Baby Book Dilemna

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Baby Book Dilemna

Postby Shannon88 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:24 pm

So, I have 16 days unti my c-section and just realized that since we haven't bought anything, I might really want to have a baby book. I am scared out of my mind after my last loss at birth, but I have a feeling I will REALLY want those hand and footprints that I never got with Savannah. What do you think?
** Shannon **

Proud Submariner Wife to Eric 05/28/2005

Proud Mommy to Jeremy Ryan ~ born safely 08/03/2007 and Savannah Grace ~ born into Heaven 05/18/2009 & 4 MC Angels

http://www.savannahgracerenfro.blogspot.com/

Shannon88

Postby bisnono » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:03 am

I think buying a baby book is a wonderful idea. I can understand your apprehension, but we don't live in the past - we CAN live in THIS moment. I got around buying a baby book myself for our little baby by instead registering for one, and received it from family as a shower gift. I've gone through it slowly and have started to complete some of the entries. It's actually been really healing, and so wonderful to be writing down my little guy's family history so that he'll have it to enjoy when he's grown.

You'll never forget your daughter, and creating a baby book for your impending arrival may be as comforting for you on some level as it has been for me. I'd highly recommend it. This new life you're carrying deserves all the celebration of any other baby, and then some.

The loss of a baby is something you'll never fully heal from, but we can remember the joy we had from our little ones in the short time they were with us, and in doing so, we honor their memories.

Sending you hope and healing.
me~38
dh~37
TTC our first since July 2008
3 losses prior to 8 weeks
First visit to RE October 2010. One round of Femera in November (BFN).
**Surprise** Natural BFP April 4!!!!!
Beta 1 - 57
Beta 2 - 200
Beta 3 - 1681
Beta 4 - 7740
6wks - HB 102
7 wks 4 days - HB 163
8 wks 4 days - HB 183
12 wks 5 days - HB 158, doc guessed BOY
17 wks 2 days - confirmed BOY!

Our Christmas miracle arrived December 15, 2011! Welcome Paul Preston!
bisnono
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Pregnant After a Loss