9 wks and no heartbeat found....UPDATE

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

9 wks and no heartbeat found....UPDATE

Postby scarsmom » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:33 pm

I was 9 weeks and began lightly bleeding after I wiped last night after a normal day, called my Dr. and she had me have a U/S today. The tech had to do an internal U/S after not finding a heart beat. She found a gestational sac and a fetal pole but there was nothing in there she said. :(

So my question is, I am not bleeding, I only have just a tiny bit of brown spotting here and there, no cramps either....is this normal? The tech told me the dr would call and talk to me about a D&C (she hasn't called me yet), but I'm terrified of the procedure...is this the smart way to go or should I just keep waiting on the m/c to fully complete naturally?

My pregnancy with my 2yr old was a piece of cake and I never had amy problems, so this is very new and unsettling for me and my DH. :(

How long did you wait until you TTC again? I would love to try asap.

I just wanted to tell you all thank you for your time and support. I had scheduled a d&c after much time and thought, and still no signs of m/c,for the 14th. I ended up starting to bleed a tiny bit on the 12th and immediately after it stopped, I felt as though I was going to pass out. I layed down and rested and it continued until I woke up Sunday. It felt like a truck had run me over as well as feeling like I had the flu. I called my dr just to make sure I wasn't supposed to do anything special (thinking she would tell me I should just rest). After I told her my symptoms she admitted me to the hospital for an emerg-d&C because she feared I was fighting an infection. :( So, I am now healing and feel much better now that its all said and done. Thx again to all of you that wrote me in reply to my post. Prayers to all of you and happy healthy pregnancies to you. :)
Last edited by scarsmom on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
scarsmom
Friend

Postby Evermore » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:52 pm

This happened to me last september. I started bleeding about 10-11 wks... had teh u/s... sac but no baby. I let the mc happen naturally and it took about a week for it to fully begin. I have also had a D&C when I lost my first pregnancy and the D&C was quick and painless and it made it possible to move on faster and get started TTC as quickly as possible. It's a matter of personal preference but I think if I had to again (and I hope I never do) but I might opt for a d&c.

I am so sorry you are going through this. My doc said we could begin trying 3 monthslater. But I decided that I needed to make some changes and I lost some weight andn got down to about 10lbs from my goal weight and decided to start trying again. We got preggo on the first cycle!!

Evermore

Postby macleesy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry for your loss.

I too had a DNC for missed miscarriage at the beginning of feb, my scan was at 10weeks but baby was only measuring 6 wk 4 day with no hb. I am really really glad I chose the option of DnC. I was nervous, especially about any possible complications and pain/bleeding but it was really quick, easy and the most traumatic thing about it for me, was actually the associations surrounding the OR, and Connors C-section. Because I did a DnC they did genetic testing and found the baby was a wee girl who with trisomy 10, so would not have survived. In some ways this was strangely comforting.

Anyway my DnC - Hope this helps....

I went in early in the morning, about 7.30. I changed into the gown etc, they gave me the pills and I sat in a reclining chair cubicle for about 1/2 hr. Mild cramping, nothing that would have needed pain relief. Nurse came and took me to OR, climbed on bed, cried a bit, they put in iv, count backwards 10, 9, 8... out. woke up in recovery. felt absolutely fine, scarily happy and optimistic (want some more of those drugs!) listened to nurses gossiping around the other out-to-it patients, while they took my blood pressure. felt a few little gushes, ask nurse to check pad - no more than mod AF. After 30 minutes, taken back to my recliner for another 30 minutes, given a cup of tea, and sandwich. discharged about 2.5 to 3 hours after coming in. Felt a little bit yuck later that night, but took a few paracetamol and felt sorry for self. Bleeding lasted exactly 7 days, and never more than a mild-mod AF.

The only other thing to note is that my high risk ob suggested waiting 1 cycle to ttc after the dnc. I didn't listen and ended up with a chemical pregnancy. If, god forbid, I ever have to have another dnc, I will wait 1 cycle.
Lisa
Erin Nicole19 Dec 07
Annah Paige 2 Jan 11
Connor John 26 May to 7 Aug 09
My beautiful angel. :angel: So far from my reach, but so close to my heart.

macleesy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gianna2 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:59 am

I am so so sorry for your loss. It is so hard.
Last week I went in for a u/s because I had mild cramping. I was 10W4D and the baby had no HB and stopped growing around 8W. I chose to have a D&C and I'm really glad I did. It was quick and painless. It's been 4 days and the bleeding is very light, or non-existant. I had no pain at all afterwards. Every nurse and doctor was so nice and comforting. It was like they were my friends and I wasn't alone. My doctor told me I can try again after 1 cycle, which I'm counting down the days.
Gianna2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby irishsweetie2003 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:39 am

I had a blighted ovum... Carried it to 8 1/2 weeks.... I did a D&C... I did the procedure at the end of January.... I did my FET MArch 17th... St Patty's day....
DH:35&ME: 31 DS 12 DS 9 DS 1 ImageImage
irishsweetie2003
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kaw » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:26 pm

i found out at 12 week scan bub had died at 8 weeks.. got bub tested as it was DandC and no problem found which was frustrating :( anyway for me I have had both natural and DandC and although i had no pain and not much cramping with natural I would still go DandC..it was quick and even though i had to have an injection to stop bleeding i was still home that day.. took a long while to get over the emotional pain and doc wanted me to wait three months..i did and then got preg with Ethan..then waited a few months after natural and got preg with Liam.

I am sorry to hear this:(
Mum to two wonderful boys
Ethan(feb 2008) & Liam (feb 10)
Still missing my babies due 24/08/07 and 24/08/09
kaw
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss