1st u/s done, saw hb.. why am i still scared to death?!

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

1st u/s done, saw hb.. why am i still scared to death?!

Postby AngelaD653 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 am

I cant stop freaking out.. everytime i feel cm or any kind of wet i get scared!
every little pinch or gas cramp... EVERYTHING!!! its making me crazy!!
is this a sign of what they call mother's intuition that something is wrong? or is this natural for getting PG again the cycle after an early m/c??
Anyone else going through this or has been through this?
When does the fear ease up? when will i really be able to enjoy this pregnancy?

It makes me sad because this may be the last child we have, and i dont have that innocence to enjoy it like i did before. I would really like to enjoy and remember this pregnancy with happy memories (God willing everything turns out ok) :praying:
Expecting our Rainbow baby #3. :)

AngelaD653
Star Member
Star Member

Postby zohbeeeee » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:18 am

I had a MC in June and know how you feel. I was so on edge those first weeks and was pretty sure I was going to miscarry. I am now in the 2nd trimester (as of today) and still a little nervous. It lessens each time i see the baby in ultrasound. I go to the OB again Wednesday and am going to insist on one so I know the baby is fine. After that I think I will be okay.

Just rest assured that once you see the HB you have a 90% chance of NOT having a miscarriage. I think another milestone that helped me relax some was getting the NT scan at 12.5 weeks and hearing the great news that the baby looked fine. I think the longer you make it in the pregnancy the better you will feel.

Goodluck.
zohbeeeee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopefultime » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:25 am

I know exactly how you feel...I had a m/c in June.

I'm almost 15 weeks now and I still am an obsesive toilet paper checker!

It really does lessen over time but I'm not sure if it will go away. I realised that I was concentrating on "preparing" myself for the worst just in case it happened. Now I'm tryng to concentrate on the good stuff becasue that's just a likely to happen too! I'm not saying it's easy and I do it all the time but I think thinking happy/good things can't hurt a jot and won't leave me feelign fretful!!

Hope you feel more reassured/hopeful soon xx
Me (30 ) DB (30)

BFP May 21st 2014

DS
DD

June 25th 2010 :angel:
June 25th 2012 :angel:
Hopefultime
Star Member
Star Member

Postby OS1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:17 am

I also had a m/c in June and it was rough. Got pregnant and had 2 early ultrasounds. One at 5w 4d and one at 7w 2d for dating purposes and to make sure it was a viable preganancy. After that it was a little rought for me because I wasn't going to get another ultrasound until 18 weeks.

What made me feel better is getting out of the first trimesters since I had a loss at 9w 2d. Then once I was in the second trimester I still worried, but got a doppler and was able to find my little mans heartbeat starting around 11 weeks.

Now that I feel movement I can say that I no longer worry. I started feeling consisten movement at 18 weeks. I no longer use my doppler and I can say I feel good.

It does suck that our innocense gets taken away when we experience a miscarriage. But know that it does get better and all you have to do is pray and try to relax. I've made it this far with that alone so I know you'll be right there to. Thinking about you and hoping that you feel better!
'Quawn

3/31/11 Milton III, 8lbs 12oz
ImageImage
09/05/06 7lbs 5oz
OS1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby abgil » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:15 am

I had two early miscarriages before my daugher was born. At first, I worried all the time. It does get easier as time goes by. I would have moments where I would enjoy the pregnancy, and then moments where I was terrified. It got a whole lot easier once I started feeling her move, but I would panic on days that she wasn't as active. I borrowed a doppler from a friend and it helped me so much. The truth is you will probably have times where you worry the whole pregnancy, but you will get to a point where you are enjoying it more than worrying about it.
abgil
Star Member
Star Member

Postby HappyGoLucky » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Last night I stayed up from about 2:30 till about 5 am upset because I was sure my pregnancy was over.. I was sure that they would find no baby on the 3rd when I have my first scan.
Thing is I know it's not healthy and I need to relax but after a blighted ovum at 6 weeks and 3 other early losses in 3 1/2 years it's really hard to just trust it will be ok.

All I can say is you're not alone, I feel your pain.
HappyGoLucky
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kb0420 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:08 pm

:grouphug: I'm right there with you. I'll be glad when we get to the movement stage again so that our little ones can reassure us.
Karyn
DD - 9/4/08 :babyg:
Twin Daughters Born Still 5/21/10@27weeks RIP :angel: :angel:
DS - 7/14/11 :babyb:

kb0420
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Momof4_andNOmore » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:43 pm

It really, truly does depend on you. I had a loss at 7 weeks back in April last year. I didn't find out I was pg until I was 6 weeks as the tests were negative and I had my "period" on time, but the extra long bleeding (9 days instead of 4/5) made me test again.

Well, we tried and tried to conceive after that, and I got pg in Nov. I was SOOO scared, and then I made it to the second tri and had no worries really. I felt movement at 13ish weeks...

I lost Joe at 17 weeks in February. This pregnancy, well, I'm still nervous- and I have a scheduled section in 2 weeks. I've signed documents to have a tubal after this, BUT if anything detrimental were to happen to cancel that immediately. I will never be able to shake the feeling that SOMETHING could go wrong. I'm a pretty pessimistic person though, so my experience would be more negative than most I guess. Dunno.

I hope you can shake the feeling. It's a really sucky thing to experience a loss and then have to fear from then on.
Momof4_andNOmore
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mommyofgirls » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm still a toilet paper checker......and at different angles to make sure there isn't the slightest bit of color :roll: I don't think once you have a loss the horrible feeling of something going wrong ever leaves.
Michele: 32 Dh:31
:babyg: 3/16/1997
:babyg: 7/7/2006
:babyg: 1/3/2009
:angel: Angel:1/16/2008 via D&C @ 9.5weeks
BFP:August 10th 2010 9/3 :hb: 131 11/22 :hb: 146
:babyg: My LOVE: Ella is here! April 8th,2011 7lbs 5.8oz
mommyofgirls
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Heather32 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Well this is my second pregnancy after a loss and as you can see by my post I am still scared. I do agree with PP's that each time you pass a milestone it gets a little bit easier.. :grouphug: I check the TP too...even though that was not a symptom I had from my previous loss...Anyways 1 day at a time..hang in there :)
Heather:33 DH:36 DS (6) 11/04 DS (2) 2/09
DD (Brand New!) 8/7/11 8pds 4oz 19 1/2in.
:angel: 04/07 (14wks) Rest in peace sweet angel baby
ImageImage
Heather32
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss