So scared, test lines lighter today

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

So scared, test lines lighter today

Postby believer2012 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:07 am

It's been 7 months since our m/c and we started getting faint lines about a week ago. A couple days later confirmed with a digi. I have still been taking tests everymorning to see if the line gets darker. The past few days have been a good solid pink line, not as dark as the control line though, and then this morning my test is a little lighter. Then I took a frer and it is super light! What does this mean? I go to the doctor on Monday so I have a couple days to wait and I am so scared this means I am losing it.
believer2012
Friend

Postby cordy79 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:37 am

Easier said than done but step away from the pee sticks hun, they've served their purpose now, its very common to hear your scenario with a line getting lighter etc or not darker than you hoped to see, it just causes panic which doesn't help at all, so, many keep peeing looking for that reassurance that the lines better or darker or whatever only to find themselves in a right state when they dont see what they thought they would line wise.

Theres lots of reasons for pee sticks seeming lighter than others or different brands being differing shades of pink or blue etc, if we're not worrying over lines we move on to worry that our symptoms have stopped or our boobs aren't as tender etc etc which also doesn't tell us anything since as thats pretty normal for them to come and go or change.

Nor Lighter lines or lesser symptoms are a way of knowing you are or aren't going to have a successful pregnancy they just drive you mad worrying that it must mean somethings wrong. Chin up hun I know its hard as we will always find something to panic or worry oveer, i had no idea just how stressful it could be at times as I had several episodes of spotting/bleeding awful tummy cramps changing symptoms where i was sure it was over. Then it was viability I fretted over praying each day got me nearer to 24 weeks, then incompetent cervixs, lesser kicks from baby, the list goes on lol

I honestly felt there was no way I would have a take home baby at the end and right until my son was shown to me as they C sectioned and got him out did I believe I would actually have my baby in my arms. Gives me goosebumps still typing this. Just wanted you to know youre not daft or silly we all go through our little ways throughout pregnancy and try to take it one day at a time. Pregnancy was so full of worry I don;t know how i managed to get through it each time an issue came out, but i would go through it all again a million times for my son. He is worth everything pregnancy chucked at me. Hes almost 8 months now xx
Kyle James finally arrived 26/06/2011 6 lbs 3oz by emergency C section. xx
cordy79
Star Member
Star Member

Postby believer2012 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks so much for your reply, it made me feel better and it touched me hearing you talk about your miracle. I believe that God blessed us to conceive this baby, and am trying to find the faith to believe that everything is fine because He is in control. It's just after our last experience, it is so hard. You honestly think that everything is okay? It's great to hear from someone who has already went throught it, and understands what is going on. Thanks again! God bless
believer2012
Friend

Postby cordy79 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Thats the thing with pregnancy, what will be will be (really helpful I found during pregnancy :roll: ) and theres nothing you can do about that (took me a while to figure that out and believe it lol)

What I did manage to do was to take a deep breath if something wasn't feeling right and try not to fall apart, at times i sat sobbing in the loo having wiped and seeing some blood on several occasions, it really broke me down. I realised my partner watching me go through those moments couldnt bare seeing me in pieces at every dodgy sign i could fine etc and that he needed to know i could do this, afterall if something had happened the thought of going through the turmoil all over again was not exactly the top of the list if that makes sense if I kept emotionally crashing, I had no control as such over the outcome but I could take each day at a time right up until Kyle was placed in my arms. I know that the above isnt easy to do but thinkinbg that way allowed me to feel that bit stronger though the worry was just massive, nothing would have changed that, it felt like a never ending countdown of pregnant days at the time but shockingly looking back things went so much faster than I had realised.

Should we be blessed enough to concieve again i know it will be the same nervous rubbish worrying time, I just know now that thats actually more normal than I had realised and that miracles DO happen so theres no reason why they cannot happen to me, Kyle wouldn't be here if that wasn't true I feel. Every second of that worry was worth that moment, the moment I was sure I would never see, I will picture and hear that moment he cried, the moment I looked into his gorgeous eyes for the first time and realised I had done it. I was a Mummy. We dont have the power to know when and if all will turn out ok but we can have little miracles of our own so why shouldn't you have yours hun, keep strong and focused its all worth it xxxxxxx
cordy79
Star Member
Star Member

Postby believer2012 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:18 am

I woke up bleeding this morning, so I guess that's what they call a chemical pregnancy. Please pray for me and my husband as its hard to deal with thinking we were pregnant for a week and being so happy and then all that is gone.
believer2012
Friend

Postby cordy79 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 am

How far gone approx do you think you are hun? What sort of bleeding are you having or have had (colour, just when wiping or enough to get on aa pad etc)?

My bleeding coincided almost when my period should have been due (some inbetween that turning from brown to bright pink when wiping), 5 weeks, 8/9 weeks and 12/13 weeks. My midwife had mentioned I may find that happens where hormone levels are lower and waiting for the placenta to take over hormone production at around 12/13 ish weeks. Of course there are other causes ( i was soooo constipated early on giving me horrendous cramps and cervix aggravation from straining.. apologies for the too much info but thought id mention something else cause wise I found out) but I was convinced it was miscarriage for sure. Please update when you've been to the Drs tomorrow, you are in my thoughts as I know how distressed you must be feeling but hold in there hun xxxxxxx
cordy79
Star Member
Star Member

Postby believer2012 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:10 am

I would have been 5 weeks tomorrow. I am sure it is a chemical pregnancy. I am cramping and bleeding just like af. I don't think we will be going to the dr now because my test this morning was hard to see anything. There's nothing they can do except tell me that it's over which I already know. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
believer2012
Friend

Postby aplusv » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:58 pm

I hope you guys don't mind me lurking.

believer2012, I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. That's rough and my thoughts are with you.

I found this tread because I was looking for comments around spotting/bleeding.

cordy79, like you I've had bouts of unexplained spotting (no cramps):
7.5 weeks - pink, one wipe
8.5 weeks - brown, couple of wipes
9.5 weeks - great/perfect U/S
10 weeks - bright red, one wipe (due to BM, I think)
10.5 weeks - brown, one wipe (left over from BM issue, I think)
11 weeks - great/perfect U/S
11.5 weeks (today) - pink, couple of wipes

It's enough to drive me insane with worry.
12/31/11 BFP -- 09/10/12 EDD
aplusv

Return to Pregnant After a Loss