Unplanned PG after Blighted Ovum

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Unplanned PG after Blighted Ovum

Postby Mariabug » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm new here, so hello to you all, ladies!

I'm 33 and I have a wonderful 7 year old DD who was a real challenge as a newborn/toddler, and last October DH and I finally got up the nerve to try for baby number 2. I got pregnant easily and had my first OB appt at 12 weeks. I work in L&D so I had done several u/s myself to look for a heartbeat and was never able to find one. I kind of thought it was a blighted ovum, but then I would tell myself that our machine was just probably too much of an antique to see a HB transabdominally. And I had every pg symptom in the book and my quant was high, and those things were reassuring. But of course I was right--it was a BO. At 13 weeks I took Cytotec to pass the sac, on December 27th.

After that, I bled for three months and finally took two weeks of Provera to get my cycle regular again. I did get a one day period one week after stopping the Provera. That was on April 21. Then on June 1, I had another one day period. DH and I had sex on June 9, but I thought that I would be safe because I shouldn't have O'd until June 15. I was hoping to TTC in a few more months.

So yesterday I noticed that I was having some peculiar symptoms. Nausea, frequent urination, sore breasts. And of course the test was positive. I can only guess conception occured on June 9 but I guess with how irregular my cycles are, it could have happened before that. I am cautiously optimistic but I don't want to go through another m/c. I have an appt on July 19, and I'm going to try to sneak a peek with our u/s at work.
I'm just hoping to hear some encouragement or similar stories that ended well. Thanks and looking forward to getting to know you all!
Mariabug

Postby kb0420 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:43 pm

First off, sorry for your loss and congrats on the new pregnancy!! I never had a blighted ovum but I've had some losses. I lost a set of twins last year that were stillborn and then 5 months after that I had a chemical pregnancy the month prior to my current pregnancy. Needless to say, this one has been going well and I'll be giving birth any day now. There's no exact science to it and you never know what can happen, all you can do is pray for a happy outcome. I hope this is the baby that you'll bring home and you have a non-eventful 9 months to come. GL
Karyn
DD - 9/4/08 :babyg:
Twin Daughters Born Still 5/21/10@27weeks RIP :angel: :angel:
DS - 7/14/11 :babyb:

kb0420
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Pregnant After a Loss