Nervous

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Nervous

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:53 am

I just got my first beta of 86 at 14dpo my first cycle of TTC after a mc at 8w3d in April. This number is a lot higher than last time around and I'm taking prometrium to help with progesterone issues that could have caused problems last time. I feel much better about things this time around and am trying to stay optimistic, but I'm still scared. I know that stress is not good so I need some suggestions on what helped you relax. At what point did you finally start feeling like you were "in the clear" and that it wasn't going to happen again?
Me: 28 DH: 30
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
8w3d :angel: 5w0d :angel: 4w3d :angel:
19w4d :angel: :angel: :angel: Triplets lost to IC 1/7/11: Cadyn (with us for for 20 minutes), Adalyn & Mikayla (born sleeping)

:hb: Our little miracle Mason arrived on February 22, 2012! :hb:

Expecting TWINS June 2014 after just one round of treatments! :shock:

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tabithasmum » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm

i still don't feel i'm in the clear! despite already seeing babies heartbeat on u/s twice.
I just tell myself i have no control over what will happen so there is no point stressing, and somehow accepting that helps me just take one day at a time, but i still have my moments!

((hugs))
Tabithasmum
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks for your response and I'm so sorry about your losses. DH keeps reminding me that we're doing everything we can and that it's out of our control at this point. I think I just need to take things one day at a time like you said and just be thankful that things are ok so far. Thanks again and I hope everything works out for you too!
HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby niclet » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:50 pm

I am struggling as well. I had an ectopic and I swore that once I knew it it was in the right place I would be fine....NOT! I think a loss is a loss not matter if it was a m/c or an ectopic because I have seen the heartbeat 2 times, I know the odds are great that we will carry this baby to term...yet here I am reading online trying to find comfort because I am nervous as well. I am on prometruim too. My Dr. reminded me that this is a major cause of many m/c. When you are on that...you are good unless there is a genetic issue and in that case, the baby would be sick. Good luck and remember....if m/c we the "norm" none of us would be here. Carrying to term and having healthy babies happens more than m/c.
My DD at 11 weeks 3 Days. I love this US pic!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
niclet
Angel
Angel

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:21 pm

:sob: Thanks ladies, but I think my fears are coming true. My HCG dropped today so they are worried that this is another mc or possibly an ectopic. I'll get another beta draw on Friday and should have some more answers then. If it drops, I'll stop the prometrium and we'll look into getting some testing done to figure out why this is happening. I'm so scared and can't believe this is happening again.
19w4d :angel: :angel: :angel: Triplets lost to IC 1/7/11: Cadyn (with us for for 20 minutes), Adalyn & Mikayla (born sleeping)

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby smomj » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:23 am

I have a huge history of early miscarriages. The difference with this pregnancy verse the others was the prometrium daily but they also have me on a low dose asprin therapy. It was a shot in the doc but so far this little one is hanging in there. Don't get me wrong, I have been walking on egg shells since the beginning of this pregnancy. I will feel so much better when she is out and breathing on her own.
Me: Darlene 34, DH: Damian 33, DS 08-94, DD 02-01, 6 angel babies, 97 cone biopsy, 2005 stage 3 endo, 2 lapo's, 07 freeze cervix.

smomj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Well it looks like this is going to be my second loss. Last time was a little after 8 weeks and this time is about 5 weeks. I'm already taking prometrium vaginally twice a day, metformin, and baby aspirin. My insurance company is willing to pay for testing for recurrent miscarriages even though this is only my second loss. What kind of questions/tests should I ask for? What else could do you think my RE might recommend doing next time around? Thanks for any input.

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss