Low heart rate?

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Low heart rate?

Postby moonbeam_5 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi there,

I am seven weeks pregnant today after losing our first pregnancy, and sweet daughter, to a fetal demise at 21 weeks in October.

So far, everything seems to be going well, but at our first ultrasound yesterday, the baby's heart rate was 108. Isn't that low? It was my understanding that it should be between 120-180. They told me I should get a phone call next week, but I can't help but be nervous.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Did things end up ok? Badly?

I don't know if I'm extra paranoid because of our loss, or just because I think that is low in general. Either way...hopeful that things work out. Thanks for any input/stories/advice!
moonbeam_5
Friend

Postby Cinder4320 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm also pregnant after a loss (two consecutive). My doctor did not measure my heartbeat until baby was over 8wks. I think it was for the exact reason that people often worry. I know early on it can be low. When is your next appt. or scan? I'd expect to hear a higher Hb then and chalk the first low one up to being so early. Good luck!!!
affordable, trendy cloth diapers http://www.firstcoastfluff.com
Like us on FB http://www.facebook.com/FirstCoastFluff for specials and deals!

Due Nov. 4th 2009...Arrived Oct. 25 2009
Due Aug 31 2012...Arrived August 16 2012

m/c January 2011 @~6wks
m/c July 2011 @~8wks

ImageImage
Cinder4320
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby cbhattarai » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:29 am

I would say that better go to the checkup. I am month pregnant and doctor has suggested me to change on my diet plan.
cbhattarai
Friend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss