Pos. Hpt after missed m/c...how long does this go on for?

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Pos. Hpt after missed m/c...how long does this go on for?

Postby bilson » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 am

http://www.twoweekwait.com/community/mo ... c&t=174138

Sorry I have posted this in several other forums....please offer me some advice :(
Me - Stephanie (34) DH - Dave (33), married since Aug. 2007, together since 2000
Image (Apr.4/11 - 5w5d)

DS (Ewan) - born April 14, 2012, 7lbs, 21.5 inches and perfect in every way!

Baby #2 is on the way!!
bilson
Angel
Angel

Postby leelobdell » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:27 am

I'm sorry for your loss :cry: I don't have any advise to give, but I didn't want to read and run. I hope everything works out for you.
<div>Image </div>
leelobdell
Star Member
Star Member

Postby monesue » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:23 am

Hi Bilson, I'm really sorry you are going through this and I know exactly how much you just want all this to be over. I had the same problem last year and it took ages for the bleeding and hormone levels to go down.

I hope you did make the phonecall this morning because you really shouldn't have to endure this longer than you have to. I bled for almost 10 weeks and my numbers took almost the same length of time to go down. The docs kept saying just give it 2 more weeks. It turned out I had a cyst that had to be removed but my suspicion was that there was still some pregnancy left for some time.

It's awful when it seems it's never going to end but the good news is that the bleeding will stop. You need to speak to the doc and voice your concerns and be VERY proactive about it because believe me when I say that docs can be slightly too nonchalant about m/c in my opinion. You won't be able to start healing emotionally until this is all over.

I hope you get some answers and that your ordeal comes to a close so that you can start to heal and move on xxxx Kup we're here for you xxx
me - susan (33) OH- Paul (34) DS Nicholas (5)

monesue
Angel
Angel

Postby bilson » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Thank you soo much monesue for your response! I really appreciate all your comments. I did in fact speak to the nurse today and she said that I will be referred to an OB. She told me that I will hear back from the OB or them tomorrow with an appointment. If I don't hear back, I will definitely be calling them AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN - until I get some sort of resolution.

I was advised by the nurse today that I will likely have to either take meds or do a D&C, as my betas are staying constant.

Any advice on this choice would be great too??
Me - Stephanie (34) DH - Dave (33), married since Aug. 2007, together since 2000
Image (Apr.4/11 - 5w5d)

Baby #2 is on the way!!
bilson
Angel
Angel

Postby bisnono » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:24 pm

I am SO sorry that you're going through this and so sad for your loss. With my missed MC, I chose medication over waiting for a natural loss or a D&C. My doctor told me with a D&C, there was a chance of scar tissue developing and I just didn't want to risk that.

The medication was not the quickest and although I had decent pain meds (prescription advil plus percoset), the contractions were painful, but I really felt an emotional connection to my baby at the same time which was somewhat comforting and I felt it was the last thing I could do for it, but it was still difficult. I think a D&C emotionally would have not been easier per se, but would have gotten me to the point of dealing with the loss more quickly.

Again, I can't tell you how sorry I am. Hoping to see you again on these boards very soon.
me~38
dh~37
TTC our first since July 2008
3 losses prior to 8 weeks
First visit to RE October 2010. One round of Femera in November (BFN).
**Surprise** Natural BFP April 4!!!!!
Beta 1 - 57
Beta 2 - 200
Beta 3 - 1681
Beta 4 - 7740
6wks - HB 102
7 wks 4 days - HB 163
8 wks 4 days - HB 183
12 wks 5 days - HB 158, doc guessed BOY
17 wks 2 days - confirmed BOY!

Our Christmas miracle arrived December 15, 2011! Welcome Paul Preston!
bisnono
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bilson » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:46 pm

bisnono - thank you for your story and I am sorry to hear that you had to go through this...:(

I think I am going with the same option. Approx. how many days recovery did you have after taking the meds? Did you take time off work?
Image (Apr.4/11 - 5w5d)

Baby #2 is on the way!!
bilson
Angel
Angel

Postby zohbeeeee » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:07 am

So sorry for your loss. I can't offer much advice as I had a D&C. I only bled a couple of days however it took 2.5 months until I got another period. I did end up getting pregnant again the cycle after that.

You are in my thoughts.
zohbeeeee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby monesue » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:06 am

Hi, I had a D&C as well. This was years ago - 2004... I remember being crampy and bleeding for a few days. I believe I got my period the following month.

My mum had a few d&c's she had 5 m/c before my brother! All at diferent stages. She managed to get pregnant pretty quickly after each one...

I think a D&C is over quickly and you can start trying again if that's what you wanted to do. The meds are a more natural process but think it all takes a little longer....

Good Luck xx
me - susan (33) OH- Paul (34) DS Nicholas (5)

monesue
Angel
Angel

Postby bisnono » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:51 am

With the meds, I did take time off of work not only for the physical aspects, but emotionally I was so griefstricken that I could barely function.

TMI WARNING for info below

I passed quite a bit of tissue, had heavy bleeding and passed the tiny tiny baby in the sac (about the size of a blueberry) within 36 hours of starting the medication. Bleeding carried on for another week after that. It was not a fast process, but I think emotionally it allowed me to bond with my baby and then let it go because that's what I had to do. I was 8 weeks at the time, but the baby was only about 7 weeks in size, just to give you an idea of how far along I was.

END TMI

Thinking of you. I've been through 3 losses and am now very cautiously expecting in December, with my first ultrasound tomorrow at exactly 6 weeks. I've pretty much decided that being anxious isn't helpful and that I'm doing everything I can for my baby, so all I can do is have hope. I can promise you will get through this, and although nothing can every replace the baby you lose, you'll also come out the other side knowing that you're stronger than you thought you ever could be.

Good luck - hoping to see you back here soon.

Sara
me~38
dh~37
TTC our first since July 2008
3 losses prior to 8 weeks
First visit to RE October 2010. One round of Femera in November (BFN).
**Surprise** Natural BFP April 4!!!!!
Beta 1 - 57
Beta 2 - 200
Beta 3 - 1681
Beta 4 - 7740
6wks - HB 102
7 wks 4 days - HB 163
8 wks 4 days - HB 183
12 wks 5 days - HB 158, doc guessed BOY
17 wks 2 days - confirmed BOY!

Our Christmas miracle arrived December 15, 2011! Welcome Paul Preston!
bisnono
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bilson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Sara - thank you so much for you information...it was very helpful. I also really appreciate your kind and thoughtful words. You truly are a strong woman to go through something so awful 3 times.

I am thinking sticky thoughts for you and this pregnancy :) Good luck with your first u/s!

thanks also to monesue and zohbeeeee - your prayers and thoughts are most welcome and I appreciate hearing about your experiences. I am very sorry for your losses.
Image (Apr.4/11 - 5w5d)

Baby #2 is on the way!!
bilson
Angel
Angel

Return to Pregnant After a Loss