A little crazy

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

A little crazy

Postby armywife1980 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:44 pm

I had an early m/c last yr at 5w3d and am now expecting again. I'm so flippin uptight. I've made it past the 5w3d mark but still don't feel any sense of relief. I have these stupid things I do to try and make myself feel better. Ex.. I started bleeding same day I found out I was preggo last yr, so I tried to be all psyched about making it past 24 hr mark of finding out or making past the mark of when I m/c last time. I'm so superstitious though. The day I m/c a friend of mine went into labor and had her daughter. I ended up watching her 1yr old and 2 yr old while she delivered. Talk about salt in the wound. So, today I hit 5w4d and my other friend went into labor early this morning. I went into total checking tp overdrive b/c I just KNEW it was bad juju for me. Kinda like a dejavu type thing. What the heck is wrong with me and when am I going to be able to relax? I've had 3 kids (set of twins) previous to the early m/c and I know m/c are common, so why am I sooo freaked it's going to happen again? I have better odds of having a healthy pregnancy but yet I can't stop being the superstitious ninny just waiting for the shoe to drop.
Brandie (33) DH (32) Twin Boys (15) DD#1 (11) DD#2 (1yr)
Alyssa Marie 7/20/12 @ 7lb 11oz & 21in long
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby punkykittysexpecting » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:15 am

first off, HUGS!!! i know how you feel! i was the same way with my dd after i had a miscarriage before having her. i lost my baby at 11 weeks 6 days.. and even though that day came and went and everything was okay with dd, i still was checking the tp for any signs of blood or whatnot. with this pregnancy i did the same thing. even with having a healthy pregnancy before it. the worriness never goes away once you have had a miscarriage. so many things in your mind just keep going. there's always the what if's at the back of your mind.
try to relax and take it easy as best as you can. i know its better said than done. but hang in there momma!
kristen (25) single momma to:
DD: Lillianna Jean (1.19.2011) // DS: Lucas Alan (1.2.2012)
CDing momma!! :)
punkykittysexpecting
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Patty411 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:08 am

I totally know how you feel and I wish I had some advice about not worrying. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and well past the points my previous miscarriages occurred. I'm still anxious and probably will be the rest of my pregnancy. I guess that's what happens when you've experience how things can go wrong. Right now I'm trying to enjoy those moments when I'm not anxious, like when I'm playing with my 3 year old, or when I have an ultrasound or hear this baby's heartbeat.

Wishing you all the best for this pregnancy! :hugs:
Me: 38 DH: 40
DS: Born August 2008
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: m/c May 2010, Sept 2010, Jan 2011 and Aug 2011
Expecting a baby girl in May 2012! :babyg:

Patty411
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armywife1980 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks for the kind words. DH thinks I'm a little obsessed b/c I'm constantly looking things up on the internet about sxs and development at this stage. It's been so long since I had my other kids that I forgot what it was like to pregnant and every little twinge gives me pause. I hope having an u/s and seeing a hb will help alleviate some anxiety. I'm so excited to be having another child and this is going to be the last pregnancy either way it goes. I'm fortunate to be blessed with 3 already and will not put myself or my husband through multiple m/c. I'm adopted and DH mentioned doing that after my m/c. Well, I feel a little better now. Thanks guys:)
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby punkykittysexpecting » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:20 pm

i do have to say that seeing the lil bean on an ultrasound gives a lot of relief to things. the worriness always remains there, but it lessens. and esp once you hear the heartbeat, there's no sound like it. buy a doppler if you think it will help with the nervousness. i would have, but i didnt have the money to get one at the beginning of either pregnancy recently. but it does give a sense of peace to a lot of angel mommies.
kristen (25) single momma to:
DD: Lillianna Jean (1.19.2011) // DS: Lucas Alan (1.2.2012)
CDing momma!! :)
punkykittysexpecting
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armywife1980 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:52 pm

I just might look into one of those. I'm sure I would feel a lot better between visits if I could hear that little hb to assure me everything is okay. I wonder if you can rent them lol. I have an awesome stethoscope from nursing school so once I get far enough along I can use that. I really like this forum b/c I vent about my anxieties and not feel like a neurotic freak so much lol. People who haven't been through a loss don't understand and all I keep hearing is "It'll be fine" "Don't worry so much". I know they have good intentions but all they can offer is sympathy and I don't need that. I need people who can empathize b/c they've been there. I'm glad I've found that here. I just love tww site. This is the best group of people I've met on the internet.
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby nanette78 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:01 pm

I too am pregnant with a "rainbow baby" , I lost my last little guy at 21 weeks. I'm only like 5 weeks now, so I plan on waiting a while until I share the news to my family and friends. I have the same doom feeling though that you ladies have shared. I just don't know when it's safe to tell people. Being that this is my 5th pregnancy I will show earlier this time, which I almost always start pooching out at about 8/9 weeks. Not sure how long I can keep it a secret. ha ha ha But gonna try for as long as I can. ;)

Madison Rochelle- born 2/5/2002
Andrew Lee-born 2/15/2005
Makenna Alisa-born7/25/2007
Dylan Matthew- born @ 21 weeks and grew wings
nanette78
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby armywife1980 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:10 pm

So sorry for your loss. Losing a baby is devastating, but I can't even begin to imagine losing my LO so far along. I'm finally starting to relax since my last u/s and seen my LO jumping around and perfect. I know I'm by no means safe but the odds are certainly in my favor at this pt and I'm trying to keep that in mind. I finally went "public" at 11w5d after my u/s. I just couldn't contain it anymore:) Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Pregnant After a Loss