Should we try ... now or next month?

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Should we try ... now or next month?

Postby Charese » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:07 am

I had my d/c last Friday 2/18. I had horrible cramps on Saturday - yesterday and bled on all of those days. It felt like a really bad/heavy period. I probably went through 3-4 pads a day (sorry, tmi). I passed THE LARGEST clot I've ever seen in my life, last night, called my OB and he said that was normal and that the bleeding now should subside and the bleeding should slow up significantly.

Well... it has. I am happy to report that today, there is no cramps, no bad headaches, no bleeding. Just a spot here and there. He said, if anything, all of that should subside completely at best by this Friday, just 2 days from now.

I have my follow up appointment next Friday, Mar 4, which is where he'll check things, make sure my cultures are normal and check that hcg's have gone back to under 5. This is also the appointment whether he'll tell me I have the green light to start trying again or not.

Something tells me, I'll get the green light. But now, I'm so afraid that a m/c, blighted ovum or something might go wrong with the next pregnancy. Is it normal to think this way? I want a baby with DH again, (our 3rd) as badly as he wants one and am just praying that things will be fine. I've heard of ladies conceiving again right away, and some it took time.

I'm just really hope that this time, will be no problems.... would my chances be better if I wait, or should I go for it if the Doc gives us the green light? Should I wait?
Charese (36) Hubby (34) DD (10 1/2) DS (2 1/2)

Angel Babies: 2/14/11, 6/17/11

Our 3rd:

132 :hb: 8w 3d
175 :hb: 11w 3d
154 :hb: 19w 6days
150 :hb: 25w 2days

ImageImage
Charese
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby zohbeeeee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

I would go for it. I got pregnant the 2nd cycle after my miscarriage. It did however take me 2.5 months before I had my first AF.

It will be a little scarier when you do get pregnant again. I remember being convinced I was going to miscarry this baby the entire first trimester. Since entering the second and getting great numbers with the screening and a great structural ultrasound, those fears have pretty much vanished.

I wish you all the luck in the world and am so sorry for your loss.
zohbeeeee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby OS1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:43 am

I also say go for it if that's the route you're wanting to take. This is my pregnancy after my miscarriage and no af. I was also scared when i got pregnant again, but I think if I would have waited 1 cycle or 3, I would have been equally scared. Losing your baby takes your innosense away, but believe me. At some point you will take in everything!

Good Luck to you lady and continue to pray!
'Quawn

3/31/11 Milton III, 8lbs 12oz
ImageImage
09/05/06 7lbs 5oz
OS1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charese » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:46 am

Thanks ladies! OSI, (What is your name?), I remember you telling me that in another post and email and I have been holding onto that since you told me. Actually, there were like 6 ladies that PM'd me last week with the same kinds of stories and that gives me SO much positive vibes and hope. DH said that he'd be ready to rock and roll if I am, and MAN, it was SO hard not to do anything this morning. I had stopped bleeding yesterday afternoon and I'm just wearing a pantyliner now... He said it was hard for him to resist too, but he wants to wait until we get the green light next Friday the 4th. So we're going to refrain at least until then, but let my OB say go to it next week, geeze it's ON!!

Do you think I should start using OPK's, starting this weekend, at least to test for my surge everyday?? What do you think. One girl told me that she literally ovulated 9 days after her d/c. Tomorrow will be 7 days from d/c... and I know usually, even though technically this isn't a cycle, the body doesn't know any different and most women WILL ovulate 2-3 weeks after a d/c. Since we were told that there's no real reason to wait as long as everything looks good and healthy, then why wait? I just know that last time we actively tried and got pregnant in December from the 1st time of actually trying, I had to use OPK's because I never ever feel myself ovulating anyway... I barely even have cramps during my periods, so I wouldn't even know when I'd be releasing.

Thoughts?

Our 3rd:

ImageImage
Charese
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby OS1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 am

It's 'Quawn! Like you, I also don't know when I'm ovulating. So my only hope after my miscarriage was to use OPK's. I've seen a few women on several forums that ovulate anything between a week to 4 after a misccariage. For me it was 3 weeks 4 days. To be honest we BD every other day just to be on the safe side. Plus theres never anything wrong with that! :) When I did use the OPK's I did have to test in the morning and evening. If I hadn't I would have missed my first surge. That Saturday monring it was clearly negative and that evening positive. I used the digital OPK because the other one was to hard to figure out if it was actually positive or not.

In my opinion if they give you the green then go ahead. I got the green and was told that trying right away would be okay. If your body is ready, it's ready.

Oh, I'm glad you got the email! Wasn't sure if you did. If you ever have any questions or just want to talk you can pm. :hugs:
'Quawn

3/31/11 Milton III, 8lbs 12oz
ImageImage
09/05/06 7lbs 5oz
OS1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charese » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:30 am

Cool! Thanks 'Quawn! I sure will. I'm excited! Actually, I can see in DH's face that he is too!! Although we were devastated by our loss, we are so terribly excited to be trying again! It's like kids in a candy store!! And I'm with you on the digital OPK's... I got the clearblue easy ones w/the O or smiley face. My sister told me the same, about testing twice a day. That's how I found my surge back in December. At first I was testing just once a day after AF, in the mornings. But then the following week, when the calendar said I was supposed to O the week of Christmas (all calendars showed that I would O on Dec 24), something told me to test twice a day on that Wednesday, based on reading an article THAT DAY that said it was best to test twice a day so you don't miss your surge! Literally, every day prior to Dec 23, I tested mornings, EXCEPT on Wednesday Dec 23, which I tested the morning 7a (negative) and then that afternoon 4pm (Positive!)... and as soon as DH came home at 6:30, we dtd and I took another OPK just to make sure it was still positive and it was negative!! THAT QUICK~

So thanks for reminding me to do twice a day. I'm going to start testing tomorrow. I have 30opk's from CBE, so I should definitely catch it if I am to O within the next week.

I cannot wait!

Our 3rd:

ImageImage
Charese
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby djdebz » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:34 am

I had my D&C on the 10th Feb 2010 and got pregnant the following cycle so it can happen quicker than you think. Just go for it, good luck :wink:
Me- 33, DH- 38 Married for 8 years
DS- 4, DD- born 16th Oct 2011
:angel: 8w 10th Feb 2010
:angel: 21w3d 11th August 2010

djdebz
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby angeevans86 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:10 am

Personally after my miscarriage I had the most awfull heavy clotty period, so bad that I thought I was losing again, I would reccomend you have one AF just to get everything back to normal but obviously that is your decision.

Good luck with whatever you decided and hope to see you back soon :D
Me- 25 DH - 34 TTC #1 with PCOS since June 09, Angel baby 10w 2d 27/9/10.
BFP 9DPO 16/1/11 - 17/05/11 - U/S ITS A GIRL!!!!!
:hb: 165 @ 10 weeks 6 days
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker[img]
angeevans86
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Pregnant After a Loss