Feeling sad and scared :(

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Feeling sad and scared :(

Postby monesue » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:03 am

I had a miscarriage around this time last year and was so excited to finally get my BFP just before New year. I have been testing everyday amd lines have been getting steadily darker. Then on fri and sat and this morning the lines seem to be getting lighter. I think it's all over. I'm in the uk so there's not much I can do re blood tests and ultrasounds unless I was bleeding. I don't know if I can handle another m/c. I am feeling so low after feeling so thrilled to think I was finally going to get my baby. :(
me - susan (33) OH- Paul (34) DS Nicholas (5)

monesue
Angel
Angel

Postby cordy79 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:18 am

Hey hun, It must be terribly hard but line darkness on a test really is enough to mess with both your hormones and your head. I know its WAY easier said than done but chuck the test as they are only going to make you feel this way and right now you need a little positivity. A line that is lighter or hasn;t got darker DOES NOT mean you are going to miscarry but i know you know this.

Its how it makes you feel when you see it, you hope for reassurance yet the lines just make you feel worse. There's only so dark lines are going to get before they won't get any darker anyhow,different tests have different ammounts of dye in them as you know. I'm in the UK to, talk to your GP and get him to send you to early pregnancy clinic at your local hospital, I know you're very early on so they may not send you just yet but they may be able to get an idea from a vaginal probe if it's too early for normal ultrasound.

As soon as I told my gp I had tummy pains which I did have cramping they sent me in in case to rule out an ectopic, I would be suprised if they refuse to send you in. I had slight spotting as well and have had some bleeding since. I wouldn;t want to tell you to outright lie to them but see your gp tell him how you feel and im sure they would help you, they're not ogres, and my gp understood for my own health let alone the babies it was sensible to send me in to check. Just make yourself heard and go in and see the gp xx I'm sure all is ok but I know how much some real reassurance would help you right now xx
Kyle James finally arrived 26/06/2011 6 lbs 3oz by emergency C section. xx
cordy79
Star Member
Star Member

Postby OS1 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:42 am

What the pp said!

I know it's hard but at some point you're going to need to put down those test and try to take in that you are pregnant! I know it's hard experiencing a miscariage and getting pregnant I had a miscarraige in June and got pregnant the following month. I questioned every single move and was scared. I put down the pregnancy tests at 5 weeks (not using them every day). I just prayed and thought about the outcome of it all. I also got a home doppler I was able to start using at 11 weeks. Once you feel fetal movement how often you use it will usually taper off.

If you are concerned call you doctor and voice them. I'm sorry about what you are going through and know that you are not alone. There are plenty of ladies on here that have had your worries, concerns, and anxiety about the situation.

I do want to say congratulations to you!! Heres to a happy & healthy 9 months!
'Quawn

3/31/11 Milton III, 8lbs 12oz
ImageImage
09/05/06 7lbs 5oz
OS1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby monesue » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi, Thank you for replying and for the reasuring words. I think I will go and see my gp tomorrow. He knows the struggle i've been through and he might be sympathetic. He wasn't working when I went in last wed and the doc i did see wasn't very sympathetic to my anxiety. I know that it's a waiting game and only time will tell but just hate that I can't trust my instincts. I thought it was going to be ok last time but it wasn't and now i'm just not sure what to think and scared to be positive in case it is bad news. I am going to stop testing though - pee sticks all used up and no going to waste any more money (although I did order some on ebay last week and they are due to arrive tomorrow-not sure I have the self-discipline to not use them!) I just want to be able to relax and enjoy it. Maybe I should give acupuncture a go....
Susan xx

monesue
Angel
Angel

Postby monesue » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Started bleeding today. Can't believe it's over before it's really begun - again. Going to give IVF a shot in feb/march. Thanks for the replies ladies and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

monesue
Angel
Angel

Postby OS1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
'Quawn

3/31/11 Milton III, 8lbs 12oz
ImageImage
09/05/06 7lbs 5oz
OS1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby zohbeeeee » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:41 pm

So sorry for your loss. I went through a miscarriage in June and know how consuming the loss is. Please rest and feel better.
zohbeeeee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charese » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Susan,

I don't know if you're still on the boards or not, but we just m/c yesterday... well actually going to have the d/c on Friday. I was 9wks 4days yesterday when we were shown on u/s that baby stopped growing at 7wks. It is hard to deal with. Hoping that we can try again in a few weeks. My OB said we can about 4-6wks after this Friday... just to give my body time to heal since my body hasn't naturally m/c at all yet.

Hoping you are feeling better.
Charese (36) Hubby (34) DD (10 1/2) DS (2 1/2)

Angel Babies: 2/14/11, 6/17/11

Our 3rd:

132 :hb: 8w 3d
175 :hb: 11w 3d
154 :hb: 19w 6days
150 :hb: 25w 2days

ImageImage
Charese
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss