I am scared...but am I being mean at the same time???

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

I am scared...but am I being mean at the same time???

Postby NisB » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:35 pm

I have a strange question... Please give me your suggestions and input.

I had a mc in Oct 09. I am now pregnant again, and very nervous. I am about 5 weeks today. I do not want to have sex with my husband right now. I am scared all of the motion, etc, will cause problems. I know that is not realistic, but I just want to wait 12 more days until I have an early U/S at about 6 1/2 weeks.

Am I being unreasonable? I tried to explain my feelings, and also asked how he felt, and told him I wanted to...but I just can't right now. He is in the other room, and is not talking to me. Am I wrong? I am sorry...I am a little emotional right now... hormones, Valentine's Day, my 1 yr old is away for the night with Grandparents (miss her).... and just a rough week.

He is uaually understanding, but I just don't know about this one. Any ideas?? thx.
NisB

Postby d1ehexe » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:00 am

I did not have Sex for the first 12 weeks , DH was ok about it and even after that I was nervous about it .

I think it's normal that u rather not want to do it right now , even if it's Valentines day and ur DD is at the grandparents .
Totaly normal to be worried till the first U/S and to see if everythings is alright , hope DH stoped sulkying and u two had a nice evening in the end .
Me:33 , DH:34 DS Ben ~ 05/02/10 DD Abbie ~ 10/11/11

Image Image
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. Alice Walker
http://meike-myttcjourney.blogspot.com/
d1ehexe
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shooting4fall » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:15 am

Your dh's penis isn't going to fall off from lack of use. I promise. If you aren't comfortable with sex, then he should just deal with it. I'm 18 weeks and from about 5 weeks on, my dh and I only dtd on Sat. We've gotten in a routine and it works for us (well me, he said he'd do it more, but he won't push it LOL).

I'm sorry he's being so sulky and making you feel bad. I hope he made it up to you .
Kelly (30), ~Dh (31), ~ DD1 (5), ~ DD2 (4), DD3 born July 12th, 2010 (her sister's 5th birthday)
Christian, epidural using, formula feeding, Pampers buying, working Mama who loves her girls very much

http://ohthatmomagain.blogspot.com/
http://365daysofbiblicalencouragement.blogspot.com
Shooting4fall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JennyBug » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 am

I'm so with ya on this. I've had many mc's and many fears. We bd this morning for the first time in WEEKS and I didn't even enjoy it bc I was so nervous!!! I think once we get through first tri. we'll be ok. Hang in there.
Me 37 DH 36 -- ttc #1 for 3 years
1 ectopic, 2 m/c @ 5 wks
IVF #1 - Cancelled, didn't respond to Lupron
IVF #2 - Antagonist protocol - BFN
FET #1 - BFP, m/mc 9 wks
IVF #3 - Antagonist protocol - BFP - born Sept. 2010
FET #2 - BFN
FET #3 - BFP - blighted ovum m/c
IVF #4 - BFP - u/s 5/3/12, HB = 130 bpm!, 1 baby, due 12/24/12 - IT'S A BOY!
JennyBug
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby DoulaMama » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I completely understand.
Although the rational part of my brain KNEW that no harm could be done by DTD, I was petrified to.
Then, when the m/s kicked in, that was the last thing that I wanted anything to do with...so needless to say, we are just getting back into the groove of things. ;)

Completely normal to feel that way. :)
DoulaMama
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss