks pregnant Nov (28th)when I had some spotting and went to the ER.
They told me my baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I had no idea and still hadn't miscarried...I was given the option to do the D&C or the pills misoprostol. I decided the pill option which was awful. I took these on Dec 1

I had a regular cycle from Dec 31-Jan 8 (a little longer than normal) so we decided not to chart or really try. Closet o my next expected pregnancy my mind started to go crazy thinking the one time we had sex this onth could possibly be...so I did a test at 10DPO and it was positive!!

I was SOO thrilled. Then we went to the clinic and had an awful woman tell us- Of course it would be positive YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT these are hormones still in your body why would you even take this test! My hubby jumped in and said she has had a normal cycle.

The Dr wasnt listening to that. She sent me for blood tests to watch my levels come down again my results were

18DPO-780
20DPO-Around 2000
21DPO-Around 3100

On Wed right after I had the 2nd blood test I wiped and had a tissue full of bright red. It was only once I saw red and it was watery. Since then it went from brown (almost like end of period) to pink. I only have this when i wipe and check for it. I have not had anything come out onto underwear/pad etc. It has now almost turned to a yellowish colour. I am so happy to have this news but I have not been able to get happy because the red blood has scared me into thinking I am m/c

The NEW Dr at the clinic who has taken over for the other woman told me this could be that the baby has a small tear and wasn't implanted 100% maybe just a small repair and for me to rest all weekend. I have hardly seen anything but there is still colour there when wiping...any similar stories or advice from anyone!!!

Thanks, I am so happy to be back here but scared to death to be happy again...!!

Wishing you all the best in your pregnancies!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 am

Congrats on your new pregnancy :) and alot of people have spotting like you described and go on to have healthy babies.

I'm sorry the woman was so uniformed and insensitive it is the last thing you need to hear in a situation like that, but so glad your betas told her!

Have a H&H 9 mths!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:55 am

Lisa,

Thank you so much for your reply...It is all of you woman and your experiences and kind words get get me and each of us through these terrifying times!!

The bleeding has stopped however I still have no symptoms so I think I need to do the other beta because I worried my baby will stop growing. I am trying to just relax and let what will be, be but it is so hard especially after you go through a m/c.

All the best to you and your family!!

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Like Lisa said, MANY women have all different types of bleeding and spotting in early PG and all is fine. :)

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:50 am

Thank you so much/1 I find out my 2nd set of betas today so praying everything i ok...but I still dont have sore breasts or m/s so a little concerned :(
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend