Ectopic Experience

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Ectopic Experience

Postby Shew34 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:30 am

Hi all -

I was diagnosed with an eptopic pregnancy yesterday at 6 weeks, Beta 1980+. I haven't had any spotting/pain, just rising, but not doubling Betas and an u/s that showed nothing in my uterus. I was given the methotrexate shot and have an appointment next week to monitor my hcg levels.

I was just wondering if anyone has had an experience like this - how much damage did the pregnancy cause in your tube, how long did you wait to TTC again and how long did it take you to get pregnant? If you had an HSG test done, how long after getting the shot, did you receive the test?

With all my previous losses, I just can't believe I'm going through this now.
DH - 35
Me - 33
DD :baby: - 9/1/09
IVF #1 - April/May/June 2013
Frozen embryo transfer 6/11/13, BFP 6/17/13

:angel: - July 2008 5w4d
:angel: - Sept 2008 5w3d
:angel: - June 2012 10w
:angel: - August 2012 4w5d
:angel: - Ectopic September 2012
:angel: - Suspected ectopic Feb 2013

Shew34
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Ectopic Experience

Postby orionslight » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:29 am

sorry for your loss. i havent had a tubal pg, but i did lose a tube due to major surgery. i have had 4 babies since that point, and i did have an hsg after my surgery. but it was only on the remaining tube. again i am very sorry to hear about this, and hope this is minorly helpful.
Baby Ireland born 4-18-14 healthy and happy :)

Joining her 11 brothers and sisters
Loss July 2015@ 11+3, girl
Loss June 2016@ 13+5,boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Ectopic Experience

Postby niclet » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:13 am

I just want to tell you that I am sorry! I have been where you are. For my 1st pregnancy, I had an ectopic..."suspected". I say that because my levels never got above 350 so they would never have been able to see anything in the uterus anyway. I was treated with Methotrexate. It was not bad. The worse part was that they gave me the injections wrong the 1st 2 times by not splitting the med into each butt cheek. Therefore, my levels did not begin to drop until the 3rd shot. Once it was given correctly, the numbers dropped and I was fine. Sadly, we were not able to get pregnant for over a year after. I am not sure why. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We ended up doing IUI and it worked in the 1st session. I have been pregnant 2 times since without IUI....I am pregnant right now! You can and will have a baby! Try to stay strong. Prayers!!
My DD at 11 weeks 3 Days. I love this US pic!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
niclet
Angel
Angel

Return to Pregnant After a Loss