My m/c baby was due today (xpost from Nov)

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

My m/c baby was due today (xpost from Nov)

Postby NinaBear » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Today is the due date for my m/c baby, who I lost at 7 weeks on Christmas Day last year. Not the easiest day emotionally-speaking, but my husband was there for me and together we made it through.

Every August 13th moving forward (starting with this one), we're going to make a donation to a local non-profit organization that helps families who have lost a baby or young child pay for burial and memorial services. It will give us a chance to honor the child we lost in a positive way that helps others.

It feels strange to think that I would have had a newborn right now, and that I wouldn't have my November baby if his sibling had not returned to Heaven.

To my baby: Knowing you, and then losing you, has taught me so much about life. You helped me realize my emotional issues and gave me the courage to enter therapy. You strengthened my relationship with your father and gave us a chance to demonstrate the depth of our love for one another.

You gave me a newfound appreciation for your beautiful sister. You helped me to value my physical health so that I no longer take it for granted. You taught me that life is unpredictable and to see each moment as a gift.

Your life was short, but the impact you made and the lessons you taught me will live on in my heart forever. Thank you for choosing me to be your Mom.
Me: 26, DH: 27, Emma: Born 10/9/08, Brendan: Born 10/30/10

http://thriftymomnina.blogspot.com/
NinaBear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss