streaks & lighter HPT at 5 weeks

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

streaks & lighter HPT at 5 weeks

Postby RunswithWolves » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:32 am

I am shaking in my boots! I'm five weeks along and three days ago noticed a strange loss of all my symptoms followed by diarrhea. The next day I had some of my symptoms back (fatigue, nausea, bloated etc) but not as strong as they were before. I test every morning with a FRER at around the same time and 11DPO - 17 DPO saw the test line get darker and darker until my 19 DPO line suddenly appeared lighter. This morning at 20 DPO the line was marginally lighter than 19DPO. OMG I'm fearing the worst and especially since I saw some pink streaking on TP this afternoon. I can't have a beta done until tomorrow morning and the follow up is two days after that. I feel like melting into a terrified puddle right now, I had a miscarriage two months ago at 13 weeks and I can't help feeling all the old horror creeping in.

Please, has anyone had POSITIVE blood results after spotting/fading tests?
RunswithWolves
Friend

Postby leelou » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Hello there! Please stop panicking I know it's hard but there is no point in stressing right now when everything could turn out to be ok.

When I was 5w6 days I started spotting, I booked in for the doctors the very next day, she took my levels and told me to come back in two days, during this time my symptoms since about 5 weeks had suddenly decreased, I had less of everything practically no morning sickness and I was suddenly feeling normal again, I bled red and brown for the next two days, I went back and had my second levels taken, she told me that my first level was around 32,000 which was surprisingly high and she expected it to be in the hundreds because of the bleeding, when Monday came around I rang and found the my level had increased to 52,000 and the doctor was happy with my results. I am now neatly 8 weeks and still have bleeding on and off, symptoms come and go and I even took a pregnancy test which was stupidly lighter than my very first test I took! I found out that as your hcg increases the test only picks up to a certain limit, so I did an experiment and diluted my pee wi water... Sure enough the test came back darker! How weird is that!? So moral of the story, testing is for the early stages, once you know your pregnant never rely on a test to give you answers because it can only detect so much hcg to a certain level! Get your levels taken and I will be praying for you :) keep me updated!
leelou
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

HPT almost negative

Postby RunswithWolves » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:19 am

Thank you for the encouragement. Unfortunately this isn't one of those exceptions. HPT this morning was so light it was virtually negative. My pregnancy symptoms are all gone. I opted not to get the BETA done right now because it will just add to my stress. I've accepted it as a CP, had a good cry and will try again next cycle.
RunswithWolves
Friend

Postby leelou » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:53 am

I don't think you should rely on the test, but it is obviously your decision. I hope that you do get a beta done though, in case everything turns out to be ok. I'm really sorry that you're going through this emotional roller coaster right now, I understand how hard it is xxx
leelou
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby RunswithWolves » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Yes, you're right -- my midwife said I needed to do it. She said they need to make sure the levels are dropping appropriately and that I'm not at risk for complications. Anyway, all three HPT I've taken today are nearly negative (first signal, first response, clear blue) and I even diluted pee to see if I qualified for the mysterious hook effect (nope, totally negative).

I would feel arrogant to pray for a miracle when this ended badly for so many ladies. This post had a lot of views and hardly any responses. :( I am far too realistic to imagine I'm in the very very small percentage of women that would still have viable pregnancies after losing their positives and symptoms a week after a missed period.

I always wondered how many BFP on TTW were viable. When they've confirmed my blood results I'll post an update under my Early Pregnancy Symptoms post.
RunswithWolves
Friend

Postby leelou » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:39 am

Hello, I'm glad you decided to get your levels checked. I know that you must be going through a lot of heartbreak right now, did you hear back from your midwife? I tried looking for your early pregnancy post but couldn't find it anywhere x
leelou
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby RunswithWolves » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:22 am

It's over, I miscarried a couple days after my pregnancy tests started fading. The first beta was only 24.
I doubt hcg ever made it over 300.
Unfortunately my instinct has been right every time. :(
RunswithWolves
Friend

Postby leelou » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:30 pm

I am so sorry :( how are you feeling? I can't even imagine the emotions you must be going through right now xx
leelou
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby RunswithWolves » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 am

Thank you, it just sucks. There's no better way to describe the disappointment and disillusionment. Everyone tells you "don't worry, it'll be fine" but your instinct says otherwise and there is no innocence or joy after losing two in a row.
I'm mad that the midwives and doctors keep saying "you've just been unlucky, keep trying" when I want them to run more tests. I don't qualify for tests since I haven't had 3 or more miscarriages since we started trying.
I'm going to a new GP to ask for a thyroid panel to be run and I started a low dose baby aspirin to counteract any potential clotting or antibody disorder that might have caused these two m/c. I also started on zinc, extra folate, B complex, fish oil, C, D, magnesium and calcium. I'm mad that the false reassurances keep coming from the professionals who act like losing pregnancies is an every day occurance that doesn't merit investigation.
I'm just sad, frustrated and scared to "keep trying" as the doctors insist.
RunswithWolves
Friend

Postby waitingtobemommy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:59 am

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35, DS: 1.5 via FET after IVF treatments

Owen Matthew born 1/17/13!!
Surprise natural BFP for #2: 8/3/14!!
#2 is a GIRL arriving 4/2/15!!

waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:50 am