pregnant after stillbirth.....anyone else???

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

pregnant after stillbirth.....anyone else???

Postby Tabithasmum » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi everyone i'm Laura and nervously pregnant after a fullterm stillbirth in october...would love some other angel Mummys to talk to!
Tabithasmum
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby smomj » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:13 pm

All of my losses were not full term, but I want to tell you that if you need to talk I am here. There is a wonderful group of women on this forum, they have all been a big help. :grouphug: Hoping we all have our healthy babies safely in our arms where they are meant to be.
Me: Darlene 34, DH: Damian 33, DS 08-94, DD 02-01, 6 angel babies, 97 cone biopsy, 2005 stage 3 endo, 2 lapo's, 07 freeze cervix.

smomj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby macleesy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:54 am

Hey Hun! Glad to see you here :) Don't get too disheartened but the loss section can be kinda slow over here, But there are some wonderful women :) If you have a look in the sticky - my angel brought me a rainbow, you will find some lovely Mamas of angels with the stories of their beautiful angels of all ages and if you want to post Tabitha-Rose's story please do, I'm sure they would all love to hear about your beautiful little girl.

Talk to you soon :) xx
Lisa
Erin Nicole19 Dec 07
Annah Paige 2 Jan 11
Connor John 26 May to 7 Aug 09
My beautiful angel. :angel: So far from my reach, but so close to my heart.

macleesy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lbabydustw » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:19 am

My losses have been early but I am REALLY scared, too. I am just trying to take one day at a time!
Laura

1 MC
1 chemical
DD born 1/7/11 *Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis @ 6 days old
IVF for #2-BFP 10 dpo
1st Beta = 187 @ 13 dpo (8dp5dt)
2nd Beta=1432 @ 17dpo
6w4d=TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lbabydustw
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lissa_ » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:51 am

My losses have all been first trimester and my heart goes out to you after your stillbirth.

I just wanted to say that my best friends daughter was stillborn at 41wks 18months ago and she has just given birth to a healthy baby girl.

My heart and prayers go out to you x
EDD#3 1/3/11 - High Risk Pregnancy
DD1 Oct 96 DD2 Apr 09
Hx: 1 ovarian ectopic, 3 m/c, MMC March 2010
Blood Clotting Disorder - Heparin & Aspirin Daily
Lissa_
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby nina6720 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Congrats on being pregnant again! I just found out I am 4wks, a long wait after a loss and lots of stress! I lost my first child, my son at 7 1/2 mo. in May. I am scared to death being pregnant, every little cramp worries me and I don't really have symtoms yet and that also makes me nervous. I know the Dr. told me stillborns are rare and hardly happen twice, but what about the miscarriages? I'm so stressed, how did you make it so far? did you panic too? I'm also upset because I feel I can't enjoy this pregnancy like we should.
nina6720
Friend

Postby Tabithasmum » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:36 pm

big hugs Nina......congrats on being preggers even though if you were like me thats the last thing you wanna here....you just want it to be over and have baby alive in your arms....someone on here i think was saying a pregnancy coma would be good and i have to agree.
Everyday is hard, every twinge , any amount of discharge (well pretty much anything that happens) makes me second guess and think that it is impending doom.....and there is nothing i can do. For me accepting this is out of control and that my daughters death was not my fault and was out of my control is all i can do. I was slightly relieved once i reached 12 weeks and past the early m/c risk (even though i know it doesn't really mean anything!)
Somedays i cope well others i don't. Every Obst appt, every scan is stressful too i expect to hear bad news. I don't think i can enjoy this pregnancy but again i've accepted and that's helped.
The people that i have told about this preg so far (and its not many yet-another dilemma you'll have to face:-) don't expect me to be Ms Positive so having them around has helped to.
I am sorry i'm not more help but you will get there day by day . I think for me the real stress will come as i inch towards the gestation my daughter was when she died.
Big hugs and keep in touch!
Tabithasmum
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lbabydustw » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:15 am

Nina-My losses have been earlier but still tramatic to me and my heart is still trying to heal. I am with you on not being able to let down your guard or enjoy this PG. I am HAPPY to be PG but that doesn't mean I am not scared out of my mind. You are justified in everything you feel, don't let anyone tell you differently. I agree with Tabithasmum, telling people will be very hard. I am at the stage now where I can't exactly hide my PG any longer and every time I tell someone I pray that I don't have to take those words back. Good luck to you on your journey. I pray that we will all be more successful this time through!
Laura

1 MC
1 chemical
DD born 1/7/11 *Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis @ 6 days old
IVF for #2-BFP 10 dpo
1st Beta = 187 @ 13 dpo (8dp5dt)
2nd Beta=1432 @ 17dpo
6w4d=TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lbabydustw
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nina6720 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks for the reassurance, I am now almost 7wks and everyday the stress seems worse, I started telling close family and I know what you guys mean, right after the words came out I thought well, I hope I don't have to go right back and tell them about another loss. Last preg was my first time and we were sooo excited, that was to be my last 4 wk appt and then every 2 wks, but that's when we got the bad news. What a let down. I don't think anything in life ever hurt so much! I always thought after 3 mo. you were safe in a pregnancy. Now I am waiting to pass 5 mo just to get past the m/c stage and then hope not to have another stillborn. The saddest part is leaving your baby and going home w/o him after such a long wait. I did everything I was supposed to do and I never got answers either. I'm sorry to hear about your losses, 38 wks that's terrible, you poor thing! Also a few m/c 's in a row, I guess you still kinda lose hope. I just hate how it turns into a "hurry up and be done," instead of "how great i"m pregnant!" Good luck w/ both of your pregnancies, I will keep you in my prayers!
nina6720
Friend

Postby Tabithasmum » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:25 pm

hows everyone going? any new coping strategies? its such a long road after a loss. Sending hugs and best wishes.
Tabithasmum
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby kb0420 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:54 pm

I just got my BFP today. I lost twin daughters at 27 weeks back in May of this year. It was the roughest thing ever to give birth to those 2 little angels and not hear them cry. We'll, I'm in for a scary 9 months ahead. This was our 2nd month ttc and I am still in shock that it even happened this early. I was expecting maybe by the end of the year. I wishing you all well and happy and health pregnancies...and praying for a healthy child sometime in June. I would also like to hear some coping strategies.
Karyn
DD - 9/4/08 :babyg:
Twin Daughters Born Still 5/21/10@27weeks RIP :angel: :angel:
DS - 7/14/11 :babyb:

kb0420
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Tabithasmum » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:29 pm

losing two babies at once must have been super hard .....big hugs..... will keep you posted about coping strategies i'm still learning/feeling my way. some days are really hard, others float by without too much worry- but the one sure thing is that time does go by and each day i am so grateful i am step closer to holding my beautiful new living baby.

In my head i thought once i could feel baby move it would reassure me but i've found it to be another source of anxiety-because if it doesn't move even for an hour i can feel the panic rise.

Ultimately though i think its about doing everythin you can do and then realising that some things are out of your control (completely different mindset to what we are all used to these days). I'm still working on this one though.

Hope this all makes sense...having issues with that lately LOL.

I wish you a happy, healthy and stress free pregnancy as possible, good luck.
Tabithasmum
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Shannon88 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:47 pm

I am the mom of a full term stillbirth and am also newly pregnant (about 9 weeks). I completely understand your feelings and I am petrified myself.
** Shannon **

Proud Submariner Wife to Eric 05/28/2005

Proud Mommy to Jeremy Ryan ~ born safely 08/03/2007 and Savannah Grace ~ born into Heaven 05/18/2009 & 4 MC Angels

http://www.savannahgracerenfro.blogspot.com/

Shannon88

Postby kosepusen » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:00 am

I gave birth to a full term still born baby boy in 2006. But, I have since given birth to a bouncy baby girl in 2009 - very healthy! Now, I am pregnant again :)
kosepusen

Postby rachelrhin0 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Congrats on your pregnancy. I didn't have a fullterm loss but close enough. I had a stillbirth at 32 weeks only 8 months after lossing my 4 month old daughter. Have you checked out the Miss Foundation. They are a pretty good forum.

http://missfoundation.org
Rachel (30) Wife to Ryan (34)
Carly (11/15/07-3/9/08 ) Hannah (stillborn 32 weeks 11/7/08 ) Noah (35 weeks 6/30/10)
Due in Fall 2012 Facebook Group

Follow me on YouTube!
rachelrhin0
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Pregnant After a Loss