Due date for the one I lost is this weekend

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Due date for the one I lost is this weekend

Postby zohbeeeee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:53 pm

I have been feeling a little bummed this week. The due date for the baby I lost in June is this weekend. I was only 8 weeks at the time of the D&C, but it was still devastating none the less. Thank goodness I am now 17 weeks pregnant, but I have been a mess this pregnancy with anxiety. I also just found out today that a good friend on another board lost her baby at 11 weeks. Just following along with someone else's pregnancy, and then seeing it end tragically is hard to bare right now....especially this week.

Thankfully I can feel my baby move now, so that helps a little.
zohbeeeee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby OS1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:12 pm

I understand what you're going through. I lost my baby in June as well and I just passed my due date. In fact I got a phone call today from the marine base. (They offer to send a nurse over once your baby is born, weigh them, answer questions, etc). She asked if I had my baby yet and I said no he is due in April. She tells me for some reason we have you written down January. The tears started rolling and I told her I had a miscarriage over the summer. She then said how is coping with that going. My answer was simply that it got easier once I hit my 20 week mark but it was still hard. Man, did that make me sad. Believe me when I say the anxiety will go away even more when you start to get tons of movement. At times I still think about what could be right now, but blessed that I'm carrying a healthy baby boy. I hope you feel better soon and know that you're not alone. :hugs:
Last edited by OS1 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Quawn

3/31/11 Milton III, 8lbs 12oz
ImageImage
09/05/06 7lbs 5oz
OS1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby zohbeeeee » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:55 am

You story is so much like mine. Thanks for sharing. I don't feel so alone now.

It's weird that I miscarried in June and am due again in June. The other weird thing is that my son was also born in June. Kinda wondering what is up with that month...all my pregnancies seem to end.

Sorry you had to have that phone call. I imagine it was very rough. It does make it easier that we are now pregnant. I can't imagine this time if I wasn't.
zohbeeeee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HappyGoLucky » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:55 am

Bless your heart.. If you didn't have one moving around in your belly I'm sure it would be even harder (not that it isn't hard!).

A few years back I had a MC at 7 weeks, a man that I worked with (who didn't know I was pregnant, luckily enough I hadn't told anyone at work) announced (while I was still bleeding) that his wife was pregnant with their first and due just a few days off from when I would have been due. I wanted good for him but it hurt SOOO BAD, I mean I could just sit and groan from the emotional pain. Their baby was born happy and healthy (and I'm really glad for them) but it hurt every time I saw a baby picture knowing that's how big mine would be now.. (he left the company about a year ago and it's crazy but I'm glad, it was really hard dealing with that)

Really tho I don't think the pain ever goes away we just learn to deal with it better.
HappyGoLucky
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Heather32 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:15 pm

***HUGS**** the due date and loss date are really really hard..and like PP i dont think the pain ever goes away...it just gets a bit easier to cope with over time. I understand how much pain that phone call brought.. I had signed up for a bunch of new baby things and would get them in mail or emails with updates ..I had to go and unregister myself...Also I was in maternity wear already so I had customers (banking regulars) asking me all the time how I was feeling and when the baby was due...anyways I get the pain and I am sorry that you are having to experience it :( Congrats on your current pregnancy and getting to feel that babe move around :)
Heather:33 DH:36 DS (6) 11/04 DS (2) 2/09
DD (Brand New!) 8/7/11 8pds 4oz 19 1/2in.
:angel: 04/07 (14wks) Rest in peace sweet angel baby
ImageImage
Heather32
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mommyofgirls » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 am

That's a toughie many HUGS! I was very pregnant on my EDD as well and it was still very difficult and I was depressed the entire month. I'm sorry. Keep to the postive stories.
Michele: 32 Dh:31
:babyg: 3/16/1997
:babyg: 7/7/2006
:babyg: 1/3/2009
:angel: Angel:1/16/2008 via D&C @ 9.5weeks
BFP:August 10th 2010 9/3 :hb: 131 11/22 :hb: 146
:babyg: My LOVE: Ella is here! April 8th,2011 7lbs 5.8oz
mommyofgirls
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lilbwitty02 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:45 pm

I feel your pain :( Our EDD for our lost baby is Feb 14th. I am SO dreading it. Such a lovely holiday, forever tarnished. And our m/c happened on 4th of July. 2 difficult holidays for us. It really is hard, but take comfort in your beautiful baby to-be
lilbwitty02
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss