Is there something wrong with me?

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Is there something wrong with me?

Postby smomj » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:43 pm

With my daughter and my son I was so in tuned with my maternal instinct by this point in my pregnancy, that it was scary. I would hear someone else baby cry and get that " Oh God! Help the baby" feeling. Kwim?

Today while I was in a baby store, I ran into someone that had a 3 week old little baby. He started fussing and instead of getting that urgency feeling, it was more annoyance than anything. Like make it stop crying already. I wonder if losing all of my pregnancies took a toll on me more than I know? I hope this changes soon. This is definitely not normal for me. :(

I also posted this on my Oct board, has anyone else ran into this after losses?
Me: Darlene 34, DH: Damian 33, DS 08-94, DD 02-01, 6 angel babies, 97 cone biopsy, 2005 stage 3 endo, 2 lapo's, 07 freeze cervix.

smomj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby number4ontheway » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Yes I feel the same way! I even get jealous when i see a pregnant bump but have to remember that maybe it was not easy for them to get that bump! Also crying babies can bring back those emotions for me anyways and maybe that is what you are feeling :( (((hugs)))
Me(Heather) 33
DH 34
number4ontheway
Star Member
Star Member

Postby nina6720 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:29 pm

I'm the same also, I lost my son at 7 1/2 mo. and right now I don't even want to see or hear babies. I feel like that is horrible, but I also feel like it was something so exciting and so close and I have to start all over again, and I have no kids yet so it's hard. I am 5 wks now, but the wait feels like an eternity since our little angel would have been a mo. old at the end of this mo. :(
nina6720
Friend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss