Going to try again.. looking for advice.

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Going to try again.. looking for advice.

Postby trevorsmommy2 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:11 pm

So I'm not technically PG YET. we lost our son in March.. but we are ready to start trying again to fill that space we made in our lives.. How did you ladies deal with the nervousness and such about being PG after a loss? I went through every step of pregnancy with my last one - so I don't have a "Safe point" to look forward too. We found out he had died the day before my scheduled induction, at my final checkup at the OB office. I ended up having him the same day I was scheduled to - just with a different outcome. I'm so excited to start trying again.. but yet so scared. Just looking for some advice or encouragement from you ladies who are facing the battle. :)

(And I just want to stay I'm sorry for anyone that has to have an angel in Heaven.. definately not fair.)
Me: 29 (Nicole) :love: DH: 31
DS#1: 6.4.05
DS#2: :angel:@ 39 weeks. (3.11.11)
DD#1: 3.16.12
Image Image
trevorsmommy2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby zohbeeeee » Mon May 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Yours is such a sad story. I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and have finally stopped worrying a bit. Your story reminds me that the worrying never ends.

I lost my 2nd baby at 8 weeks last June. It was a horrible experience coupled with a bad D and C experience. I got pregnant about three months later. I worried throughout the first trimester and really did not settle down until I felt baby moving consistently. Now at 36 weeks she is constantly re-arranging my insides. I sometimes complain about it to DH, but I am really happy that she hurts me so much. I know she is doing well. Times when I don't feel her move for a few hours I start to worry all over again.

Your stillbirth situation is about as bad as it gets. I can't really image what you have gone through. When you get pregnant again it will never be the same as it was the first time when you were naive as to what a loss feels like. I won't lie...you will worry alot. Especially in the first trimester. But you will get through it.
zohbeeeee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bisnono » Tue May 31, 2011 10:04 am

Just wanted to give you some hope...

A friend of mine survived a devastating stillbirth two days before her due date and went on to have 4 healthy miracles. In fact, the baby she lost and her 4 live births were ALL miracles because her husband had survived a cancerous brain tumor before the stillbirth, but was told after chemo he would be sterile. Her loss and her 4 surviving children proved the doctor wrong! :D

Sometimes life takes you places you never expect to go and things happen to you that you wish never happened, but every now and then, you get the surprise of your life and it's just wonderful. Those wonderful moments are worth hoping for, worth dreaming about, and worth reaching for, even when the odds aren't in your favor, when the doctors say the news isn't good, and you know you're risking another heartbreak by trying.
me~38
dh~37
TTC our first since July 2008
3 losses prior to 8 weeks
First visit to RE October 2010. One round of Femera in November (BFN).
**Surprise** Natural BFP April 4!!!!!
Beta 1 - 57
Beta 2 - 200
Beta 3 - 1681
Beta 4 - 7740
6wks - HB 102
7 wks 4 days - HB 163
8 wks 4 days - HB 183
12 wks 5 days - HB 158, doc guessed BOY
17 wks 2 days - confirmed BOY!

Our Christmas miracle arrived December 15, 2011! Welcome Paul Preston!
bisnono
Star Member
Star Member

Postby littletsunshine » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:12 am

Im sorry for you loss. I delivered my son at 28 weeks due to clotting in the placenta. I never got to bring him home. I had wondered the past two years while ttc how long I would worry because I worried the whole time with my son. Honestly all ive felt at 4 weeks is ecstatic joy. Granted Im only at 4 weeks but something in me decided I was going to enjoy this time and be happy. I honestly worry less than the first time. I thought I would be in panic mode the whole time myself so definitely a surprise. I hope you are successful in ttc again soon, and that you don't have a heavy heart through the next pregnancy (hug).
8W4D Baby A 179 :hb: 1.80CRL
8W4D Baby B 167 :hb: 1.71CRL
6W5D Baby A 128 :hb:
6W5D Baby B 120 :hb:
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
littletsunshine

Postby mrssamona » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:10 am

Take it one day at a time... It is out of your control.. I did that and "tried" to keep a positive attitude.. Our 1st daughter was stillborn at 22weeks - I got pregnant with Madison 2 months after!! Ask for more ultrasounds and make sure they treat you as high risk that really helps ease up the worries... I'm now PG with DD #3 and I still worry!!! If you ever need to talk PM me!! and praying for a quick BFP and happy healthy baby!!
Nicole - 31
DH (Randy) - 34
DD - Sofia Bella 8/13/11 3lbs 15oz (35w6d)
DD - Madison Claire 4/20/09 4lbs 15oz (37w3d)
DD - Isabella Claire 6/20/08 Born Still :angel:(21w2d)

Sofia Bella
mrssamona
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss