Trying not to, but I am...

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Trying not to, but I am...

Postby carolmccarthy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:47 am

Nervous! I can't help it. I try so hard to not think about what happened before, but every little thing I feel, I think m/c. Am I crazy? How do I keep my mind off of m/c and feel confident with this pregnancy? I mean, I feel good, but I can't shake the nerves. My AF should of been here tomorrow and I just pray I don't see blood. My tests have been getting darker and I got an early + and that was all the complete opposite from last time. Sorry so long..just had to let it out.
Me: 29 DH: 28 DS: May 8, 2013
Furbabies: Yahoo & Google

carolmccarthy
Angel
Angel

Postby MamaDoula » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:49 am

I totally, totally relate.
We have had our fair share of early m/cs. I am so nervous. I have had brutal back pain come and go this time and I am convinced it's because I am going to m/c again.
I am just trying realllllly hard to stay positive. To remember that what will be, will be - and my worrying about it isn't going to change the outcome.

GL to you!
I hope we both have sticky beans and get to hang around the May DDC!
MamaDoula
Angel
Angel

Postby cordy79 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:04 am

I had the most horrendous back pain at 5 weeks and thought the same as yourself hun. I dont think the worry ever left me throughout pregnancy, the only time it stopped was the moment he was held up after c section delivery. then I worried about problems outside the womb instead lol. Its hard to stay positive and to feel so helpless that its out of our control but chins upxx
Kyle James finally arrived 26/06/2011 6 lbs 3oz by emergency C section. xx
cordy79
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MamaDoula » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:10 am

cordy79 wrote:I had the most horrendous back pain at 5 weeks and thought the same as yourself hun. I dont think the worry ever left me throughout pregnancy, the only time it stopped was the moment he was held up after c section delivery. then I worried about problems outside the womb instead lol. Its hard to stay positive and to feel so helpless that its out of our control but chins upxx

Thank you! SO glad you baby boy is doing well.
Thanks for the encouraging words
MamaDoula
Angel
Angel

Postby carolmccarthy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:34 am

I'm glad I have someone like you, Mama, around for support. That's all we can do, is support each other and pray that everything will be okay. It's normal to feel how we feel. I know that. We just need to have faith. Keep me posted hun:)

carolmccarthy
Angel
Angel

Postby mommycac » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:21 am

I feel the same way. I lost a pregnancy very early this past April. I was so excited to be pregnant and the loss hit me hard. I also had a late positive (very very light line) after missed period. This time around I got a strong positive 2 days before period was due and I imagine it would have been positive days earlier had I had the courage to test. As mentioned, we unfortunately have no control over these types of circumstances-the only control if any is to remain positive and calm. Worrying isnt going to change anything, that is what I always tell myself when I feel as though I am falling into the negative thought pattern.

I hope this is it for all of you and I also hope that we all find the strength to be strong and learn how not to worry so much.
mommycac
Angel
Angel

Postby MamaDoula » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:00 am

carolmccarthy wrote:I'm glad I have someone like you, Mama, around for support. That's all we can do, is support each other and pray that everything will be okay. It's normal to feel how we feel. I know that. We just need to have faith. Keep me posted hun:)

Ditto!
MamaDoula
Angel
Angel

Postby carolmccarthy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:08 pm

How are you feeling today??? How's your back???

carolmccarthy
Angel
Angel

Postby MamaDoula » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:56 am

Back is feeling ok now (knock on wood!)

How are you feeling?
MamaDoula
Angel
Angel

Return to Pregnant After a Loss